Nashville TN
Preds @ Stars 7:30 Pm CST

Preds gona Perd

Bare bones edition

h0f6pas019sz.png

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
If we have played good this series and dallas has just played better and that's why were down 3-2 I would feel like there was a chance we could win the this game and force game 7 but that hasn't been the case at all. We have been horrible. Absolutely dominated in this series. This coaching staff shouldnt get a mulligan after this performance. Need a new motivater and new system and a new voice in the locker room to get these guys headed back in the right direction. We can't trade the whole team so the coach has to bite the bullet I think

KurtAngle

Mar 31, 2016
The way this goofy team is I bet we win tonight. But I just feel they already have their bags packed the way they talk now. Something is wrong in that locker room.

I was listening to them on the pregame show and the way they talked of "we gotta do this and do that...", I knew we were in trouble. It's like they are going through the motions at this point and Dallas is playing.

It was shameful the way Ellis let Benn punk him out on that play and others.

I know Poile is worshipped here, but I think it's time for a philosophy change at GM. Enough of the Arvy types who get swallowed up in the playoffs. I used to think Trotz was a decent but not great coach, but now I think we got rid of the wrong guy seeing how Trotz has turned out.

Reactions: predhead1

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
If they are going to lose this series, it better be tonight for my bank accounts sake.

If they win tonight only to lay an egg on Wednesday I'm going to be so pissed.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
I know Poile is worshipped here, but I think it's time for a philosophy change at GM. Enough of the Arvy types who get swallowed up in the playoffs. I used to think Trotz was a decent but not great coach, but now I think we got rid of the wrong guy seeing how Trotz has turned out.

I think Poile is a good GM; however you are exactly right that he is considered a genius by a lot of the fanbase when he really shouldn't be. People point to a couple of nice deals he has made (Erat for Forsberg OMG) and seem to forget quite a few of the mundane-to-bad deals. This trade deadline was no different. Getting Boyle was meh. He is a decent bottom six role-player. Simmonds was not good in Philly this season and was even worse here. Granlund was a minimal upgrade (if at all) over Fiala. In my opinion Lavy lost this team months ago, but no way was Poile going to remove him.

So we will see what happens tonight. If they bow out, I think major changes in coaching need to be considered. Poile should not let the players dictate to him whether any changes should be made to the team itself. But if this team goes on a little run now and makes it to the 2nd round Lavy is back for sure and I don't know if that is a good thing.

Reactions: predfan98

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I feel like it will be more up to Dallas to lose this one for us tonight. It can happen. It's not like Dallas is some juggernaut. They're better than us, but it's still the NHL-parity-era so if they relax a bit given how easy things have been for them so far, maybe our team can push it to Game 7? :oops:

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Projected forward lines are:

Forsberg-Johansen-Arvidsson
Granlund-Turris-Grimaldi
Jarnkrok-Sissons-Smith
Boyle-Bonino-Watson

Ultimately our fate is going to depend on whether JOFA can show up or not regardless of what the other lines are.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
I have foolishly optimistic expectations for that Granlund - Turris - Grimaldi line. If Preds are gonna turn this thing around, those two underperformers needs to get going and besides Arvidsson, I don't think there's a better catalyst than Grimaldi. He's an Arvy-lite.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I have foolishly optimistic expectations for that Granlund - Turris - Grimaldi line. If Preds are gonna turn this thing around, those two underperformers needs to get going and besides Arvidsson, I don't think there's a better catalyst than Grimaldi. He's an Arvy-lite.

I agree with you but the idea that we are hoping that a guy whose been a borderline NHLer most of his career making $650K can spark two guys who have put up 60 point seasons and both make around $6 million a year is just absurd.

Reactions: Scoresberg and Gh24
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad