Post-Game Talk: GAME 64 - Oilers 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT - B's now have 15 loser points

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
As soon as we were headed to OT I knew we were going to lose.
Sadly a wasted effort, feel bad for Lindus.

I would have Beecher on the team for one thing even if it's one thing only...take draws in our own end.
Coyle was frighin' horrible vs the leafs and I think even worse last night.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
All I have to say about last night's game is......what the hell were they thinking putting two D-men (two right shot D-men on top of it), one of which has barely sniffed the ice 3 on 3 in his career, out against McDavid and Draisaitl?

Talk about overthinking it. Carlo looked lost on the winning goal and I don't blame him. Coaches job is to put their players in a position to succeed and whatever that crap was last night in OT, that was not it.

Reactions: KWbruin

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
Hyman would have looked great in a Bruins uni, said it back when he was a UFA. Don`t think he`d be a 40+ scorer with the B`s but plays the exact style of game this team sorely lacks
True enough, but if a Broon had made that trip against Edmonton, you can BET your bottom dollar that it would have been called.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
He had a good run all those years, can't complain about him in any way other that he didn't play for longer, but I get it. . . . .
He was smart to retire with the back issues (and probably other things) .

I will always love him as a person and player. We were so lucky for all of those years.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
All I have to say about last night's game is......what the hell were they thinking putting two D-men (two right shot D-men on top of it), one of which has barely sniffed the ice 3 on 3 in his career, out against McDavid and Draisaitl?

Talk about overthinking it. Carlo looked lost on the winning goal and I don't blame him. Coaches job is to put their players in a position to succeed and whatever that crap was last night in OT, that was not it.
What I saw was they all had their guys then McDavid got a step past McAvoy, so Freddy left his guy Bouchard to cut him off. Carlo saw that and had to favor Bouchard in the slot, giving Draisaitl more space. Man on man it happens.
All that would be moot if McDavid wasn't McDavid, threading a pass through all three. To me it was a combination of McDavid being great and an unfortunate deflection. Not Carlo's fault.
I'm more upset about Draisitl cleaning Coyle on the dot with a minute left then tipping in the tying goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad