Post-Game Talk: GAME 64 - Oilers 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT - B's now have 15 loser points

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I like how the Bruins have played the last 2 games, strong structure and team D. Tough loss tonight, Heinen misses the EN and once it went to OT Boston was cooked. Montgomery putting out TF, McAvoy and Carlo out against the Oilers stars was ridiculous, where was Debrusk and Zacha, 2 guys with speed, Marchand has really been struggling, should not have been out there. The good news is the Bruins are back on track playing playoff type hockey. We now need Sweeney to go out and get a guy who can win a bloody faceoff.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Yes, bets made by the refs. Hyman clearly tripped Carlo and then put the puck in the net. And that call on Freddy was ludicrous, and let's not forget the loose puck that he blew dead.
Hyman would have looked great in a Bruins uni, said it back when he was a UFA. Don`t think he`d be a 40+ scorer with the B`s but plays the exact style of game this team sorely lacks

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I don't think I'm asking too much: can we have someone capable to win an important faceoff? For Christ sakes!!!!

I'm pissed!!!

So, as an Oiler fan watching the game it seems to me the obvious player the Bruins should try to acquire is Leon Draisaitl, no?

He'd looks like the guy who'd become the identity of the Bruins. Not sure how Boston could make it happen but this off season, if Leon doesn't re-up with Edmonton, he is the guy you should go get.

Just my two cents.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
What D pair was out the most against the McRidiculous line? I know what I saw anecdotally, but I sometimes perceptions and the actual stat line are not the same thing :laugh:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I can't be mad at the effort. It was there. Just dumb mistakes at the end. Danton missing the EN hurt. Freddy, Carlo, Chuckie being out in OT is a ...choice.

Fustrating way to lose. But they battled. I can't be mad. The effort was there.

Danton missed because the Oiler defending him hit his (Danton's ) stick just as he was shooting the puck. IDK what Woodstock was supposed to do about that.

They played very well up until then & then they just fell apart. This team is not mentally tough.

I'm glad I didn't stay after the tying goal was scored. My cardiovascular system can't take this shit anymore.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
What D pair was out the most against the McRidiculous line? I know what I saw anecdotally, but I sometimes perceptions and the actual stat line are not the same thing :laugh:

Was Charlie's. He played over 12 mins against them. Did pretty well too.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
So, as an Oiler fan watching the game it seems to me the obvious player the Bruins should try to acquire is Leon Draisaitl, no?

He'd looks like the guy who'd become the identity of the Bruins. Not sure how Boston could make it happen but this off season, if Leon doesn't re-up with Edmonton, he is the guy you should go get.

Just my two cents.
Yes, I've been thinking this all season. I would try to make a deal centered around Jake Debrusk, Linus Ullmark and another piece (not sure what) and then of course the deal has to work Cap wise. LD is in his prime and is exactly what we need. For that reason it won't happen. Thanks for the input.

Reactions: Tbaybruin

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Yeh that’s kind of impossible to do

Not really, and you know what I mean- he will be sloppy, floating around a lot, turning pucks over but lo and behold, he's put up a couple points anyway. It's a testament to his insane talent level that when he's off his game, not feeling it, whatever, he still gets things done offensively.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Oh you guys aren't joking with the Drai stuff? lol amazing.

I thought we were just being silly

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Not really, and you know what I mean- he will be sloppy, floating around a lot, turning pucks over but lo and behold, he's put up a couple points anyway. It's a testament to his insane talent level that when he's off his game, not feeling it, whatever, he still gets things done offensively.
Absolutely agree

Reactions: Dr Hook

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
here are the Even Strength numbers from last nights games for against just McDavid. The CF and CA are McDavid's numbers against the person.

Player Position TOI CF CA
Charlie McAvoy D 14:18 22 9
Brad Marchand L 13:19 19 10
Matt Grzelcyk D 13:04 19 8
Charlie Coyle C 12:09 17 5
Jake DeBrusk L 11:07 16 8
Brandon Carlo D 4:07 3 2
Danton Heinen L 3:22 3 1
Pavel Zacha C 2:52 2 0
Parker Wothers D 2:33 1 2
David Pastrnak R 2:25 1 2
Jesper Boqvist C 2:21 3 1
Trent Frederic C 2:10 6 1
Mason Lohrei D 1:45 2 1
Jakub Lauko C 1:28 1 0
Justin Brazeau R 1:25 1 0
Kevin Shattenki D 1:19 2 0
Morgan Geekie C 1:13 2 4
James van Riems L 0:33 1 1

edit: I should add McDavid had 18:54 of even strength TOI

Reactions: KWbruin and Dr Hook

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Hyman would have looked great in a Bruins uni, said it back when he was a UFA. Don`t think he`d be a 40+ scorer with the B`s but plays the exact style of game this team sorely lacks
Hyman is like a dog on a bone on the forecheck, has always played this way. We need more players like him,

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Yes, I've been thinking this all season. I would try to make a deal centered around Jake Debrusk, Linus Ullmark and another piece (not sure what) and then of course the deal has to work Cap wise. LD is in his prime and is exactly what we need. For that reason it won't happen. Thanks for the input.
It would cost us Lohrei and Posty as starters to get LD, add in Ullmark as well along with others.
EDM would probably ask for Swayze instead of Ullmark.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad