Post-Game Talk: GAME #65: Canucks 2 @ Coyotes 5: Brad Richardson with the quad damage

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
XH9FoGF.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: lindgren

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Some reports are coming out that Edler is ready to return and the Gaudette Is back w the team after dealing with the flu.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Hopefully this contest is better than that awful mud-wrestling effort at Rogers Arena last week. Maybe the 'Yotes will actually open it up a bit more at home. A few goals would be nice.

Any word on the starting goaltender for the Canucks? Can't see how they don't go with Demko. Markstrom was buried under an avalanche of shots and scoring chances last night in Denver, including OT and a shootout. With the travel he'll be gassed tonight.

Another basically 'must-win' game for the Canucks. Feeling curiously positive about this one. The 'Yotes are due for a letdown game at home.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Arizona is better than us, further along in their rebuild, and has better management

Dark times

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
And what, play Schaller?
Sure. What's the difference? Or even better, how about Gaudette if he's healthy?

Loui's the top paid player on this team. I think even the biggest detractor of the signing at the time would have expected better production and effort out of him during his Canuck tenure. I doubt he even gets bought out until 2020 at the earliest.

HankNDank

Oct 25, 2013
Medicine Hat
Sure. What's the difference? Or even better, how about Gaudette if he's healthy?

Loui's the top paid player on this team. I think even the biggest detractor of the signing at the time would have expected better production and effort out of him during his Canuck tenure. I doubt he even gets bought out until 2020 at the earliest.
I don't think he will get bought out. We will keep him around and leave him exposed in the expansion draft. If (when) Seattle doesn't take him, we wait until after July 1st that summer, he will only be paid $5M more on the remaining 2 years of the contact. We will be able to trade him to a team who wants high cap hit - low monies player.

Reactions: hellstick

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Arizona is better than us, further along in their rebuild, and has better management

Dark times
Is it because they're two points ahead of us?...Or they've missed the playoffs for 6 consecutive years.(3 playoff appearances in 15 years)...or your a bitter Canucks fan?..maybe all three?

Last edited:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Bodog and the other sports betting lines have the the Canucks officially at eight percent to make the playoffs. That goes down with a loss tonight.

Yet the pompom waivers and cheerleaders on House Radio will continue to prattle on about "the young Canuck players playing meaningful games in March". Seriously? At odds of under eight percent, they have a better chance of winning the draft lottery than making the playoffs.

And as far as the young players are concerned, Pettersson looks completely gassed to me. I'd start to worry about him getting hurt again. Meantime the veterans you're supposed to be relying at this time of year like Eriksson and Beagle are on cruise control to the finish line. And naturally the only two top-tier d-men they have in Edler and Tanev are injured again.

So despite all the spin-doctoring, this March is looking a lot like every other one in the last four years to me.

wavaxa2

Sep 24, 2010
I wish he would do the right thing and come down with the same made up skin condition Marian Hossa has.

Maybe a pair of Chris Higgins' bacteria laced skates can be quietly slipped into his locker.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Bodog and the other sports betting lines have the the Canucks officially at eight percent to make the playoffs. That goes down with a loss tonight.

Yet the pompom waivers and cheerleaders on House Radio will continue to prattle on about "the young Canuck players playing meaningful games in March". Seriously? At odds of under eight percent, they have a better chance of winning the draft lottery than making the playoffs.

And as far as the young players are concerned, Pettersson looks completely gassed to me. I'd start to worry about him getting hurt again. Meantime the veterans you're supposed to be relying at this time of year like Eriksson and Beagle are on cruise control to the finish line. And naturally the only two top-tier d-men they have in Edler and Tanev are injured again.

So despite all the spin-doctoring, this March is looking a lot like every other one in the last four years to me.

The bar is just comically low here.

12th in the conference 5 points out of the playoffs (with a record that would be 12 points out of the playoffs in the East) being framed as a big success by the team and media is just a total joke.

Reactions: Mr4legs and geebaan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad