Post-Game Talk: GAME 6 - Pasta goes duck hunting - Pasta 4 Anaheim 2 F

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Backes is cooked.

Heinen gets paid a little over a third of what Pasta makes.

People don’t want to hear it (and I’m sure they were hurt), but if the 1st line played like the 3rd line in the Finals, the B’s hoist that Cup. The first line was great at times in the playoffs, but wildly inconsistent.

Kind of an unfair statement. the first line faced the other teams best players, game in and game out throughout the playoffs. Getting hit and throttled at every turn. The third line didn't have to go up against the Pietranglos. Parayoko,Jones Werenski and Slavins of the world. Im Not knocking the third line led by Coyle, because he was excellent, but I'm not buying what your trying to sell. The Bruins needed another sniper, a goal scorer, someone who could put the puck in the net, outside of Marchand and Pasta more than anything and they still do today if their going to win the Cup.

The Blues got away with Bloody Murder out there, the closest thing we've seen to 70's and 80's hockey since that time period,punishing the bruins top players every-chance they got and Pietrangelo and Parayoko are two of the best, biggest, strongest, and skilled defenseman in the world.

Bottom-Line is without that first line the Bruins wouldn't have gotten out of the first round, but lets face it teams game plan against the Bruins is to throw everything, but the kitchen sink at that first line in an attempt to slow them down and they'll take their chances with everyone else and that will continue to happen until the bruins get a legitimate goal scoring threat on that second line.

Last edited:

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Nice win but it is concerning that once again (like last season), no production from any other lines but the 1st line

and also goals mainly coming from the PP

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I think... a 5 goal game means something to a player when they are retired and looking back at a career... it was a shame he didnt get on the ice with the goalie pulled. you can argue hes not the best defensively but we had a 2 goal lead...

this was an iconic moment and it was a little bit insulting to both the player and the fans that he didnt see the ice
I can go with disappointing, but "insulting"? Nah, not really.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
??? who the heck is chris wagner to be giving getzlaf aggressive headlocks in garbage time? i don't blame getzlaf one bit
Getzlaf came up and gave a shove to Chara, who was engaged with another Duck, then locked on to him. Then Wags came over and grabbed Getzlaf. It's not like Getzlaf was just skating around and Wags jumped on him.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Fun game to watch.

It would be nice if they could get a goal or two from a line other than #1, but the team defense has been great.

Really a one goal game, aside from Halak’s mistake,

Hope DK is alright.

Reactions: Ladyfan and GoBs

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I can go with disappointing, but "insulting"? Nah, not really.

well... certainly disappointing... but honestly i ask myself why? what did the coach really have to prove? its like Toronto sitting spezza for the home opener... some things just make you question why?

if it is argued that putting pastrnak out there would create a black hold defensively... i say really? a 2 goal lead is too fragile to trust pastrnak on the ice?

if he was hurt... ok… but id like to see the player come clean in post game. take the heat off the coach... dont blame cassady i was banged up...

its not like there was only 20-30 seconds of open net either. you might say another line deserved a reward and a chance at an empty net but there was time for a shift change

it would have been a highlight of 45 years of being a fan for me... a once in a lifetime thing to see a bruin score 5 goals. up here in Canada theres a promotion you win a million dollars if a player scores 5 goals. 5 goals is HUGE

typically the result of a game on oct whatever... doesnt matter jacksquat. ask me what the score was oct 14 2013 or oct 15 2011 or oct 9 2005 and i wont even know if we played. regular season individual games wins and loses feel ok... but we are expected to support this team 41 times at home... when theres a chance to give the fans a once in a life time memory... and you just make zero effort... its insulting

and for the player... perhaps he was banged up... but one day pastrnak will be retired and he will think back at his career highlights. with luck he will have a cup or two. he will have some great memories of some teammates... but somewhere on that list he should have a warm fuzzy memory of some great goals he scored... some shinning moments when he was a superhero.

this opportunity just went poof... and for what? what was the real benefit to keeping him on the bench?

all i can think is it was either an insult to history... or maybe he was banged up

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
When I checked in to my hotel last night, I got the usual goodie bag (water, Gardettos and Oreos). The registration clerk wasn't my regular guy, so I asked him about it, and told him I was looking forward to the cookies. He then gave me three more packs of Oreos - portending a good outcome today, obviously!

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
well... certainly disappointing... but honestly i ask myself why? what did the coach really have to prove? its like Toronto sitting spezza for the home opener... some things just make you question why?

if it is argued that putting pastrnak out there would create a black hold defensively... i say really? a 2 goal lead is too fragile to trust pastrnak on the ice?

if he was hurt... ok… but id like to see the player come clean in post game. take the heat off the coach... dont blame cassady i was banged up...

its not like there was only 20-30 seconds of open net either. you might say another line deserved a reward and a chance at an empty net but there was time for a shift change

it would have been a highlight of 45 years of being a fan for me... a once in a lifetime thing to see a bruin score 5 goals. up here in Canada theres a promotion you win a million dollars if a player scores 5 goals. 5 goals is HUGE

typically the result of a game on oct whatever... doesnt matter jacksquat. ask me what the score was oct 14 2013 or oct 15 2011 or oct 9 2005 and i wont even know if we played. regular season individual games wins and loses feel ok... but we are expected to support this team 41 times at home... when theres a chance to give the fans a once in a life time memory... and you just make zero effort... its insulting

and for the player... perhaps he was banged up... but one day pastrnak will be retired and he will think back at his career highlights. with luck he will have a cup or two. he will have some great memories of some teammates... but somewhere on that list he should have a warm fuzzy memory of some great goals he scored... some shinning moments when he was a superhero.

this opportunity just went poof... and for what? what was the real benefit to keeping him on the bench?

all i can think is it was either an insult to history... or maybe he was banged up
I don't know why you think it's an insult to not play maybe our worst defensive player while protecting a lead. I was looking for him too, but understood why we didn't see him. that said, I was HOPING he'd get out there in the last 30-40 seconds, because it was unlikely Anaheim would score twice in that time. And like I said, I was disappointed it didn't happen. I just don't see any insult (which usually require intent) here.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
i didnt mention it but i like all these signs of some p and vinegar that have crept more into your posting the past year or so... sort of makes me more afraid to get on your bad side though.

i guess if you still insist i wanted to trade thornton for Tkachuk i better just bow my eyes to the ground and say yes sir.

for the record though on this matter... im with you... getzlef was a 3rd man in and fair game for a scrum. wagner would have been dropping the ball if he didnt come to the captain's aid. getzlaf got every bit of respect he earnt there with his own behavior inviting the dustup

but then if getzlaf did throw a late swing at wagner i think hes probably earnt that right over a brilliant career. has to be frustrating seeing all the struggles his team and he personally have been going through the last couple years.

If you're an Anaheim fan and just saw your team give up 4 goals to Pastrnak youd probably expect your veteran captain to do something resembling pushback

Reactions: Orr Fourever

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I don't know why you think it's an insult to not play maybe our worst defensive player while protecting a lead. I was looking for him too, but understood why we didn't see him. that said, I was HOPING he'd get out there in the last 30-40 seconds, because it was unlikely Anaheim would score twice in that time. And like I said, I was disappointed it didn't happen. I just don't see any insult (which usually require intent) here.

i might be nitpicking... but its along the same line as playing the trap when you are down 2 goals and your fans think you arent trying to at least entertain them

or... breaking some guys iron man streak because he maybe broke curfew the other night and you felt you needed to discipline him

or... just resting a guy the final day of the season when he was maybe 1 point away from winning the scoring championship...

i mean these examples i illustrate are arguably better hockey... avoid bad habits...keep discipline... play right... but this is also an entertainment business. and its hard to always be entertained in an 82 game regular season that has almost no meaning.

if you tell me there will be another chance in my lifetime to see pastrnak score 5 in a game i might say ok... i will certainly tell you that there will be many chances to protect a 2 goal lead in the last 2 mins of a game where we can sit pastrnak or anyone else and no one will blink an eye because he wont be sitting on 4 goals

we lost a chance at a lifetime memory and ended up with a win that no one will remember in may

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
i might be nitpicking... but its along the same line as playing the trap when you are down 2 goals and your fans think you arent trying to at least entertain them

or... breaking some guys iron man streak because he maybe broke curfew the other night and you felt you needed to discipline him

or... just resting a guy the final day of the season when he was maybe 1 point away from winning the scoring championship...

i mean these examples i illustrate are arguably better hockey... avoid bad habits...keep discipline... play right... but this is also an entertainment business. and its hard to always be entertained in an 82 game regular season that has almost no meaning.

if you tell me there will be another chance in my lifetime to see pastrnak score 5 in a game i might say ok... i will certainly tell you that there will be many chances to protect a 2 goal lead in the last 2 mins of a game where we can sit pastrnak or anyone else and no one will blink an eye because he wont be sitting on 4 goals

we lost a chance at a lifetime memory and ended up with a win that no one will remember in may
I get it, you're disappointed. I think we all are. I was at the "we want Bitz" game and it WAS entertaining to see him hop over the boards in the last minute. I also remember PJ Stock skating the full last 2 1/2 minutes (maybe it was less, but I like to tell it that way) with teammates trying to feed him for a hattie.

But I don't for a second believe that if either of those games was close and the Bruins were nursing a lead, either one would have been out there. And I don't think you should think for a second that Bruce set out to insult us or insult Pasta.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
i didnt mention it but i like all these signs of some p and vinegar that have crept more into your posting the past year or so... sort of makes me more afraid to get on your bad side though.

i guess if you still insist i wanted to trade thornton for Tkachuk i better just bow my eyes to the ground and say yes sir.

for the record though on this matter... im with you... getzlef was a 3rd man in and fair game for a scrum. wagner would have been dropping the ball if he didnt come to the captain's aid. getzlaf got every bit of respect he earnt there with his own behavior inviting the dustup

but then if getzlaf did throw a late swing at wagner i think hes probably earnt that right over a brilliant career. has to be frustrating seeing all the struggles his team and he personally have been going through the last couple years.
I like your idea Getzlaf has earned a right to sucker someone because of his career. That’s awesome

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I don’t care that only the top line seems to be going, and I’m not worried about it drying up in a hypothetical post season run.

It’s October. Take a win however you get it.

There is a looong way to go. Guys are gonna get hurt. Trades i assume will be made. This team will look slightly different come April.

Reactions: Alicat

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA

You bring up disrespect?
Fine.
Disrespect is putting a player out who has already had 4 goals while you are defending a lead with an empty net because it would be great to get him 5. That is called running up the score and pure unsportsmanlike conduct. It would have been first class classlessness.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I like your idea Getzlaf has earned a right to sucker someone because of his career. That’s awesome
I don’t think he’s wrong in suggesting Getzlaf might be a little pissy about how his team has performed in the back half of his career. He never came across as a guy just out for a pay cheque.

sure punching someone isn’t the most nice thing to do. Probably pretty cathartic though

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t think he’s wrong in suggesting Getzlaf might be a little pissy about how his team has performed in the back half of his career. He never came across as a guy just out for a pay cheque.

sure punching someone isn’t the most nice thing to do. Probably pretty cathartic though
As long as he doesn’t object when someone punches him because they don’t like his face or they are having a bad day

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad