Post-Game Talk: GAME 64 B'S GROUND LIGHTNING!!!!! A message sent - BRUINS 4 Tampa Bay 1 FINAL

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
how does chara get a hearing but not that??
He didn't get a hearing but he did get a retroactive penalty so SJ wouldn't be angry the Bruins get a PP. Chara hit Kane north south but this hit on Kuraly felt more blindside to me.

I was shocked they didn't give it two minutes at least.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Coyle could but I have no interest in seeing Pasta on his wing, shift Heinen down once Pasta returns or put Johannson on that line

Someone posted an interesting stat the other day about Heinen on Bruins top line compared to Pastrnak.0.5 goals against per game avg compared to like 2.something.That is huge .

Reactions: Dabruins

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Pasta is a world Class superstar and he belongs on the first-line. Its the best line in Hockey !
The second line of Krejci centering Jake and MoJo has looked great and each passing day will build more and more chemistry, no need to tear it down.

Putting Heinen on the third line with Coyle makes that line that much stronger. Heinen is a cerebral player who can play with just about anyone and is very defensive responsible as is Coyle and whoever they decide to play on the right-side the Bruins will have four strong lines.

You finely find a winger who plays with Krecji and Jake and you want to separate it already and at the expense of breaking up arguably the best line in hockey:thumbd:

It may have made some sense if the second line wasn't clicking but that is far from the case.

Well, while the injury to Pastrnak sucks, his absence will continue to give the Bruins more time to get a legitimate look at how:

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Heinen
DeBrusk -- Krejci -- Johansson

produces as a Top 6. At the end of the day, Pastrnak will find his spot somewhere back in the Top 6. I just don't know if it will be on the 1st line. It has only been 11 games, but Marchand/Bergeron/Heinen have been a dominant line, specifically at the defensive end of the ice. However, they are still bringing it offensively.....Thus far, better than Pastrnak being there. You can make a case for any of Heinen/Johansson/DeBrusk finding their way onto the 3rd line and strengthening the depth there. Hell, there's already posters suggesting that Pastrnak starts on the 3rd line when he returns. Let's be honest, is Pastrnak going to be 100% when he comes back?

Bruins have options.... It's awesome. Lets not lose our minds if the Bruins decide to go away from stacking their Top Line with their three best players. They don't need to be glued to each other.

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme
To me, the biggest thing I took from the Bruins perspective was their positioning both from an individual level as well as a team for about 50 minutes was incredible. That first 10 minutes or so of the third was a bit dicey, but other than that they were always in a position to cover Tampa and shut them down. Keep that up over a 7 game series and I’ll take my chances...

Reactions: bbfan419

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Tampa since January 1st has continued their torrid pace but they have only gained ONE point on the Bruins.

upload_2019-3-1_17-37-56.png

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls
THIS ^^^ is exactly right. They haven't been tested in the same way as the Bruins. Sooner or later working thru adversity catches up in terms of pay-off. The B's are almost fully healthy and with Coyle and Joe Hanson (LOL) seem to be on a high. I hope that they can keep it contained and keep their foot on the gas without burning out. Last year the Bruins played pretty much the full season without their whole lineup, by the time the playoffs started their energy was waning. Once finished with Toronto and with the injuries to both Nash's the B's had no reserve in the gas tank. I hope at some point Bergy can be rested here and there. Maybe when Pasta comes back? In the long run a healthy Bergeron is probably the biggest thing besides light injuries and good energy that can catapult the team to 16 W's.

Don't forget too that the B's played literally every other night in March....with a make
up game tacked on as well....they were a pretty tired bunch by the time the playoffs started.

Reactions: Strafer

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
You can make a case for any of Heinen/Johansson/DeBrusk finding their way onto the 3rd line and strengthening the depth there. Hell, there's already posters suggesting that Pastrnak starts on the 3rd line when he returns. Let's be honest, is Pastrnak going to be 100% when he comes back?

Bruins have options.... It's awesome. Lets not lose our minds if the Bruins decide to go away from stacking their Top Line with their three best players. They don't need to be glued to each other.

It all comes down to Chemistry and Bergy /Pasta and Marchand have it, they proved it in a big way in last years playoffs where the checking intensifies double-fold and this year a like. Krejci with Jake and MoJo has showed it so far and the fourth line has it. Heinen, Coyle and Backes/Kuhlman/Cehlarik more than likely will fill out the third line.

The one nice thing with the depth of the Bruins, they have the luxury to wait and make sure Pasta is completely healthy, it would make no sense at all too bring him back prior to being 100% healthy even if it means sitting him out for the rest of the regular season.

Reactions: Strafer

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
It all comes down to Chemistry and Bergy /Pasta and Marchand have it, they proved it in a big way in last years playoffs where the checking intensifies double-fold and this year a like. Krejci with Jake and MoJo has showed it so far and the fourth line has it. Heinen, Coyle and Backes/Kuhlman/Cehlarik more than likely will fill out the third line.

The one nice thing with the depth of the Bruins, they have the luxury to wait and make sure Pasta is completely healthy, it would make no sense at all too bring him back prior to being 100% healthy even if it means sitting him out for the rest of the regular season.

Though the first line has been far more effective with Heinen then it was with Pasta.

Reactions: lopey

Knotty Moog

May 12, 2012
Los Angeles
I saw a photo on instagram or something of Mojo sitting on the board of the bench with a huge yelling smile on his face pounding Brad as he skated by after his goal yesterday.

Internet fans get way more worked up than the players do. Maybe its because half the people that post here have never played the game and experienced first hand how fast it is

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Pasta is a world Class superstar and he belongs on the first-line. Its the best line in Hockey !
The second line of Krejci centering Jake and MoJo has looked great and each passing day will build more and more chemistry, no need to tear it down.

Putting Heinen on the third line with Coyle makes that line that much stronger. Heinen is a cerebral player who can play with just about anyone and is very defensive responsible as is Coyle and whoever they decide to play on the right-side the Bruins will have four strong lines.

You finely find a winger who plays with Krecji and Jake and you want to separate it already and at the expense of breaking up arguably the best line in hockey:thumbd:

It may have made some sense if the second line wasn't clicking but that is far from the case.
I think Heinen and Coyle would work great together, just need someone other than Backes with them maybe Nordstrom/Cehlarik/Stempniak.

Reactions: TCB and FanSince72

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara

I agree with everything except how do you leave out Nordstrom. He is a fast fore checker, cost efficient, good PK guy that Cassidy values. Backes will lose his spot on the PP, now that they have Mojo. If anything Backes and Nordy may well be looking on the outside when Pasta comes back and if Cehlarik out performs those two, which could well happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbfan419 and TCB

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
Someone posted an interesting stat the other day about Heinen on Bruins top line compared to Pastrnak.0.5 goals against per game avg compared to like 2.something.That is huge .

I was going to post something like this. I love Pasta, great player, great kid, but he needs to manage the puck better as the next step in his development. As great as the line is offensively he was a direct cause of far too many scoring chances against this season. Heinen is no where near as offensively gifted but he already plays smarter, I would say then Pasta. I would put Pasta on the second line with Krejci and JD. Then go Mojo-Coyle-Backes as the third.

Knotty Moog

May 12, 2012
Los Angeles
I was going to post something like this. I love Pasta, great player, great kid, but he needs to manage the puck better as the next step in his development. As great as the line is offensively he was a direct cause of far too many scoring chances against this season. Heinen is no where near as offensively gifted but he already plays smarter, I would say then Pasta. I would put Pasta on the second line with Krejci and JD. Then go Mojo-Coyle-Backes as the third.

Top 2 lines of Bruins that were all groomed in the system.

Third line of “mercenary” talent with something to prove.

Best 4th line in hockey

I like it

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
They were too small and got pushed around by Tampa last year and you want to sit one of their most physical forwards for Nordstrom?

Heinen needs to go to the 3rd line with Pasta back with 63 and 37. Roll DeBrusk-Krecji-majo. Leave 4th line alone. Probably best chance to win in playoffs

This is probably right but the 63-37-43 line has the best gf% of any line in hockey over the last 10 games and is third best of any line that has taken 100 shots this year. 11 goals for, 1 against. If Mojo continues to produce with 46, I could see the logic of easing Pasta back in with Coyle at ES.

blue

Aug 14, 2005
Montreal
Tampa since January 1st has continued their torrid pace but they have only gained ONE point on the Bruins.

View attachment 194053

If the Bruin's didn't have the rash of significant injuries to key players in the first half of the season, I think the gap between Tampa and Boston would be much less. Bruin's may have been challenging for first overall as this did last year.

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
If the Bruin's didn't have the rash of significant injuries to key players in the first half of the season, I think the gap between Tampa and Boston would be much less. Bruin's may have been challenging for first overall as this did last year.
they probably lost a handful of games they would have won otherwise, but really, they played very well while missing the big names (9-6-1 without Bergeron and Chara)

if you take out the 16 games they played without 33+37, their record is 29-11-8 which is a .6875 win percentage, over all 64 games played so far that would put them at 88 points, so they only "lost" 4 points over that stretch, which is frankly pretty amazing

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad