FACEOFF SUMMARY

FACEOFF COMPARISON

TOI - BRUINS

TOI - RED WINGS

Last edited:

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
It would have helped if this was a evening game I just know it. It is what it is. It's ok lots of positives in this game. They can reel a 10 game winning streak if they want .

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
I dunno. Seems to me that they’re trying to win games by giving minimal effort, in order to conserve energy. Almost as though, as someone said, they expect to win merely by their presence. Either that or since the games are effectively meaningless they find it hard to give 110%. Which they don’t need to until the playoffs. Obviously if they played the whole game like they did after Pasta scored they’d have demolished Detroit. As Aussie Bruin said, they’re in a weird spot.

Edit: but giving minimal energy doesn’t work because you end-up expending it late in the game anyway. So I dunno. Playoffs can’t come soon enough.

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
I don't think we'll see a 60 minute effort anymore until playoffs unless it's a team that we might face in the postseason. I think this is how they're managing games and hoping to keep players reasonably fresh. I don't buy the "tired" excuse when they can turn up the intensity at will.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
So long as they haven't gotten into the bad habit of thinking they can just turn it on whenever they need to/want to I'm not that freaked out by the losing. However I am beginning to suspect that it could become as important an issue as the PP.

The Bruins have had quite a bit of time off lately so I'm not buying into the "they're tired" theme anymore. They've slept through the first two, two and a half periods of the last three games before finally deciding to show up and play the way they're capable of playing. Noticeable exception: Linus Ullmark, who singlehandedly kept them in the games vs the Oilers and yesterday.

They really need to do an ego check here because as good as they've been all season they are not unbeatable. They do have weaknesses that can, have been & will be exploited.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad