Post-Game Talk: GAME 64 - Oilers 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT - B's now have 15 loser points

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
There was nothing wrong with it. After 2+ years fans should know that he’s not going to show a ton of emotion and talk in circles. Turks was very similar.
Team gets 3 out of 4 against tough oppenents. Monty is the man. Interview was fine.

Me too, but this consistent habit of blowing leads late in games will bite them in the ass in the playoffs, if they can't fix it
Let them work out still plenty of hockey left. This one was pure luck if danton scored on empty net this was curtains. Puck luck needed sometimes.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Team is turning it around from that funk I feel played very well tonight considering how exhausted they must be coming like 3 am at airport.
This is fair to but it's frustrating :laugh:

Not when you cannot close out games.
Yea well alot goes into that and starts with who you send out there to line up.I swear to God I knew b4 puck dropped they would not start with that puck.Anyhow that game is in overtime during playoffs not some nhl gimmick where teams like Edm have huge adv.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
In from another Groundhog Day game

first the good news- 3 of 4 points in back to back games against Toronto and Edmonton with travel thrown- hard to complain about that
But
The ability to give away a win late in the game is becoming an almost expected event. When Heinen missed the open net you could sense the crowd thinking" here we go again"..I have to believe the bench had the same reaction

On a broader scale- the Bs looked like a team playing a back to back...the Oilers were consistently quicker to the puck and with their sticks, the Bs D struggled to get quick outs and there was little to no Bs forecheck. When you add that together- the Oilers were the better team tonight and Linus probably stole a point.

Now the rematch with the Leafs on Thursday ....hopefully a day off will refresh both their legs and their heads.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
If Donny gets a A grade center and a solid shot blocking snarl dman at deadline we in serious business. Crossing my fingers.
Where does he get these players?

"A" grade center??? Excellent d man? Is there a store where he can go to pick them up?? I don't think there is much to be got out there.

I hope he does something but I have low expectations.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario

"A" grade center??? Excellent d man? Is there a store where he can go to pick them up?? I don't think there is much to be got out there.

I think he lands lindholm sending lysell . Just a gut feeling. Too much smoke with this rumour. Something is happening. Let's see.

Reactions: Tbaybruin

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Yes, low expectations is the way to view things.The Bruins can ill afford to trade assets and are against cap.They have some players like Jake that are ufas to be but they don't fetch what Donny is suggesting unless that dream thing I heard today with Canucks ,Penguins happened.That said, I am perfectly fine waiting tll off season to try and fill the biggest hole which is a Top Centre.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I hope he does something. He usually does.

I will be happy when it is over so the Bs can see what they have and work from there.
Hes watching what we are seeing and there is a big need for a solid center. We are running B centers trying to do A work. Love zacha Coyle geekie but they arent elias lindholm .

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I just wanna know if this team is gonna break the record for most OT losses in a season.
I certainly hope not. I can't take anymore heartbreaking losses. This team isn't terrible. It's just dumb mistakes.

I'm not that mad about the loss tonight. Yeah it sucked to lose in OT. But the effort was there. Nobody was half assing. They played pretty hard. On a back 2 back? I'll take it.

Definitely fustrating though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad