Post-Game Talk: GAME #65: Canucks 2 @ Coyotes 5: Brad Richardson with the quad damage

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Funny how Dipietro let’s in 7 to one of the best teams in the league and The sky is falling. Demko let’s in 5 against the coyotes and no reaction.

Demko and the Canucks were terrible tonight.

One has spent multiple years in professional hockey. The other was Junior called up due to incompetent management.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Karlsson should be #1 on the UFA list. Elite defenseman just aren’t available so if you can get one you do it. Adding him and Quinn would be a huge upgrade to the D.
Karlsson seems to be having groin problems this year. He'll probably start breaking down 1 game into a 7 year $14m/y contract with the canucks and turn into the Loui Eriksson of defense.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Not shocking after a 25+ minute night last night. The kids are wearing down. The lack of a decent supporting cast I’m sure plays a major role in that.
they got in at 3am from mile high city

schedule making is insanely stupid

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Demko is probably going to get quite a few games up here to play out the stretch..no need to ride Marky
After another loss to a team in front of us in the standings? Yeah no need to really play Marky at all anymore. Just reassure him that he’s not gonna have any competition for the starting gig come training camp as the Canucks quality goaltending prospect is only just gonna be turning pro in October.
At least with Captain Tanko back there a #5 overall draft pick is well within sites

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Richardson has 16 goals.

Eriksson(9), Sutter (4), Beagle(2), Schaller(0) have 15.

Talk about getting bang for your buck.

Richardson scored 3 goals last year in over 70 games. He’s like 35 years old. He’s going to be 40 years old soon. He’s a complete anomaly that people only bring up because he plays well against the Canucks for some reason. Why anyone cares about Richardson is so ridiculous to me.

Reactions: FacepalmBenning

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
they got in at 3am from mile high city

schedule making is insanely stupid

It is. But other teams get that same type of trip as well. And really they weren’t much better last night as a whole. They should have been run out of the rink in that one as well.

Pettersson is either hurt or he hit the wall. And there is no supporting cast to really pick the team up. It’s a poorly constructed roster.

Reactions: sting101

Balls Mahoney

Aug 14, 2008
Legend
The other thing about Richardson is he's fairly broken and he was broken when he was leaving here. While I didn't agree with moving away from him, I'm not sure how dependable he is over a 82-game season. But still one of the best toolbox player Canucks of all time.

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
Richardson scored 3 goals last year in over 70 games. He’s like 35 years old. He’s going to be 40 years old soon. He’s a complete anomaly that people only bring up because he plays well against the Canucks for some reason. Why anyone cares about Richardson is so ridiculous to me.
Why not? He is just as effective, if not more so, that Beagle, at a fraction of the price. I get that you don't care about cap space, salary structure, bang for the bucks etc, but not everybody is like that.

Reactions: PM

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Pro scouting? Roussel Leivo Pearson Schenn look like pretty big pro scouting wins. Previous pro scouting wins like Ryan Miller and Radim Vrbata. Go ahead and beat the Ericsson drum for the billionth time. There’s an exception to every rule and unexpected things happen.

Beyond that my original point was to demonstrate that the decision making process in place here has led to a roster and prospect pool that no one in their right mind would trade for the result of the decision making process in Arizona which by the way decided to get Richardson. You’re being a hypocrite by critiquing the decision making process But not being willing to trade rosters and prospects with the decision making process in Arizona.

You know you are a terrible GM when people start resorting to Luke Schenn as one of your big pro-scouting moves.

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
But better than the crap Bennng brought in

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Demko should absolutely be starting at least 50% of the remaining games. Season doesn't matter anymore and need to see where he is at.

If he looks ready then shop Markstrom in the offseason.

Reactions: geebaan

Balls Mahoney

Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I remember the good old days where the cutting edge GM made scheduling a priority and applied significant pressure on the league to reduce mileage on the players.

It is simply terrifying that Gillis was fanatical about this to the point of players nearly rebelling against his regime. To now the significant disadvantages of our travel schedule which can be as much as twice as many miles as eastern teams in a season hasn't even been mentioned once by this regime.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I remember the good old days where the cutting edge GM made scheduling a priority and applied significant pressure on the league to reduce mileage on the players.

I really do feel like the league doesn't care about the west in that regard. An overnight flight from Minnesota to Dallas isn't the same as both New Yorks. Even the home and home games back to back are hard to watch.

But what can you do?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad