GDT: Game 63: Panthers @ Avalanche 2/25 7:00pm Mountain / 3:00am Europe | FIVEALANCHE!

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I believe you only get 4 post-deadline call ups so we probably won’t see them for a while

Yup... 4 normal call ups are allowed. There are unlimited emergency call-ups, but a team has to be needing that player to play in the next game or be a backup goalie for that to apply (and have to be sent down when the all-clear is given). The Eagles are probably going to miss out on the playoffs, so if the Avs do end up making they playoffs they can probably make mass call ups after April 13th.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Did Z get hurt last night? I saw some tweets saying his missed the last part of the game.

Z took a hard hit next to the Florida bench in the second period (perhaps last first?) and immediately hunched over and skated slowly to the bench. He came out for his next shift, but he appeared to be in some real discomfort on the bench immediately after the hit.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Z took a hard hit next to the Florida bench in the second period (perhaps last first?) and immediately hunched over and skated slowly to the bench. He came out for his next shift, but he appeared to be in some real discomfort on the bench immediately after the hit.

Would UMass understand if we just signed Makar now :sarcasm:

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I have to give the Avs credit for how they played in the tie game. Still the 4th line blew all night.

Reactions: klozge

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
Even though they got a point, I gotta think a regulation loss may have been easier on this team mentally. The OT futility, unless caused by some authentic not-of-the-material-world bad hoodoo, points to something the team is collectively struggling with mentally, and that's related to the slide they've been on. I think they need a run like the one from last year or better to save this season. The four game winning streak seemed like it could be the start of that, but the continued almost comical futility in OT threatens to derail it. It's about more than points at this point. They don't need to 10 game winning streak to get back in the playoff picture points wise, they need it to wash the stench off the slide, and there's probably been nothing more indicative of the teams recent struggles than their OT futility.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
We are not bad our Goaltending is bad just some information.

We have won like five out of our last 6 or something like that.
Apology, but I didn't mean that as a disrespect to your team. There isn't any easily games anymore in the NHL except if you get to play this version of the Sens. However, your team isn't really in the playoff picture and Avs have got to be winning these type of games. I understand more about us beating the Panthers and losing to the Sharks than the other way around.

Reactions: FLpanthers16

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Another good 55 minute or so performance.

Avs just overpassed and couldn't bury their chances all night. Kerfoot makes a great move and then sends a pass that gets deflected away from Mikko. Nate makes a great move and then sends a pass between Calvert's legs. Calvert misses a half wide open net from a few feet away. They have got to start burying these grade A chances. That's what good teams do.

Varly had three shots get deflected but that OT goal was a squeaker he should have had. This team just cannot win in OT it's unbelievable. If it's not one thing it's another.

I totally get why Bednar wants a shutdown line with Landy and Soda, and they've always had good chemistry, but that Landy-Jost line is working. I wish he'd go back to it. He even scored his goal in this game in between line changes with Landy out there.

Three goals and five points in five games by Jost. They should keep riding him while he's hot. Soda was doing great on his own and they could really use some reliable secondary scoring. I'm not sure Brassard is a great fit for Jost's wing, I think I'd like to see him with Nate instead of Kerfoot.

Brassard - MacK - Mikko
Landy - Jost - Calvert
Greer - Soda - JTC
Bourque - Kerfoot - Ghetto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad