GDT: Game 63: Panthers @ Avalanche 2/25 7:00pm Mountain / 3:00am Europe | FIVEALANCHE!

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Go watch the f***ing replay on the MacK drop pass, Luongo had the net covered. The only shot would have been top corner if he hits it. He read the play beautifully, unfortunately a crappy grinder came barreling in not ready to receive a pass and couldn't take a passes that was just slightly off and fumbled a great chance.

MacK shoots, Lu makes the save and everyone bitches and says he had a guy open in the slot. He was going to get called out either way.

Hornstar

Feb 3, 2018
At least jost is looking better. He had a good game. Barrie is the one who I'm worried about. Been playing like he's scared to hold the puck for more than a fraction of a second. We need him to play like he can

Reactions: MacBradley

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Go watch the ****ing replay on the MacK drop pass, Luongo had the net covered. The only shot would have been top corner if he hits it. He read the play beautifully, unfortunately a crappy grinder came barreling in not ready to receive a pass and couldn't take a passes that was just slightly off and fumbled a great chance.

MacK shoots, Lu makes the save and everyone *****es and says he had a guy open in the slot. He was going to get called out either way.

That is not what I seen on the replay. Lou was set in the middle and far out of the net. If MacK had his head up he would of been looking at three feet of net.

tbassler

Jul 22, 2009
Best trade of the day though is Conor McGahey for Marc Moser.

I came here just to say this. I heard Moser once on the radio years ago. "M-M-M-Matt Duchene!!!!!!!" annoying as heck. I wondered how much he would change for TV. Not enough.

I copied your post and sent it to Altitude TV comments. Probably won't make a difference but it made me feel better.

Contact Us - Altitude Sports

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Not sure if there there is anybody who played poorly, but man oh man you can't let a team as bad as the Panthers are come back into the game so many freakin' times. Jeez that was frustrating.

Varly didn't play too bad, but every single goal he got a piece of and it went in the net. That and two 5-hole goals is completely unacceptable in a game.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Yeah but it is another example of MacK being too ****ing cute as well.
I don't classify that as being too cute. He drew three defenders to him, and dropped it perfectly to Calvert.

Calvert could have skated that into the back of the net given how the Panthers played MacKinnon and where Luongo would have been on the ice. All he had to do was pay more attention.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Other than a couple of bad stretches, including the terrible one at the end of the second period, Avs were pretty good once again.

Went from winning four straight to being unbeaten in the last five. Onto the next one. :naughty:

Reactions: SuperJoe and Avs71

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Not sure what's going on with Barrie but another pretty terrible showing from him where he's constantly out of position defencively. Graves did not have a good game either, but he redeemed himself with the go-ahead-goal before Panthes retied it.

I'm not gonna blame MacKinnon on that drop pass. He had three defenders watching him, and while Luongo wasn't in perfect position to play the shot, fact of the matter is Calvert needs to realize he could get a pass in that instant, and be ready for it.

Matt Calvert was not ready for it, and that is infuriating.
Calvert overplays an insane amount of pucks, but I hope you're not blaming him here because that would be stupid. 99% of the rest of the team would believe that MacKinnon takes the shot there; your best player in a prime scoring chance is a no brainer. I am not blaming it on MacKinnon either because that was a good play on his part. Just unfortunate all around, I blame that loss more on Varlamov than Calvert or Mack.

Avspatti13

Oct 22, 2018
I came here just to say this. I heard Moser once on the radio years ago. "M-M-M-Matt Duchene!!!!!!!" annoying as heck. I wondered how much he would change for TV. Not enough.

I copied your post and sent it to Altitude TV comments. Probably won't make a difference but it made me feel better.

Contact Us - Altitude Sports
I have been trying to analyze why I cannot stand to listen to Moser. It is party due to his vocal delivery sounding like a machine gun. So NOT smooth. An assault on my ears.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I honestly wanna just ****ing smash things. Game tied to zebras swallow their whistles. Miss the most obvious interference in the dying seconds because the game is tied. ****ing game management **** is ridiculous. How are these absolute morons not able to receive any sort of criticism?

How does Varly not stop that weak ass shot and how does mack just let him shoot? Like it's absolutely unbelievable this team. They literally FIND ways to lose
Great point, you call the ****ing interference on Zadorov, but not the obvious effin' one on Rantanen? That's bullcrap to maximum overdrive level.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Not sure what's going on with Barrie but another pretty terrible showing from him where he's constantly out of position defencively. Graves did not have a good game either, but he redeemed himself with the go-ahead-goal before Panthes retied it.

Calvert overplays an insane amount of pucks, but I hope you're not blaming him here because that would be stupid. 99% of the rest of the team would believe that MacKinnon takes the shot there; your best player in a prime scoring chance is a no brainer. I am not blaming it on MacKinnon either because that was a good play on his part. Just unfortunate all around, I blame that loss more on Varlamov than Calvert or Mack.

Just a frustrating game in general.

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
Yeah let's blame the guy who arguably was the best player on the ice all night. I know he didn't score but he was easily our best player all night. He was all over the place could have easily had 2-3 pts had Luongo not stood on his head every time MacK had the puck.

It wasn't a perfect pass, but it was good enough, I'd say if it was anyone but maybe Calvert, Dries or Bourque we win 4-3. Not to mention the blown chance he had earlier. Hands weren't his friend tonight.
:facepalm:
Yes we blame the guy who cost us the point. And his name is Nathan Mackinnon.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Honestly I don't feel like we played badly. It was just one of those games where we just couldn't put them away.

I wasn't particularly mad at anyone outside of Bourque and Dries. Thought Barrie was kind of crappy and lackidasical, but that's nothing new. Thought the refs were average, made a terrible call Z to change the momentum. It was only a bad call due to the fact they were letting worse things go on the Panthers.

Varly was ok, didn't love his game but wasn't hideous either. I'd probably roll with Grubauer on Wednesday to see if he can build some momentum.

Brassard had a nice showing 9/12 on faceoffs, and showed what is like to have depth players that can actually make smart plays and go to the right places and contribute offensively.

Even Kerfoot looked decent on the top line, probably should have had a nice assist if Rantanen could actually move his feet a bit and tap in that nice play.

But realistically I'm not that mad, effort was fine. Unfortunately they crapped the bed in OT again. Sometimes the other team gets some better breaks than you. They got two goals that trickled in after Varly got big pieces of them. We had one go through Luongos legs and somehow trickled by the post and another go parallel to the goal line get kicked out then we shoot it off the outside of the net.

Just one of those nights take your point, move on and play hard on Wednesday. Hopefully without Bourque and Dries.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Yeah let's blame the guy who arguably was the best player on the ice all night. I know he didn't score but he was easily our best player all night. He was all over the place could have easily had 2-3 pts had Luongo not stood on his head every time MacK had the puck.

It wasn't a perfect pass, but it was good enough, I'd say if it was anyone but maybe Calvert, Dries or Bourque we win 4-3. Not to mention the blown chance he had earlier. Hands weren't his friend tonight.
He's just a troll, best to ignore.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
:facepalm:
Yes we blame the guy who cost us the point. And his name is Nathan Mackinnon.
Oh you mean Varly and his leaky pad in OT. Even if MacKs defense was average, Varly had to make that save it was weak shot. Girard's shot on the other end was 10x better and Lu came up with that. Blame on the OT goal is very easily on Varly.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm not blaming the loss on Calvert, but I am blaming that missed opportunity on Calvert. He has to be more aware on the ice. Why the **** are you even joining the play if you're not ready for anything?

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
- Like what Brassard brought, looked like he had a lot in the tank, but it is one game.
- Thought that was the best game Kerfoot has had in a long time.
- Jost and Sodaberg both had strong games
- Our D-core didn’t look great, although I thought Nemeth looked better than usual and Girard had a good game.
- Varly let in some pretty soft goals, hopefully he can bounce back.

Next game I would really like to see lines of:
Kerfoot-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Landeskog-Jost-Brassard
Nieto*-Sodaberg-Compher
Greer-Toninato-Calvert

*assuming he’s good to go again.

I honestly don’t mind a bottom six of:
Nieto-Sodaberg-Compher
Wilson-Toninato-Calvert
once Wilson and Nieto are healthy again.

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
Oh you mean Varly and his leaky pad in OT. Even if MacKs defense was average, Varly had to make that save it was weak shot. Girard's shot on the other end was 10x better and Lu came up with that. Blame on the OT goal is very easily on Varly.
I think it's time to change your Nate the Great sheets:laugh:

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
I haven't been able to watch all of the last few games, but why so many lineup changes when they are winning? Splitting up the big 3 was working, why did they get back together so much? Why send Greer down? (unless that is just an AHL playoff move thing) I get Nieto is hurt, but doesn't make sense. We were getting the most out of Andrighetto with Mackinnon, not sure why that changed either

When Wilson's healthy, I hope they role with:

Jost - Mackinnon - Andrighetto
Landeskog - Brassard - Compher
Calvert - Soderberg - Rantanen
Wilson - Kerfoot - Greer

and keep Ghetto on a short leash

Reactions: avsfan09

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad