Post-Game Talk: GAME 65 THE BEAR escapes a beartrap - BRUINS 1 New Jersey 0 F

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I would give Stempniak a shot, vet player but he still has some speed and can at least hit the net. I really feel bad for Coyle, he came here and basically he is with ghosts of Hayes and Fraser from the past

His skill level is that of an AHL player right now. The "Leadership" he brings maybe earns him a 4th line spot on a team going through a throwaway season. Maybe a 13th forward on a bubble team.

Just way too much money the Bruins are spending on that. But trying not to beat a dead horse.

Reactions: EvilDead

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Hopefully none. Definitely don't think its suspension worthy, but should've probably been 2 minutes. Which late in a game up by 1, why would he risk giving the other team a powerplay? Luckily the refs showed some consistency on how they were calling the game for once.

To be fair, they didn't book him for the opener when he jumped Lars Eller when Eller wasn't even ready to fight. Still, you never know with the league office and Marchand.

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Hopefully none. Definitely don't think its suspension worthy, but should've probably been 2 minutes. Which late in a game up by 1, why would he risk giving the other team a powerplay? Luckily the refs showed some consistency on how they were calling the game for once.

"If that wasn't Marchand..."

But it always is.

Backes gets cross checked last game. No penalty.

It's nothing. We try too hard to be... 'unbiased'

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Yea definitely far from his top 10 all time rat plays, but just unnecessary.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Dude, is there a reason you are making a mountain out of a molehill of a collision that happens a dozen times a game during every single game across the league? The agenda is getting old, tiresome and boring.

Last edited:

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Everyone is bailing on the Celtics

As they should. Kyrie Irving has single-handedly destroyed all the progress Danny Ainge made since 2013 in about a year and a half because he wants to be LeBron Jr. Not that Gordon Hayward hasn't helped add fuel to the fire as he constantly takes minutes away from a player like Jaylen Brown when he still isn't 100% back because he's Brad Stevens' golden boy from Butler.

Reactions: rfournier103

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Funnily enough Cehlarik had the best on ice possession stats on the team prior to his benching.

79% corsi
7-3 scoring chances for/against

Too bad he seems to take these offensive zone penalties fairly often.
Also has one of the best takeaway/giveaway ratios on the team. Would be good to see what he could do if he was allowed to play through his mistakes like several other youngsters were allowed to do earlier in the season. Not a fan of the way this kid is getting jerked around. I think he adds something to the team that will be needed once the playoffs hit. Cannot have too many offensive black holes deep in the playoffs. Need some playmakers. Balanced minutes between all four lines, and having some subpar talent in the lineup is working great right now, so it's tough to criticize much. Things will be different in the playoffs. Hope the Bs coaches adjust.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
I suppose that’s what I’m going to go with.

We’re on to Carolina... I mean Hartford... I mean...

Whatever.

I wish we were playing Hartford. At least then we could be spared of the stupid "storm surge" hokey bullcrap they're doing in Raleigh and have a revival of the Whalers-Bruins rivalry.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Backes gets cross checked last game. No penalty.

It's nothing. We try too hard to be... 'unbiased'

What's that saying, something about 2 wrongs and a right?

I don't care about the whataboutism, just calling it like it is, unnecessary. We won the game, he didn't get penalized, so this time it doesn't matter. But he took an unnecessary risk there at a crucial part of the game.

Reactions: Bun Cook

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Dude, is there a reason you are making a mountain out of a molehill of a collision that happens a dozen times a game amongst every single game? The agenda is getting old, tiresome and boring.
No Doubt we get that crap enough from other fan bases. Get that s*** out of here. I am so f****** tired of it. If that is anybody else in the league there's not even a freaking question on that being incidental contact! Really not happy with that comment! The guy has been letter perfect this year and hate to see it tarnished by bulshit comments like this

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
What's that saying, something about 2 wrongs and a right?

I don't care about the whataboutism, just calling it like it is, unnecessary. We won the game, he didn't get penalized, so this time it doesn't matter. But he took an unnecessary risk there at a crucial part of the game.
I'd say Marchand was trying to stay onside.

The player sold the crap out of it.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Missed the game. Glad to see they kept that unbeaten streak alive.

12-0-4

But how was it? Only 1-0. Rask the SO. Did they play well?
Good game to miss. They played good for about the first 15 minutes and then coasted through the rest of the game. They got away with a very mediocre effort

Reactions: Jean_Jacket41

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad