Post-Game Talk: Game 6: Loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Lavy just had too much faith/loyalty/experience with these players. He is taking himself out of the equation by trusting them to work things out on their own, loooooooong after it became apparent that they weren't going to be able to. It's a bit sad that has to be his downfall, but end of the day the coach has to be part of the equation and find ways to help his team succeed. You just can't look at those PPs and how much it ultimately cost the team and come to any other conclusion than that a coaching change is needed.

You've given us some good years Lavy, much appreciated, but now it's time to say farewell. Best of luck in your next gig.

Bluebird

Feb 25, 2019
Nashville, TN
Lavy just had too much faith/loyalty/experience with these players. He is taking himself out of the equation by trusting them to work things out on their own, loooooooong after it became apparent that they weren't going to be able to. It's a bit sad that has to be his downfall, but end of the day the coach has to be part of the equation and find ways to help his team succeed. You just can't look at those PPs and how much it ultimately cost the team and come to any conclusion than that a coaching change is needed.

You've given us some good years Lavy, much appreciated, but now it's time to say farewell. Best of luck in your next gig.
If that is the case then he is a worse coach than I thought. I honestly felt all season this team had no identity. You watch Dallas and they come into the offensive zone knowing exactly what they want to do. They also aren't afraid to f'ing shoot the damn puck.

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD

Absolutely the wrong time for this..... but take note Rinne.

To me, bad defense and the power-play cost them the series. One of those things was clearly more predictable than the other. How on earth the power-play couldn't be corrected when they pretty much had the ENTIRE season to fix it, is just silly. Really bad look for the coaches and front office.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Lavy just had too much faith/loyalty/experience with these players. He is taking himself out of the equation by trusting them to work things out on their own, loooooooong after it became apparent that they weren't going to be able to. It's a bit sad that has to be his downfall, but end of the day the coach has to be part of the equation and find ways to help his team succeed. You just can't look at those PPs and how much it ultimately cost the team and come to any conclusion than that a coaching change is needed.

Yep to waiting until halfway through the third period in Game 6 to break up the JOFA line when it was evident it wasn't working was just dumb. Laviolette is a great coach, but just like when we let go of Trotz he doesn't fit what we need as a team anymore. No idea who a better option would be but I guess that's why Poile gets the big bucks.

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

You

Jul 1, 2010
Yep to waiting until halfway through the third period in Game 6 to break up the JOFA line when it was evident it wasn't working was just dumb. Laviolette is a great coach, but just like when we let go of Trotz he doesn't fit what we need as a team anymore. No idea who a better option would be but I guess that's why Poile gets the big bucks.
To be fair, every forward other than Baby Shoes was garbage and half-assed it, so the line changes were pointless

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
D4zOBraXkAAsHbR.jpg

D4zb_HdXsAEdnbi.jpg:large

D4zyf6LW4AA2HK_.jpg:large

I'm bored. Usually the team that scores first wins. We've lost twice while scoring first? I think.

And maybe Lavy gave that PP answer because he knows he may have to "retire" his good friend McCarthy.

He's not ready to go down that road yet with the season ending moments ago.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
/sigh

Welp. Root for a Blues loss somewhere down the line and see what the off-season has in store. Super disappointed in a lot of individuals at this point. Far too many to name. Rocco, Granlund, Turris showed up tonight, even if not on the scoreboard. The rest of the team joined them late, but not good enough. Optimistic about Fabbro. Rinne deserved better for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad