Post-Game Talk: GAME 6 - Pasta goes duck hunting - Pasta 4 Anaheim 2 F

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Couple of things that happened during the game

1 when the Ducks scored that second goal the water bottle orange cap went up over the glass and because of the netting it fell into my friends kids lap.

Halak goes to get a drink and no top ? He’s confused looking and looks at us - I tap on the glass and point to it and you can see his eyes get wide like ‘what the bleep’ the linesman comes over and starts laughing and after next break gets him a new bottle. very bizarre

2. Late in the second period I mention to my kid ‘I hope Pasta gets a hat trick’. Well, not cool apparently. I was told he won’t now because I jinxed him. I said I don’t believe in jinxes (curses) only karma and the Law of Expectancy - and I’m expecting a hat trick. She gave me a smile when he scored.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If you slow down the tape i think Wagner gets in a two handed shove/shot to Getzlafs chin under the refs arms and Getlafs returns with a punch over the refs arms as Wagner let his guard down. I blame the ref more than anyone
Getzlaf came in to this with arms flailing keeping one eye out he doesn’t get near Chara

The six 11 year old girls I was sitting with hysterically noted this

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
So no Bruin has ever scored 5 goals in a game,Pastrnak has 4 goals in today's game and with 4 mins,Ducks pull their goalie.

And Pastrnak doesn't even get on the ice for 1 sec...........WTF kind of a screwup is that?
I dunno he already had 4... my guess is Bruce didn’t know it be a record. We wouldn’t have if Jack didn’t bring it up.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Couple of things that happened during the game

1 when the Ducks scored that second goal the water bottle orange cap went up over the glass and because of the netting it fell into my friends kids lap.

Halak goes to get a drink and no top ? He’s confused looking and looks at us - I tap on the glass and point to it and you can see his eyes get wide like ‘what the bleep’ the linesman comes over and starts laughing and after next break gets him a new bottle. very bizarre

2. Late in the second period I mention to my kid ‘I hope Pasta gets a hat trick’. Well, not cool apparently. I was told he won’t now because I jinxed him. I said I don’t believe in jinxes (curses) only karma and the Law of Expectancy - and I’m expecting a hat trick. She gave me a smile when he scored.

Mystery solved

Reactions: Blowfish and DKH

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
What's Getzlaf care if he throws a punch at a bruin anyway. All these mandatory games vs teams the Bruins dont have rivaliries with and barely face ever. He knows he'll never have to answer for it.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Interesting

we watched him skate length of ice and he was not moving well - logic would say he tweaked his groin

If it’s upper body at least he can skate to keep in shape

Getzlaf is dirty player - but he has more value as a person/player then Krejci so DK needs to tske the cheap shots

Bruins players need to understand Getzlaf Has endured a lot last couple of years and the cross checks and punches are not personal more a frustration expression

Reactions: 13Hockey

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Backes is cooked.

Heinen gets paid a little over a third of what Pasta makes.

People don’t want to hear it (and I’m sure they were hurt), but if the 1st line played like the 3rd line in the Finals, the B’s hoist that Cup. The first line was great at times in the playoffs, but wildly inconsistent.

If you can only count on one line or one hand a half to produce they're too fortunate to get that far. Winning teams get contribution from the third and fourth. Teams that win get contribution from the team as a whole not just one line , a line that should not be expected to
Dominate every single series.
2 goals from Backes - scratchy
And 2 from Heinen in a total of 39 games is inexcusable . I'm quite sure that if I take past cup winners and verify contribution(points) in the past we will see much better production.
Too dump on and expect March Berg dk Debrusk pastr to be the heroes every series... Just doesn't happen like that. I imagine you know this. All players get hurt in the playoffs but we use it as a pass to those players we for wtv reason cherish. These guys can do no wrong no matter what

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I would like to see them role with a DeBrusk-Coyle-Kuhlman 2nd line while Krejci is out. Playoff 3rd line? Think Coyle's big body down low and skating works in a way that Krejci doesn't (and never has with DeBrusk IMO). Find that elusive 2RW for Heinen and Krejci ASAP. Preferably a natural scorer. That middle-6 needs a natural goal scorer in the worst way.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Pasta wow. Guys like DeBrusk and Heinen need to start pulling their weight offensively, though. We're a 2 man team right now (Pasta and Marchand)
What about Krejci, Kulaman, Coyle, Kuraly, Wagner and a few others pulling their weight. Like you said two man team, hard to pick out just one or two guys from the group not pulling their weight. However, for me, they are all playing well and the goals and points will come.

Reactions: lopey and DKH

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
It seems that in addition to the Ford F150 Final Five, we now have the Jeremy Jacobs Junk Jamboree, formerly known as the second period. In this time the team takes a nap, secondary scoring remains largely absent, and fans, squirming in their uncomfortable seats, are reminded of a business model that has certainly brought consistent results but has of late lacked the dynamism and calculated risk to obtain what's probably necessary to land the really big trophy, while leaving them with increasingly empty pockets that would be a bother if not for the fact they can no longer feel it as by this point their cramped legs have gone numb.

Slightly tongue-in-cheek and exaggerated, but some genuine issues are in there. This is a really good team with a highly competent coaching staff that plays in a great, modern venue with mostly wonderful fans. A lot of things have been done well to get it to this point. But does management have the wherewithal to go the extra yard and chance their arm for the ultimate success, and must it persist in squeezing the supporters and their experience for every last dollar at the expense of the poorer, often most hardcore and committed fans? The answer to the latter unfortunately is almost certainly yes, but to the former, I think there's still hope. We'll find out soon.

Last edited:

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
I was also wondering about Bruce sending out Pasta to get that fifth goal when I watched the game. In the end he was right not doing it because Pasta is brutal in his own end and we had to defend the lead. Then it would be risky because the Ducks were bitching around and they surely would have targeted Pasta. So him getting injured because of the romanticly idea to score a fith goal in game 6 of the season would have been stupid.

Another thought about Pasta. As I wrote above, he is brutal and also to often careless in his own end. I think that some focus on his defensive play by himself would elevate him on another level as a player and he and the team would get the benefits that are deeply needed in the Playoffs, where you need to play a two-way game to be successful. I would like to see him to play on the fourth line for a 3-5 games stint. Tell him just to focus on defense and to not care about scoring goals or any offense. Be ready physically playing the other teams bottom lines, push back and defend. The best case scenario would be to do this at the end of the regular season with both feets in the Playoffs.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I actually thought Wags was saving Getzlaf from an absolute thrashing by Big Z, so if anything Ryan should be thanking him.
I was watching Getzlaf from the start and I thought it was FAKE ‘I’m going in to get Chara for his confrontation with Jones BUT ‘oh, Wagner got in my way and I’ll avoid Chara and sucker him’

by the way -one of the six hysterical 11-year olds I was with thought the same - Getzlaf was trying to avoid Chara while still appearing to come to Jones defense

Jones the kid who started it all for no reason by calling Chara a name

I wanted the Bruins to draft Jones but a person who belongs here who would certainty know better then me told me you want to stay away from him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad