Post-Game Talk: GAME 6 - Pasta goes duck hunting - Pasta 4 Anaheim 2 F

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I was also wondering about Bruce sending out Pasta to get that fifth goal when I watched the game. In the end he was right not doing it because Pasta is brutal in his own end and we had to defend the lead. Then it would be risky because the Ducks were *****ing around and they surely would have targeted Pasta. So him getting injured because of the romanticly idea to score a fith goal in game 6 of the season would have been stupid.

Another thought about Pasta. As I wrote above, he is brutal and also to often careless in his own end. I think that some focus on his defensive play by himself would elevate him on another level as a player and he and the team would get the benefits that are deeply needed in the Playoffs, where you need to play a two-way game to be successful. I would like to see him to play on the fourth line for a 3-5 games stint. Tell him just to focus on defense and to not care about scoring goals or any offense. Be ready physically playing the other teams bottom lines, push back and defend. The best case scenario would be to do this at the end of the regular season with both feets in the Playoffs.

I was thinking same but it would have been player and stats before team

you nailed it Pastrnak can be brutal in own end and the objective would have been more get him the puck then defend and try and win - Halak would I am assuming been pissed

I give Cassidy and his staff kudos for doing the right thing

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
What about Krejci, Kulaman, Coyle, Kuraly, Wagner and a few others pulling their weight. Like you said two man team, hard to pick out just one or two guys from the group not pulling their weight. However, for me, they are all playing well and the goals and points will come.

The 4th line is more than pulling their weight and the 1st lines productivity is a direct result of that. Take a look at the ratio of D zone face offs the 4th line takes vs O zone face offs. Take look at the line matchups they get verse the other teams 1st line. They also get no PP time and all the PK time. never mind the fact that they play most the "hold the lead minutes at the end of the games" defending. So with all those defensive responsibilities to be a plus line at this point proves how good they are in their role. They have to be one of the top 4th lines in the NHL, if not the top. All that too say, they can't be grouped with the 2nd and 3rd lines in the need to score too in 5 on 5 play.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
If Krejci is going to miss a game or two, I want to see DeBrusk - Coyle - Heinen as the #2 line. The 3rd line can be some form of Ritchie/Backes, Lindholm and Khulman.
I wanted to see some DeBrusk/Coyle action prior to Krejci potentially being out. However its the question of who plays with Krejci if Heinen AND DeBrusk are playing with Coyle.

In the event Krejci is out. I'd like to see-
63-37-88
43-13-83
20-52-14
74-26-18/42

DeBrusk really hasn't been impressive at all. Seems to be earning the title of Slow Starter. Whereas the "fourth" line has been clicking very well AND Coyles line has looked its best when Kuhlman has been with him, I would roll those lines out and keep the chemistry going. I also don't think that "new fourth" line would be completely ineffective. Lindholm is by no means a top 6 player but IMO he has shown flashes of playmaking ability. Give him, DeBrusk and one of Richie/Backes some easier matchups and see what they can do. I also think Coyle and Kuralys lines can handle the tougher line matches.

IF Krejci is out for a short amount of time, once he returns, that would be the perfect time to call up Bjork and get that line going.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I'm hoping Coyle slides in for Krejci and does well enough there that they look at other options for Krejci's wings.
I would like to see

DeBrusk-Coyle-Heinen

when Krejci is back go with Bjork on recall on LW and Backes/Ritchie on the right side or actually Kuhlman

Bjork-Krejci-Kuhlman would have some good speed but they seem hellbent on Bjork & Ritchie getting a solid month of evaluation

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
Nice win against a solid team. Pasta’s 4goals are a great sign that he hasn’t lost his touch, something that Debrusk hasn’t shown since the leaf series. Ken Hodge jr. jitters?Hope he comes out of it soon. Defense wasn’t greatest, especially in 2nd. Too many odd man chances, and if it wasn’t for Halak’s superb play in the 2nd, outcome might’ve been different. Coyle on 2nd line might be an improvement since krejci couldn’t get that line going anyway. Would love to see Bjork or Steen called up

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
The second period was tough to watch, Bruce has got to get this team playing better in the 2nd.

Hoping DK is OK.

Man oh man does this team need someone else to score. The title of this thread says it all...

Reactions: BMC

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Still coming down from yesterday! My wife took me to the game for my 31st birthday. I guess they sell individual tickets to suites because that is where we were. Pasta was electric!

Thought they definitely sat back after the 1st period. Seems the Anaheim team outworked them but didn’t have the skill in their lineup to win. Was not happy with our d most of the night. Halak and Tuukka have both had amazing starts. Coyle and Heinen were good but seem a bit snake bit.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
I think it’s time the Bruins try to develop a second line around Coyle
Debrusk, Heinen, Richie, Kuleman, Backes, Bjork
Take your pick
all on board for this.. coyle needs more minutes.. its time for jake to play with a different center.. and nows a perfect chance.. i feel like heinen and coyle work well together but heinen been mostly LW so far.. i try jake on the off wing and see if a change gets him going..

Reactions: GoBs and veganbruin

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
all on board for this.. coyle needs more minutes.. its time for jake to play with a different center.. and nows a perfect chance.. i feel like heinen and coyle work well together but heinen been mostly LW so far.. i try jake on the off wing and see if a change gets him going..

I generally like this idea however I would prefer Heinen on his off wing as he has proved very capable of doing so.

Reactions: HustleB

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I would like to see

DeBrusk-Coyle-Heinen

when Krejci is back go with Bjork on recall on LW and Backes/Ritchie on the right side or actually Kuhlman

Bjork-Krejci-Kuhlman would have some good speed but they seem hellbent on Bjork & Ritchie getting a solid month of evaluation

I'd rather Heinen play on the left wing.

jangerhofer

Dec 22, 2018
New Hampshire
too soon for studs.. i am on the side of letting him play the whole year in providence.. maybe throw him in a nhl game here and there throughout the season.. no sense in rushing him..
Oh, I'm with you! I just would like to seem him for short stints to introduce him to real NHL action (as opposed to preseason). A temporary hole in the middle of the lineup sounds like a good opportunity to give him a peek.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad