Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1709727763046.png

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I look at games in groups. The last 10-15 games have been, overall, not good. Sure I’m happy that they took 3/4 points on a back to back against tough opponents but last night showed more of the same challenges they’ve been having over that time and as good as it feels to beat the bag out of Toronto, that game was an anomaly compared to recent play.

String together some more strong efforts, stop giving up late leads, and then I’ll feel better. 3/4 points on a B2B and destroying Toronto is nothing more than a hit of dopamine unless they build on it and improve.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Thought the Bruins played well against the Oilers who have a lot of skilled speedy forwards. Bruins defended well. You can see the need for more scoring at the deadline. Hard to compete in OT against a team like the Oilers with McD whipping around. Good thing there is no 3 on 3 in the play offs.

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Wow 15 loser points, I don't think I have ever seen this before.

Is this a new record?
I think so

It’s probably a good thing because they are good and at times very good but not great

They don’t blow so many leads abd chop those loser points they would be first overall which would be insane because I’m not sure they could beat a lower seed in the playoffs

Reactions: Mad Dr Pepper

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Thomas Nosek was a 4th line center who was good defensively and could win faceoffs (7th in the league last year). They let him leave for a minimal salary when they were already losing Bergeron.
He was a great 4th line center. It would have been nice to keep him.

Fell asleep in the 3rd, thought they played well. Man I like Linus.
I love Linus. He looked sad last night.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
They played well enough through 60 last night that as a stand alone game I don’t worry about the loss or surrendering a 6-5 goal

as soon as i factor in the season on the whole, and how they have been hilariously bad at hanging onto a lead in the final minutes, all goes to hell in a hand basket again.

Nobody wins a battle in the final minutes. Nobody can win a faceoff. Nobody can do anything other than panic. It looks like children chasing professionals once we get to 6 on 5. They are that lost out there.

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
Eh lucky goal to tie the game. They played a good game. We do need a faceoff centre for crucial own end draws

Im ok playing Toronto. We match up well against them. Not a hard forechecking team
Yeh sign me up for the Laffs. Would rather them than Tampa, Detroit, Isles....Hopefully someone knocks off florida round 1 and the Bruins go from there.

Reactions: Gordoff and lopey

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
They played well enough through 60 last night that as a stand alone game I don’t worry about the loss or surrendering a 6-5 goal

as soon as i factor in the season on the whole, and how they have been hilariously bad at hanging onto a lead in the final minutes, all goes to hell in a hand basket again.

Nobody wins a battle in the final minutes. Nobody can win a faceoff. Nobody can do anything other than panic. It looks like children chasing professionals once we get to 6 on 5. They are that lost out there.
This

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
He should have kept it on his backhand and shot it. Decreases his angle some but ensures that he could get the shot off clean.
Yep. RNH made a nice play but Heinen has to get a clean shot towards goal there. He had to know that he had a guy bearing down on him. Just a quick backhand swipe would've been a better play.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Morning Bru guys said pretty much what I said last night. Great game, great team structure, and this one mostly hurts because of all the ones before it. But if this was month 1 we'd all mostly be fine.

The way they neutralized McDavid for most of that game was really what stands out. I'll be curious to see what Sweeney does next, and what the Leafs game is like tomorrow.

Imagine this place Thursday night, trade deadline eve, and Jake is scratched :DD

• Haha
Reactions: Ladyfan and caz16

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
If Coyle wins that draw in our zone late in the game, the outcome would have been a win.
He lost that draw so clean to LD.
This is an area the B's need to improve on.
Better luck next time.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Morning Bru guys said pretty much what I said last night. Great game, great team structure, and this one mostly hurts because of all the ones before it. But if this was month 1 we'd all mostly be fine.

The way they neutralized McDavid for most of that game was really what stands out. I'll be curious to see what Sweeney does next, and what the Leafs game is like tomorrow.

Imagine this place Thursday night, trade deadline eve, and Jake is scratched :DD
your assuming he doesn`t get moved today:)

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
How many 1 goal leads has this team blown in the last 3-4mins this season?

How many empty net goals have the scored? Seems they get stuck in their zone whenever the goalies pulled.

Becoming a sick joke that needs to be addressed.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
How many 1 goal leads has this team blown in the last 3-4mins this season?

How many empty net goals have the scored? Seems they get stuck in their zone whenever the goalies pulled.

Becoming a sick joke that needs to be addressed.

I think it's 9!

your assuming he doesn`t get moved today:)

haha I just think the drama of a the Thursday night scratch is more fun, but then nothing happens till noon Friday :laugh:

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Getting worried about Brad he just doesn’t seem right,and he is constantly getting rocked with hits ,I think he may need to change his style,cutdown on the dangling,move the puck earlier,shoot more something.

Reactions: Gordoff and lopey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad