GDT: Game 63: Panthers @ Avalanche 2/25 7:00pm Mountain / 3:00am Europe | FIVEALANCHE!

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
The fourth line was brutal tonight and everyone involved should sit for it. Except Andrighetto I guess, since he's still here.

Brassard was good. MacKinnon passing to Calvert of all people instead of shooting that puck should haunt him.
It was the right play Luongo played shot and was in position. MacK made a beautiful play that a crappy no hands grinder couldn't tap into an open net, sucks but that play is on Calvert.

Reactions: MacBradley

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
You would think that Bork is chasing the puck all game long without actually having a chance to possess it. At least Greer can create some chances and play the physical game. Bork literally does nothing. We already have Soda, Landy, Compher and really liked Agozzino in SH. So why do we keep Bork? Better question would be why do we change our line up like that when we've had 4 wins streak? Sometimes I seriously don't get the management.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
It was the right play Luongo played shot and was in position. MacK made a beautiful play that a crappy no hands grinder couldn't tap into an open net, sucks but that play is on Calvert.
Come on, the pass was in his skates. Maybe a more gifted offensive player makes that play, but let's not pretend it was sitting there on a tee for him

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
Tap? It is hard when you get the pass right to your skates. It was a good idea but bad execution by Mack. He also lost us the overtime so go Mack! :thumbd:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Tap? It is hard when you get the pass right to your skates. It was a good idea but bad execution by Mack. He also lost us the overtime so go Mack! :thumbd:

Yeah MacK should have shot that. Lou was way out of the net and MacK had half the net to look at, but kept his head down and flipped it back.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Still mind boggling that we win 4 in a row and then remove two guys who played well during that stretch to put in two plugs who haven't done **** for the team all season. Just a joke of decision.

Get those two guys back and shoot Dries and Bourque to the moon please. You want to know why we lost its because we had to shorten the bench because those two idiots couldn't be trusted at all in the 3rd, which put extra minutes on everyone else. Just bad.

Yes, it was incredibly stupid. I look forward to him not answering for it in the presser here in a few minutes

Over the Pants Landy

Feb 19, 2013
CT
Tough loss, but will take a point. Varly wasn’t great tonight but he made some massive saves that kept us from losing this one in regulation.

Point streak alive and giving a point away to FLA won’t bury us. Continue to beat the teams in the hunt and they’ll be fine.

crue7

Jul 30, 2011
Mississauga, Ontario
Pork and Fries doing absolute dick all besides giving possession to a crap team like the Panthers literally says it all for their shitty fast food adventure. No happy meals being handed out here from me. Screw you Beds for not practicing 3 on 3, and screw you for putting those two goofs back in the lineup. Not even the hamburglar could save our playoff run last year. What did you expect for this craptastic side order of bullshit?

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Yeah let's blame the guy who arguably was the best player on the ice all night. I know he didn't score but he was easily our best player all night. He was all over the place could have easily had 2-3 pts had Luongo not stood on his head every time MacK had the puck.

It wasn't a perfect pass, but it was good enough, I'd say if it was anyone but maybe Calvert, Dries or Bourque we win 4-3. Not to mention the blown chance he had earlier. Hands weren't his friend tonight.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Trade Duchene and MacGinnon gets to be the man and takes off...

Jost gets hot and MacGinnon pouts and stops scoring.

Coincidence? Or locker room cancer?

Reactions: MacBradley

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm not gonna blame MacKinnon on that drop pass. He had three defenders watching him, and while Luongo wasn't in perfect position to play the shot, fact of the matter is Calvert needs to realize he could get a pass in that instant, and be ready for it.

Matt Calvert was not ready for it, and that is infuriating.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I'm not gonna blame MacKinnon on that drop pass. He had three defenders watching him, and while Luongo wasn't in perfect position to play the shot, fact of the matter is Calvert needs to realize he could get a pass in that instant, and be ready for it.

Matt Calvert was not ready for it, and that is infuriating.

Yeah but it is another example of MacK being too f***ing cute as well.

Reactions: klozge

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
If we all want to play the blame game you have to look back at that play where Calvert gave jost a perfect feed on the doorstep and he shot it straight sideways under luongo instead of into the wide open net from point blank. o_O

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad