Post-Game Talk: GAME 64 B'S GROUND LIGHTNING!!!!! A message sent - BRUINS 4 Tampa Bay 1 FINAL

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
REALLY???? If you would then I don't think you fully grasp how good/important Carlo is now and how much more he will be once Z hangs them up or is off the team which could be as soon as next year. The great thing is he won't be THAT expensive because he doesn't bring offense at the moment... but he is a ****ing horse. #1 defensive D for a loooooong time to come.
Like I said, I love Carlo - but it might be worth checking in on what Landeskog is doing these days and what he would bring to the team - and he's locked up at good money for years.

He's over .5 goals per game, a long standing team captain, and would immediately make Boston's forward group the best in the league IMO.

And again - I love Carlo.

Reactions: TwineTickler

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Like I said, I love Carlo - but it might be worth checking in on what Landeskog is doing these days and what he would bring to the team - and he's locked up at good money for years.

He's over .5 goals per game, a long standing team captain, and would immediately make Boston's forward group the best in the league IMO.

Trust me, I'm not discounting what Landeskog is doing, or him as a player. I do think his numbers are inflated playing with Mack and Rantonen who are clearly the more talented players on that line and I worry his game will fall off a cliff due to his skating not being that great and playing a physical style (sort of like Lucic). Carlo is enormous and skates like Pavel Bure (well, you know)... and he's starting to get involved up the ice more and more because of that speed. I don't think he's scratched the surface of what he can be, and as they say, D wins championships. We have 3, should be STUDS, to anchor that D moving forward in Carlo, Mac, and assumably, Vaak and that excites the hell out of me. Mobile good D are so important. I wouldn't move Carlo for many players... and maybe that's just me.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I'm sorry I missed the game but we had a great time at the movie. Based on what I've read here:

1. Once again, Brandon Carlo needs to be covered in bubble wrap for his own protection :scared:
2. Everybody needs to wear a cage because magic things happen when you do, like Noel Acciari being #1 star. :tinker:

3. This team has that 2011 vibe :stanley:

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Wow, as excited as I am about that performance I also want to try and keep a level head. Tampa is a much better team than we saw tonight and I think our next matchup against them will be a better idea of where each team stands. A lot of lines are clicking right now and you wonder what's going to happen when Pasta comes back. Does you slot #1RW and move Heinen down? Does he go #2RW and move Johansson down?

I think for me you move Johansson down and have Pasta play #2RW. The reason I say that is because Heinen has been a P/GP player since moving up to Bergeron's wing. If Heinen continues to score at this rate the rest of the season, he'll end up with around 14G/25A for the year. Not bad considering it was just 3 weeks ago that he had 6G/7A on the year. Anyways, Bergeron/Marchand are getting the most out of Heinen, so leave it alone.

This leaves us with the 3rd line. The more I watch Coyle the more I like what he can do. I think he's not going to get it done though with Nordstrom and Backes as his wings. With Pasta returning I'd give him Johansson (see above) and call a kid up. The nice thing is Johansson plays LW/RW, and Coyle plays C/RW so you could call up someone from either wing position:

Cehlarik - Coyle - Johansson
Johansson - Coyle - Kuhlman
Johansson - Frederic - Coyle
Johansson - JFK - Coyle
Johansson - Coyle - Senyshyn

With Frederic/JFK, they also play wing and you could move guys around if you felt like Coyle was a better center at this point.

Backes, Coyle, and an upgrade on Nordstrom offensively should be good for the playoffs.

Reactions: bbfan419

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I think we all know that wasn't Tampa's best game... but I'd like to believe we're a tough matchup for them.

Out of the east, barring some crazy upset, I would say on paper we are probably their biggest speed bump to the SCF.

Yes I disagree, so to me, it's an awful take. Tampa has been healthy all season. The Bruins have been missing key components at all times including now. The key components that were missing on this team were addressed at TD. 3rd line center Check 2nd line RW Check. If fans didn't have faith in this team that's their problem, I have been impressed with this team all year. Greatness is not measured by heights attained but by obstacles overcome.

I disagree, but understand your reasoning.

Last edited:

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I'm sorry I missed the game but we had a great time at the movie. Based on what I've read here:

1. Once again, Brandon Carlo needs to be covered in bubble wrap for his own protection :scared:
2. Everybody needs to wear a cage because magic things happen when you do, like Noel Acciari being #1 star. :tinker:

Pierre would not stop praising Acciari from the start and they even highlighted that Acciari set a career high with FOUR assists.

I was rolling my eyes but he proved NBC to be right this time.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Pierre would not stop praising Acciari from the start and they even highlighted that Acciari set a career high with FOUR assists.

I was rolling my eyes but he proved NBC to be right this time.

I`ve been hard on Acciari but it`s not because I don`t like him. I love his heart and effort, my biggest problem with him is pucks usually die on his stick and even though he`s a 4th line guy, I still want my 4th liners to chip in and he hasn`t done nearly enough of it but having just watched the game, THIS is what I want more from Acciari. Clearly he`s not a PPG player but he has to chip in more or at least not be the one who ends a play with a poor pass or missed opportunity, great game from him

Full 60 from the B`s, yep, Bolts coming to the end of a tough 3 in 4 stretch and had their back up in net but let`s flip things around a touch, if it were the B`s we too would understand some fatigue issues but that Bruins team we saw last night, even if themselves in a 3 in 4 swing, would have put forth far more resilience than that Bolts team did. Great effort all around

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada
He's one punch away from having to call it a career. I know he wants to be a leader & good teammate but come on man, this is your life here.
From what we know from Backes, I guess it's pride. He knows he's paid good money and he's not producing as expected. He must surely feel like he has to contribute one way or another.
That being said, you're right, his life is more important.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
"We didn't play a good game at all," Domingue said. "They showed up. ... They stepped on the gas for a full 60 (minutes). The challenge for us the rest of the way I think is gonna be to show teams they can't play with us."

They really are arrogant. I think the injury bug is due to bite them. Let’s see how they play then.

Last edited:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

I'm sorry, but we are going to have to banish you from future GDTs if this is the result :D :sarcasm:

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Maybe I'm getting a little too uppity here, but I'm starting to lose my fear of facing the Caps in a 7 game series.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
"We didn't play a good game at all," Domingue said. "They showed up. ... They stepped on the gas for a full 60 (minutes). The challenge for us the rest of the way I think is gonna be to show teams they can't play with us."

They really are arrogant. I think the injury bug is due to bit them. Let’s see how they play then.
Loui Domingue is the last person on that team that should be acting arrogant. Save percentage hoevering .900 and a GAA hovering at almost 3.

He was great last night, but that's an outlier for him this year.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

They really are arrogant. I think the injury bug is due to bit them. Let’s see how they play then.
I`ll get hammered here for this but I wish the B`s played them in round 1, think our boys, fresh, have the game plan to wear them down and frustrate the Bolts offensively which is the key to beating them

I have now watched only 3 Bolts games this year and ironically, they lost all 3 and the common denominator in those games were the teams they played (Sharks and Islanders being the other), both times those teams played tight D and the Bolts were visibly frustrated as they are so used to things coming easy for them. If I were a Bolts fan that would be the issue I would be most concerned about, this team, unlike all others, have faced 0 adversity this season and that can create a different mindset within a team so when they do face that adversity, it can frustrate the team

Reactions: BMC and HumBucker

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

I wasn't expecting Tampa to rise near the top of my least favorite teams, but here we are. I hope they get skunked in every game the rest of the season.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I wasn't expecting Tampa to rise near the top of my least favorite teams, but here we are. I hope they get skunked in every game the rest of the season.

To their fans complaining about 3 games in 4 nights I'd counter with... last year's playoffs...

Toronto... or NJ??

CptxMorgan

Dangerzone
Jul 3, 2008
Lawrence, MA
From what we know from Backes, I guess it's pride. He knows he's paid good money and he's not producing as expected. He must surely feel like he has to contribute one way or another.
That being said, you're right, his life is more important.

I think getting trucked by Haley played directly into him fighting Erne, so yeah it's definitely a pride thing.

Reactions: BMC and Bergyesque

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
If the trade-off for wearing the bubble is your face/mouth area turning into Acciari's, I think I'd pass on that. When they interviewed him on the bench, all I could think was that it was the stuff of nightmares. Dude's grill is more messed up than Sloth's from Goonies.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
If the trade-off for wearing the bubble is your face/mouth area turning into Acciari's, I think I'd pass on that. When they interviewed him on the bench, all I could think was that it was the stuff of nightmares. Dude's grill is more messed up than Sloth's from Goonies.

...sorry I had to.

Reactions: Dr Hook and Alicat

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
With all the injuries, consistency in line pairings has been a season-long issue. Those D-Pairings, all due respect to Miller, but i go into playoffs with the lineup from last night.

IF Pasta comes back, I'd love love love to see him with Coyle. leave lines 1 and 2 as is. Talk about potential depth in scoring!!

Last night was like Game 7's vs Bolts and Canucks in 2011. Attacking, layered defense, winning puck battles. The Monday game in Tampa in a few weeks should be interesting.
I never thought of that, but yes Pasta with Coyle could give 3 dangerous scoring lines and maybe 4 if the new Merlot line keeps it up.

Reactions: BMC and lopey

Kazcram

May 13, 2012
Shakespeare Ontario

this is just wrong

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad