Post-Game Talk: GAME 6 - Pasta goes duck hunting - Pasta 4 Anaheim 2 F

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Who was the last Bruin with 4 in a game. I think Bergy did it against Winnipeg a couple years ago around Christmas, right? Other than that I can't remember any 4 goal games.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I think... a 5 goal game means something to a player when they are retired and looking back at a career... it was a shame he didnt get on the ice with the goalie pulled. you can argue hes not the best defensively but we had a 2 goal lead...

this was an iconic moment and it was a little bit insulting to both the player and the fans that he didnt see the ice

Probably , but an empty netter isn't likely the way he wants to accomplish that.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I think... a 5 goal game means something to a player when they are retired and looking back at a career... it was a shame he didnt get on the ice with the goalie pulled. you can argue hes not the best defensively but we had a 2 goal lead...

this was an iconic moment and it was a little bit insulting to both the player and the fans that he didnt see the ice
Are you serious?

My god.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
5 Random thoughts
1) Pasta Primavera for dinner today.
2) Jaro Moog and Reggie Rask
3) Team D. 1st per. A, 2nd F. 3rd W.
4) Our PK better than NJ's. They blew 3 goal lead, PK -2.
5) Steven Kampfer is a damn good 7 D.
Excellent review

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

if we disagree about how Butch managed the bench in the final minutes of a 4-2 win then I`d suggest our boys are off to a nice start to the season.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
So what's the excuse then.....did the coach not know about the 5 goals?
It is about protecting a lead and god knows Pasta isn't know for being defensively sound.

I'd rather the 2 points than padding the history books and judging by his decison, Bruce does too.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Probably , but an empty netter isn't likely the way he wants to accomplish that.

im not going to do a lot of research on this... but off the top of my head I remember so many guys looking for hat tricks... or the 30th goal of the season... or other milestones... and theyd go out with an empty net... or their teammates would force plays towards them

I havent been an nhl pro... but I feel confident it is something a lot of these players feel is something nice for their career highlights

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
Another 2 points, goaltending is all world again. Hope Krejci injury is not too serious. This teams appears to be a closer group than last year's team.

Reactions: Alicat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad