Post-Game Talk: GAME 60 - HAIL LINUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRUINS 4 Flames 3 F

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I certainly am. Ullmark is having an other worldly season just like Thomas did.
If hockey history has taught us anything, it’s that GOALTENDING makes all the difference nine out of ten times. Either by shutting down a powerful offense, or saving the day when you’re having an off night.

We’ve been on both sides of it. Ullmark is the real deal.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
*runs around the forum high fiving everyone and spends an hour looking up different adjectives to describe this stupid ridiculous crazy team*

20200201_151123.gif

VICTORY COOKIES!!!!

Triple-Chocolate-Cookies-SpendWithPennies-21-500x500.jpg

*David Coyle went to bed with score 2-0 thinking this game was in the bag. Apparently not*

So Linus basically stole this game and strengthened his grip on the Vezina to a choke hold. He really is having a season for the ages and he's such a great guy too.

Orlov- guy can do it all on D. Maybe coming to Boston gave him a new lease on life, he's been nothing less than awesome.

I haven't seen a clip of Uncle Nick's injury, I really hope it is something that rest/therapy can fix, he's had such a great comeback season & I would hate to see him miss the playoffs.

Pavel Zacha has really grown on me too, he's put together a great point streak and is overall playing very well. I'm glad he's going to be a Bruin for awhile.

On to the Rangers Saturday....

If hockey history has taught us anything, it’s that GOALTENDING makes all the difference nine out of ten times. Either by shutting down a powerful offense, or saving the day when you’re having an off night.

We’ve been on both sides of it. Ullmark is the real deal.

And we have him and they don't. :razz:

Reactions: rfournier103

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
One of the most lopsided games I've ever seen from a on-ice play perspective. At one point Calgary had a 4:1 ratio for shots on goal (it was like 32 to 7 at the time).

One of the worst performances by a Bruins team that I can recall in the past 10 years. They couldn't get anything going.

One of the best goaltending performances ever by a Bruins goalie. A few days after scoring a goal and honestly I think Ullmark outdid that last night. Calgary should of had 8-9 goals last night if not for Linus.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
One of the most lopsided games I've ever seen from a on-ice play perspective. At one point Calgary had a 4:1 ratio for shots on goal (it was like 32 to 7 at the time).

One of the worst performances by a Bruins team that I can recall in the past 10 years. They couldn't get anything going.

One of the best goaltending performances ever by a Bruins goalie. A few days after scoring a goal and honestly I think Ullmark outdid that last night. Calgary should of had 8-9 goals last night if not for Linus.

Probably shouldn't be sitting Carlo anymore.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Go compare Linus's numbers to the season Brodeur had, and the one Hasek had. Their "big" seasons.

It's nearly identical, minus the shutouts.

But Linus is doing it:

-Outside of the dead puck era
-No trapazoid in the 90's
-With smaller pads
-When power plays are waaaay up from the 90's. In the 90's, 15 teams had worse PP's than the very worst one of this year. In the 90's the top PP's were like 20%. Now you have a dozen teams better than the top ones from the 90's.

So in that context, what Linus is doing is insane. Just insane.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Honestly never thought I'd ever again see a goalie season as special as Timmy's during the Cup year. Still a playoffs to go, but Ullmark is right there in the running. What makes his season so special other than the insane stats and goal he scored is the sheer amount of highlight saves from high danger area shots. He has been on Timmy's level in that regard. Last night's game was a true example of a goalie stealing a game. Still in disbelief they were able to pull that win out.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Probably shouldn't be sitting Carlo anymore.

I get Monty trying to be fair to the guys still here while incorporating the guy his GM just brought in, but if we assume McAvoy and Lindholm won't be rotating in-and-out, Carlo should also be given the same treatment.

Clifton sat the Vancouver game, Gryz sat vs. Edmonton, and Carlo last night. Will be interesting to see if Forbort is scratched the next game to complete the rotation.

SonnyBoy

Jan 25, 2022
So can we finally put the “bring back Lucic” debate to rest?
Well no. If we lost Foligno we need more toughness for our team. And anyway he was much better than pastrnak in this game. But anyone was so...

Pasta barely made the trip, what is up with him??!
His shit attitude and that he thinks he can actually do something else than shoot from same place. He kills almost every attack because he won't pass the puck.

• Haha
Reactions: bruinsfan1968

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I get Monty trying to be fair to the guys still here while incorporating the guy his GM just brought in, but if we assume McAvoy and Lindholm won't be rotating in-and-out, Carlo should also be given the same treatment.

Clifton sat the Vancouver game, Gryz sat vs. Edmonton, and Carlo last night. Will be interesting to see if Forbort is scratched the next game to complete the rotation.
Unless and until Jim Montgomery makes some colossal coaching blunder, I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt. I’m very comfortable rotating the defensemen. Keep some of the legs fresh. I don’t have the link handy, but I’ve read that Montgomery talks to Scotty Bowman* weekly to pick his brain. So, I know he’s getting good advice. If the Bruins win the Cup this season, I’d be okay with Bowman getting a ring as compensation for tutoring Montgomery.

*For those of you who might be too young to know, Scotty Bowman is arguably the best coach of all time in any sport. FOURTEEN (14) time Stanley Cup champion as a coach or advisor with Montreal; Pittsburgh; Detroit; and Chicago.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Unless and until Jim Montgomery makes some colossal coaching blunder, I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt. I’m very comfortable rotating the defensemen. Keep some of the legs fresh. I don’t have the link handy, but I’ve read that Montgomery talks to Scotty Bowman* weekly to pick his brain. So, I know he’s getting good advice. If the Bruins win the Cup this season, I’d be okay with Bowman getting a ring as compensation for tutoring Montgomery.

*For those of you who might be too young to know, Scotty Bowman is arguably the best coach of all time in any sport. FOURTEEN (14) time Stanley Cup champion as a coach or advisor with Montreal; Pittsburgh; Detroit; and Chicago.
..and we don't know if some of them have some minor injuries and the rest will actually do them good with such a brutal schedule. We never know the whole story.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Just my opinion but as the games tighten and into the playoffs I do not like the Gryz/McAvoy combo
Good to see Carlo get a night off but he will be right back in there next game

Bs1011

May 27, 2019
Well no. If we lost Foligno we need more toughness for our team. And anyway he was much better than pastrnak in this game. But anyone was so...

His shit attitude and that he thinks he can actually do something else than shoot from same place. He kills almost every attack because he won't pass the puck.
Most goals assists and points on the team +27. The guy is in a little funk give a rest already. He’s going to be the first Bruin to score 50 since Neely. You know we’ve had a bunch of those players over the years let’s get rid of him and get two players making 6 million or so that won’t get 50 goals combined. The nitpicking on his play is insane. :rolleyes:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad