GDT: Game 62: Avs @ Preds|2/23 3:30pm MT|Please don't screw this up Grubauer

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Grubi had a fairly easy game and Kerfoot was pretty bad most of the game. So - coming from a guy who watches games and not only stats - yes and yes.
Edit: Just to make sure you don't give me Grubi crap... I'm German and I know this goalie much better than you do. He's not an NHL goalie.
I’m not sure there’s a bigger hot take in the last few weeks.

A career 918 is not an NHL goalie...

I don’t care if he’s your relative, that’s just nonsense.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
I am not just drunk. I am feeding my maw drunk. Nice job, guys. I had this as a loss. To see it as a dominant win is awesome.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Guys I cant believe we won tonight.

Also even though SOG suggests Grubs stole this one.... we were up 3-0 after 2 periods in a close game. Nashville dominated the 3rd but the Avs didn't need to dominate to win we just had to be good defensively.

This was a very strong road win on the 2nd night of a B2B against a cup contender.

We are most certainly back boys. Enjoy these few days off. Let's hunt down the Blues when the deadline passes over.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I am waiting for Chet to write a review of this game. So what do you think Chet? Are we good enough of a team?
Lol Grubauer plays one good game, and you want me to say everything is perfect? This team still has major difficiencies, there is no denying that fact. You don't go on a two month shit show without having major problems. These problems still exist, a four game winning streak doesn't change this.

That all being said the effort level and workpail mentality has been very evident the past 5-7 games. They've gone back to just playing hockey. Working hard can cover up some of these issues.

Good goaltending, which we've been getting also covers up the issues and both guys have come in a given good efforts. I'm glad to see they finally decided they need to play better. Because they were both trash.

Am I'm excited that we are playing a better brand of hockey lately. You bet, I like when my team gets wins. Who doesn't like winning. And who doesn't like beating some top teams. But let's not sit here and pretend that there aren't issues with the current makeup of the team. I mean the only reason we are even in the playoff chase, is due to the fact that many other teams shit the bed as well.

I want this team to be consistent Cup contenders not, scraping to even make the playoffs. To reach this goal lots of things will need to change. The current makeup of this team is borderline playoff team and that's only when they bring their blue collar workpail attitude that they've played with the past 5-7 games. They don't bring that attitude we get what we got for the prior two months.

Reactions: AvsMakar08

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Huge win, the West is weak this year, looking at the teams vying for the last wildcard spot there's no reason we don't make it.

I'd be a bit more concerned about the Mild but the moves Fenton did basically said "guys, we aren't competing this year and don't care about playoffs".

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Huge win, the West is weak this year, looking at the teams vying for the last wildcard spot there's no reason we don't make it.

I'd be a bit more concerned about the Mild but the moves Fenton did basically said "guys, we aren't competing this year and don't care about playoffs".
Both spots are open after today

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Soooooooo nice to see Mac's confidence in his one timer back. The stop the pass, stick handle, then shoot high and wide and hope Barrie can get to the wall before its a free clear for the PK needed to stop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad