Post-Game Talk: GAME 6 - Pasta goes duck hunting - Pasta 4 Anaheim 2 F

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Not to be a negative nelly but I just hope Pasta can bring that in the spring. He really let us down in June and his own admission that it was between the ears makes me hope he makes the necessary adjustments that cause this past playoffs to be an outlier for him

Maybe so.. but he had 9 goals throughout the playoffs 19pts in 24 games . Cant say he was on fire throughout the playoffs but those numbers are far from awful. Can't expect him to dominate every series . No one usually does.
However when we treat other players almost as if they're allowed to do squat in the playoffs that's unfair.
Consider if Heinen and Backes would have scored a few more
Something that surely isnt too much to ask for and when both of those guys score 4 goals in 39 games then pray that the usual gamers play a little God

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
if we disagree about how Butch managed the bench in the final minutes of a 4-2 win then I`d suggest our boys are off to a nice start to the season.
Doesn't read to me that any of our own are actually doing that. For some reason there's an invader from down the hall questioning the bench decisions in last couple minutes. Must be Day Out at the Asylum today.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
What happened to the Blues today is the reason Pasta wasn't on the ice in the last 3 mins. The game's not over 'til it's over and you play properly to the final whistle. Pasta has no role in any sort of defensive lineup for the Bs, even a 6 on 5, so he doesn't play in that situation. Simple as that.

Kazcram

May 13, 2012
Shakespeare Ontario
Not to be a negative nelly but I just hope Pasta can bring that in the spring. He really let us down in June and his own admission that it was between the ears makes me hope he makes the necessary adjustments that cause this past playoffs to be an outlier for him[/QUOTE i dont think he ever fully recovered from his hand injury
\
i dont think he ever fully recovered from his hand injury

Reactions: LouisSleigher

billings21

Jul 13, 2014
MA
Lost all respect for Getzlaf - was a huge fan until today

guys a piece of human waste and a fraud

I heard Max Jones was an ass hole and had issues - not surprised
??? who the heck is chris wagner to be giving getzlaf aggressive headlocks in garbage time? i don't blame getzlaf one bit

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Is the Getzlaf thing really that bad? I’ve seen Bruins do worse in the past.

I’d rather pro athletes show they give a shit about losing every now and again personally.

Good game for the first and 4th lines. Thought Coyle was really good too.

Couple guys looked like they were new to puck handling today. Heinen in particular looked like he was taking turkey intravenously into his veins.

All in all a wins a win and boys will be boys sometimes.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Is the Getzlaf thing really that bad? I’ve seen Bruins do worse in the past.

I’d rather pro athletes show they give a **** about losing every now and again personally.

Good game for the first and 4th lines. Thought Coyle was really good too.

Couple guys looked like they were new to puck handling today. Heinen in particular looked like he was taking turkey intravenously into his veins.

All in all a wins a win and boys will be boys sometimes.

it was nothing

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Maybe so.. but he had 9 goals throughout the playoffs 19pts in 24 games . Cant say he was on fire throughout the playoffs but those numbers are far from awful. Can't expect him to dominate every series . No one usually does.
However when we treat other players almost as if they're allowed to do squat in the playoffs that's unfair.
Consider if Heinen and Backes would have scored a few more
Something that surely isnt too much to ask for and when both of those guys score 4 goals in 39 games then pray that the usual gamers play a little God

Backes is cooked.

Heinen gets paid a little over a third of what Pasta makes.

People don’t want to hear it (and I’m sure they were hurt), but if the 1st line played like the 3rd line in the Finals, the B’s hoist that Cup. The first line was great at times in the playoffs, but wildly inconsistent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad