Post-Game Talk: GAME 65 - Too Little Too Late - Detroit 5 BRUINS 3

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
i think its the bergeron effect. players dont want to disappoint him. they respect him too much.

Then the Captain needs to tell Hathaway it is OK to go full asshole. Otherwise there's no point in having him on the team, the Bruins got him to raise hell with opponents.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Canes beat Tampa 6-0. Canes lost to NJ 3-0. Canes lost to VGK 4-0. Avs lost to the Kings 5-2. Nucks beat Tor 4-1. So on and so forth over just the past week or so. Top tier teams lose games. Even when the Bs lose it has generally been close. No team can maintain top form every single game. Bs have done it better than anyone in the league during the season. Still 17 pts ahead of the pack in the Atlantic. 11 pts ahead of the rest of the East. Diff still more than double over all teams except a couple. Pretty sure Monty and the players have a good handle on things.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Canes beat Tampa 6-0. Canes lost to NJ 3-0. Canes lost to VGK 4-0. Avs lost to the Kings 5-2. Nucks beat Tor 4-1. So on and so forth over just the past week or so. Top tier teams lose games. Even when the Bs lose it has generally been close. No team can maintain top form every single game. Bs have done it better than anyone in the league during the season. Still 17 pts ahead of the pack in the Atlantic. 11 pts ahead of the rest of the East. Diff still more than double over all teams except a couple. Pretty sure Monty and the players have a good handle on things.
when bruins turn it on. they turn it on.
especially mcavoy. love when he lugs the puck up ice.

Reactions: hrdpuk

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

I think this playing and coaching group have earned our trust. There are issues to be addressed, no doubt about it, but there is every reason to believe they'll be able to sort them out and hit the ground running in round one.

Every year on this board there is a running debate between, in simplistic terms, the 'she'll be righters' who shrug off bad performances and issues as aberrations and the ones who see problems as more likely entrenched and worry that they'll prove terminal in the playoffs. This season I'm much closer to the 'don't worry about it' camp than usual. This is a well-built and well-led roster. No team is perfect, and it's going to be tough in the east as there are some very good hockey teams around, but the Bs have every chance of success as long as they get a little luck on the injury front.

In that sense the situation is set and everything in between now and G1 is just waiting and trying to keep the team as fresh and healthy and prepared as possible.

PastaBaked

May 8, 2021
Can't disagree with you. I'd like the 2023 Bruins remembered for a good reason. The 2007 Patriots still haunt me.
Whenever I think of the disappointment of the 2007 Patriots......I let my mind drift to images of 2001, 2003, 2004, .....(exhale)......2014, 2016 and finally 2018.

Perhaps you need a quick chat with a Falcons fan, they'll let you know what it's REALLY like to be haunted by a Superbowl loss.

Reactions: Gordoff

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Whenever I think of the disappointment of the 2007 Patriots......I let my mind drift to images of 2001, 2003, 2004, .....(exhale)......2014, 2016 and finally 2018.

Perhaps you need a quick chat with a Falcons fan, they'll let you know what it's REALLY like to be haunted by a Superbowl loss.
5EFC27AA-A331-4488-A8B5-A6E279778F42.gif

• Wow
Reactions: PastaBaked

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
This.
I see posts where people critize player x because they had an off game. If you have played any sport, I'm sure you know when you just don't have it. Have heavy legs, no stamina, etc. It happens to everyone, and it doesn't
matter if your paid 9 million to play, it will still happen.

Reactions: missingchicklet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad