GDT: Game 60: Arizona at Ottawa | 5:30 PM AZ Time | Intimidate with SPEED

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Oesterle murdered Brady and Boro just boarded/interfered with Fischer. These refs suck.

justin323032

Oct 12, 2018
Tocchet's idea of thinking outside the box is to stack all 3 losers on one line and then break up the one line that has consistently worked. After going down 2 to one of the worst teams in the league.

Leave him in Ottawa.

Hall likes him, he's safe for now regardless of performance.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Tocchet's idea of thinking outside the box is to stack all 3 losers on one line and then break up the one line that has consistently worked. After going down 2 to one of the worst teams in the league.

Leave him in Ottawa.

Thought you liked Keller? Oh well. I liked Kessel hopefully they both turn.

That line is 19.8m annually. Would have been better to sign 2 Halls and me. Yes, me. I would play for free, 2 Halls and me would still be a good line (at least better than Kessel Keller and Schmaltz)

Lawson of Anarchy

I'm kind of embarrassed
Oct 9, 2016
London
Hall is playing like crap. He must be injured. We need to trade him or sit him. Tocc is an idiot for not seeing this.
This seems to be the reverse jinx night...

Reactions: Surfshop

technoviking

Whatever's Clever
Aug 14, 2013
Scottsdale

That line is 19.8m annually. Would have been better to sign 2 Halls and me. Yes, me. I would play for free, 2 Halls and me would still be a good line (at least better than Kessel Keller and Schmaltz)
Set it up, mate

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Keller and Schmaltz looked amazing together early on. Then Tocc put Soderberg there and suddenly all 3 forgot how to hockey for about a month.

Domi went through the same thing. Way too early to cut bait. Especially when the coach is one of the worst in the league 5v5.

Reactions: Jakey53

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona

Leave him in Ottawa.

I like Hino as a player but let's face it, he's JAG. At least Garland shoots a lot and gets them to the net. Not saying he's a star but that line has worked. At this point in the game, a good coach realizes his changes aren't working and puts his best scoring line back together to go for the tie.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Keller and Schmaltz looked amazing together early on. Then Tocc put Soderberg there and suddenly all 3 forgot how to hockey for about a month.

Kind of like how Kessel stopped scoring when he was with Soda too right? Except he's been with Soda or Stepan for most of the year except the past few games (hopefully the Keller / Kessel / Schmaltz line gets it going and we'll all be happy). Old arguments die hard ;)

In all seriousness have had some time to think about this during 3am diaper changes. I think a big reason that our offense is so bad is that our centers are bad, maybe the worst in the league, certainly not the level of most playoff teams. Nothing against DVo but no way he should be a 1st line center in this league.

You have good centers and your wingers have ppl to pass to and help with offensive plays. Hayton can't come soon enough, we probably should've kept Strome

Reactions: RemoAZ

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
you know what else? Tocc never doubleshifts anyone. rn Hall/ DVo / Garland should have been playing every other shift for the past 10 mins

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Kind of like how Kessel stopped scoring when he was with Soda too right? Except he's been with Soda or Stepan for most of the year except the past few games (hopefully the Keller / Kessel / Schmaltz line gets it going and we'll all be happy). Old arguments die hard ;)

Kessel has played with everyone on the team in all situations (and force fed PP time) and has done nothing with it. You don't seem willing to acknowledge that he's a complete train wreck defensively which is why he cannot play vs the top competition and defenders. He hasn't earned a higher spot AND the opportunity cost is simply too great. That's how you end up spending most of the year on the 3rd line despite your coach being your biggest fanboy.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I say see what Hayton can do with Schmaltz and Keller, get Kessel back with Stepan and Crouse where he at least looked decent at times and put Garland back on the top line. Do whatever with the 4th.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Great example of poor game management. Coyotes had deep possession and Tocchet waited another 20 seconds to pull Raanta. Commit or f*** off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad