GDT: Game 60: Arizona at Ottawa | 5:30 PM AZ Time | Intimidate with SPEED

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
What would it take to make Schmaltz go to the net aggressively for a shot instead of skating around the outside? Guy has talent but is so damn passive. The three softest guys on the roster playing together isn't a good look either. The "Money for Nothin" line. I've been listening to the 80s station.
Why is Schmaltz playing C? This has happened before and we know how long that lasted.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Gogo I think has been quite consistent this year, and I mean that in a good way, but man, when he makes a mistake they are big one's.
Goose has been our best all around D this year. OEL has been off and Chych has more goals but makes more mistakes.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Goose has been our best all around D this year. OEL has been off and Chych has more goals but makes more mistakes.
I think you and I were going around about this in the Roster thread last week, I'd continue to argue that Demers has likely been our best D, when he's been available. Unspectacular but consistently steady in the Coyotes end, which has become his calling card as a career. I'd argue OEL is a close second, having regressed while taking constant heat for seemingly not playing to the level of the foundational #1 D he projected to become a couple seasons ago. His current baseline is still that of a solid NHL defenseman, however. Hammer slots in there somewhere although he hasn't seemed quite as rock steady since his return.

All my opinion, of course, and as I stated in that thread I'm willing to accept we see things differently.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Ok, you said it, some may agree, some will not, but if Gogo is even in the conversation as our best D, there in lies the problem. Like I said many times before, our D is average at best, not top 5 is what I think you said.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'm fairly certain @XX was parodying Morgan, rather than that being an actual quote. In case that wasn't clear.
It wasn't only that quote, it has been quotes over the years. XX always makes his posts sound as actual not assumptions.;)

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
All good.

I'm sorry we didn't help you guys make the playoffs . You guys deserve to be in he dance

Honestly, though? Given our franchise history, this victory against us will probably be the thing that puts you into the proper spot to win the lottery and get Lafreniere. So, you're welcome!

Reactions: RemoAZ and DJB

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
So, Kessel. Kessel has an 8-team trade list, of which Yotes obviously was one.

So that leaves 7 teams. Who are on that list? The good Metro-teams? And a few teams he knew would never want him?

I sure hope Chayka is looking into this. Even if we are talking dump with bribes now, I sure hope he is looking into it.

The big fear is he already knows none of those teams will accept Kessel, even with a bribe. Next year Kessel will make a new 8-team list, but if that means he puts the Pens back on it, that's not gonna do any good.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Ok, you said it, some may agree, some will not, but if Gogo is even in the conversation as our best D, there in lies the problem. Like I said many times before, our D is average at best, not top 5 is what I think you said.
Our team D the first 25 games was top 10 for sure. Goose is playing better this year than I would have expected. I said all around D because of his points, not best D on D. Hammer was out for a long time, Demers has been out a few times, OEl is way under performing, Chych has been a great goal scorer but has more lapses on D than Goose for sure. Boosh/Osterle both being in the line up has been a problem.

It is a team D problem right now, forwards are a major part of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad