GDT: Game 65: Red Wings vs yotes 7:00 pm et 3/14/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Buffalo is gonna run us again.
Oh ya I expect it to be a pretty convincing win for Buffalo. Maybe 5-1, 5-2. Worse if Lyon is in net

Umm anyone! But the kid is frickin good and we have just lost 7 in a row and are free calling! So time to make a change. Honestly I'd go all in and bring Ed up and put him with Seider. Wallman and seider haven't been good lately anyway. Try it out. Then let wallman play 2nd pair with big Ben. Then whatever for the 3rd pair. Or play ed with big Ben on the 2nd pair.
I’d take it a step further and bring both Ed and Johannsen up. Insert both of those guys in. Keep seider, ghost, chiarot, walman as the other 4.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
The missing Larkin excuse needs to stop permanently. If the sorry Blackhawks can win at least one game without Bedard, then we should be able to win one during this stretch without Larkin.

I hate being this pessimistic, but the results require it. Shame this season has turned into the Titanic. GFY Red Wings, get your s*** together.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Honestly I think Lyon needs a bit of a break at this point. They have been riding him hard from when Husso went down the first time and Reimer is not good so they have overloaded his starts.

JoesuffP

Feb 3, 2016
Kane, Debrincat, Sprong, Perron, Berggren, Fabbri is way too many guys on a single team that are specialized offensive players that are huge negatives in their own zone. Then you have the guys you don’t expect to score but they’re also negatives in their own zone they just appear to be defensive players for some reason when the numbers don’t back it

Reactions: dragonballgtz

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Seider isn't being allowed to play physical because carrying the weight of 5 useless NHL defensemen is f***ing hard. If you start sending him out there to lay huge hits the dude is going to die on the ice.

If he is a man on a island right now why not let him take a few head's (metaphorically not literally speaking) off and potentially put some fear in guys breaking into our zone instead of whatever it is he has to do now?

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
Kane, Debrincat, Sprong, Perron, Berggren, Fabbri is way too many guys on a single team that are specialized offensive players that are huge negatives in their own zone. Then you have the guys you don’t expect to score but they’re also negatives in their own zone they just appear to be defensive players for some reason when the numbers don’t back it
Plus, most of those players are undersized. They have nothing but wimps playing forward. Guys who don't win physical battles. They're not built for the playoffs until they get players who can wear opponents down in a playoff series.

Reactions: 14ari13

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
I'm amused at how many names and avatars that I haven't seen all season are suddenly here now. You'd think it would be the inverse and names/avatars that I've seen all season would suddenly go away.
Whatever brings them here, I'm all for it. I rarely post during games but really enjoy reading the GDT while at work overnights after the games. I'd not want to get back to the 8 page GDTs like we had a few years ago.

I think negative comments during a game are born out of frustration rather than people taking any perverse pleasure in others' misery. Probably not much filtering of comments from mind to message board when you're in the moment like that.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
200w.gif

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Wow, no kidding on the number of posters coming out of the woodwork with their hot takes.

I thought the effort was there tonight. Execution sucked. No one used their teammates or played as a group. But they were trying.

I know people have their axes to grind, but I kind of have a man crush on Chiarot right now. He's trying. He's playing physical. He's defending teammates. He's scrapping. He's putting it all out there. It's funny that he and Raymond had a tiff because the two of them are the ones I really think are leaving it all on the ice each night during this losing streak.

But yeah, it sucks. This is one of those games that you'd lose in the best of times and shrug it off. The fact that it comes during a losing streak makes it seem worse. DDK and Mick kept saying you just gotta keep working through these streaks.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaah

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2015
What are playoff odds down to? Sub 30% I would guess?

Glad Stevie didn't buy for deadline. It wouldn't have changed anything. That thumping by Colorado told him all he needed to know.

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI
One has to wonder if Yzerman is thinking about trading Larkin like Bowman wanted Yzerman shipped to Ottawa. You can’t lose one player and lose 7 straight. Something stinks w that.

Wonder what the Wings could get for him. One has to ponder the idea, no ?

• Haha
Reactions: MagicMann13

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
Waiting for optimistic guys who still "like our team", somehow see "young core", and expecting us "to come out strong next game".

Honestly, this is one of the biggest collapses that I've seen in a couple of decades for the Red Wings. There was absolutely no indication throughout the year that this team can fall like this.

I guess something happened recently that we are unaware about.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Next game I like to see
Mazur - Kasper - Kane line
Don't know if those 2 have a chance to play with real star on the same line next season.
Berggren should be in GR , so he could experience playoffs.

Reactions: lgrws91

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad