GDT: Game #6 | Pittsburgh Penguins vs New York Islanders | Part 2 | Just Awful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Roberts

Have you seen my father?
Oct 23, 2009
On the bright side, there was a player only meeting during the Ranger game. When those start happening, the coach's lifespan is generally not that long.

It would seem that the result of the players only meeting was "Let's win this game, and then we'll all start modeling our game after Paul Martin."

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I think it'd be more than a few games. If this goes on through March then we could see a trade. Look at how long they waited to put in Bylsma. Shero will likely wait until the last minute, then make a move. It'll probably be in house, promoting Tony Granato, and little will likely change with the exception of temporary increase in urgency.

That's hypothetical though. A lot could happen in the next few weeks.
can't wait to see that happens:yo:

Ian Altenbaugh

May 24, 2008
Pittsburgh
sucks to have missed Randy Carlyle by a matter of months. he was hired last March, about the same time DB started to loose control of this team.

If Randy Carlyle was coach he'd be playing Engo or Lovejoy 30 minutes a game. Look what he's doing in Toronto with that d. You want to talk about frustrated fanbases...there was a huge article about Carlyle and his questionable managing of icetime on TSN today.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I think it'd be more than a few games. If this goes on through March then we could see a trade. Look at how long they waited to put in Bylsma. Shero will likely wait until the last minute, then make a move. It'll probably be in house, promoting Tony Granato, and little will likely change with the exception of temporary increase in urgency.

That's hypothetical though. A lot could happen in the next few weeks.

In a shortened season, I give DB a month tops. Shero should be feeling pressure to go deep this postseason.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
I've seen him look this way before but he always eventually snaps out of it. I'm rather disappointed in him, though. After the lockout ended I read tons of stories about how much he was looking forward to playing and blah blah blah. He doesn't look like he wants it out there at all.

Maybe he's just playing tentative because of his concussion. He does look a little leary sometimes of battling in the corners. If he's worried about getting hurt he's never going to be the same player.

Yeah I guess it's not the injury because he didn't look that way (as much at least) when he came back. He doesn't even come close to mixin it up even. I miss his grinch face.

sexyllama

May 18, 2010
You'd think they would at least try and get fired up for their next game at this point. Don't leave with pure stink in your mind. Which looks like the outcome now. There's no pride.

I heard they can't start a fight until they complete a pass...

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Steigerwald watches this game and somehow comes to the conclusion that the appropriate thing to say in the third period is "lolislanders"

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Don't call it a comeback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Well first of all, take a breath. They suck right now but this is way too big picture for what's going on here.

Second, I'm a little worried/perturbed by Crosby. He just looks 'meh' attitude-wise this year. Even when he scores. Just not feelin Crosby so far this season.
I think it's the situation around him. During the start of this game, he came out flying...he was gaining the neutral zone with speed and giving it to his wingers in space. The wingers flub the play pretty much every time, the Pens start sucking, and he gets discouraged. He was fantastic to start the game, but the game got away from the Penguins and it affected his play. That's happened a few times already.

Such ******** that Sid still doesn't have players that he can even play a simple give and go with. Here you have the best talent the league has seen since Lemieux, and his prime athletic years have been squandered by a combination of no talent surrounding him, injuries and largely mediocre coaching. I don't even know why I care anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad