Pre-Game Talk: Game 6 - Leafs at Habs - This time with fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
FYI if you're 40 and he's 20......you're the millennial, not him.

Funny but true.

I was born in 1980. Turn 41 in a few weeks. My bro is a Mill, but I guess I'm an X'er. I guess I'll edit the post to just say "youngen" instead of Millennial. I think these kids are in their late 20's. So born maybe in the mid 90's?

That's probably irrelevant however.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I would take the PM. I really do want to play nicely with my neighbours. The Tavares situation was bad. All of a sudden we erupt, go quiet....and they are thinking what the heck happened....

I'm also going to see if I can get a cable splitter....he can buy the 50' coax cable, but I think the splitters are quite cheap. Heck, I think we have one at my parents place.

Talk about 1st world problems, eh.

I'll pm you the link.

BTW you could also tell him to hdmi his laptop into the TV, and then log in to his dad's cable online - I've found that that is usually even ahead of the normal cable feed. Or log in on his phone and cast it.

Heck when I'm watching the game on Rogers on my phone when I'm pooping it's usually a good 30 seconds ahead of my TV feed outside.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Matthews and Marner aren't being shut down by anyone but Price, but that isn't the point. If you can better exploit a Matthews v. Chiarot match up as opposed to Weber why wouldn't you do that?
Exactly right. Why wouldn't you try something different? A coach's job is to put players in a position to succeed.

Curt

Jun 28, 2018
How do you suggest I handle the following encounter I just had with my neighbour (literally 10 minutes ago)? (seriously, I need some millennials input here)

10am in the morning here. Just had the neighbour knock on my door....for the first time ever.

So this neighbour is behind my house. Our backyards (with a fence) line up with each other. He moved in last December. We hadn't spoken yet...

We have been watching many of the NHL playoff games on the back patio (when it's nice weather).

I have a cable outlet I installed in the garage. Works great.

Apparently millennial neighbour uses his dads cable account and uses a firestick (?) to access it. I'm looking at him thinking.....so?

Well, I guess we have a 50 second to 1 minute gap....and he had the nerve to ask us to either not watch the game outside, or keep it down, just so his crew didn't hear what was going to happen a minute in advance.

Now obviously the answer is to tell this little twerp to pound salt, and cheer louder than ever. But you know, Canadians, neighbours, we try to be decent to one another. But It's not like I'm going to stop watching outside, or stop cheering. Clearly this is a "him" issue and not a "me" issue.

But is there any way I can handle this in a more friendly manner? I was seriously considering seeing if those old school cable splitters were still available, and send him my cable line across the fence...but I think that's a bit ridiculous.

f***ing "cord cutting millennial cable thieves", lol. Can't pay for a proper TV service so you ask your neighbour to keep it down, or not watch it outside.

The nerve. :)

lol you are way too triggered by him asking a simple question...

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
I'll pm you the link.

BTW you could also tell him to hdmi his laptop into the TV, and then log in to his dad's cable online - I've found that that is usually even ahead of the normal cable feed. Or log in on his phone and cast it.

Heck when I'm watching the game on Rogers on my phone when I'm pooping it's usually a good 30 seconds ahead of my TV feed outside.

Thanks Zeke.

Need to be friendly with the new neighbours. Once Ti-Cat games start, things get rowdy at my place. Don't need any cops getting called....

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Can I recommend to Keefe to give our 1st line a shift or two away from Danault, please? He's a premier shutdown player and we're giving them the edge by matching who they want to matchup. Matthews and Marner being shutdown is on Keefe imo.

Montreal has home ice tonight, which means they have last change, so it will be the Habs coaching staff that dictates the matchups tonight, and I would expect we will see a lot of Danault shadowing Matthews.

I don't suspect that will be enough however as I think our Leafs will be ending the series today even if Montreal is able to contain our best player for the most part.. I can visualize Matthews snipping a PP goal today.

Last edited:

Westlander

the olden time
Aug 31, 2004
The Netherlands
Thanks Zeke.

Need to be friendly with the new neighbours. Once Ti-Cat games start, things get rowdy at my place. Don't need any cops getting called....

Smart. With neighbours it can be tough to undo damage, or take back something once said, and tensions can run for a long time. Even if it is kind of his problem.

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
How do you suggest I handle the following encounter I just had with my neighbour (literally 10 minutes ago)? (seriously, I need some millennials input here)

10am in the morning here. Just had the neighbour knock on my door....for the first time ever.

So this neighbour is behind my house. Our backyards (with a fence) line up with each other. He moved in last December. We hadn't spoken yet...

We have been watching many of the NHL playoff games on the back patio (when it's nice weather).

I have a cable outlet I installed in the garage. Works great.

Apparently millennial neighbour uses his dads cable account and uses a firestick (?) to access it. I'm looking at him thinking.....so?

Well, I guess we have a 50 second to 1 minute gap....and he had the nerve to ask us to either not watch the game outside, or keep it down, just so his crew didn't hear what was going to happen a minute in advance.

Now obviously the answer is to tell this little twerp to pound salt, and cheer louder than ever. But you know, Canadians, neighbours, we try to be decent to one another. But It's not like I'm going to stop watching outside, or stop cheering. Clearly this is a "him" issue and not a "me" issue.

But is there any way I can handle this in a more friendly manner? I was seriously considering seeing if those old school cable splitters were still available, and send him my cable line across the fence...but I think that's a bit ridiculous.

f***ing "cord cutting millennial cable thieves", lol. Can't pay for a proper TV service so you ask your neighbour to keep it down, or not watch it outside.

The nerve. :)

I'd probably tell him to pound salt lol

If he doesn't like hearing your TV, he should go inside or get a better stream / cable.

Or you could get a projector, a big screen and let others come join your party :P

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
If Sandin hadn't played in this series it would have been over in 4. Simple as that.

So true lol. I like the kid but he's not playoff ready yet. Game 1 both goals were on him, game 5 another 2 goals on him. No doubt in my mind it would've been a sweep if Dermott was in over Sandin. I like the puck movement on the PP but not at the cost of 2 goals against per game. Any word on the lineup today ?

Westlander

the olden time
Aug 31, 2004
The Netherlands
Montreal has home ice tonight, which means they have last change, so it will be the Habs coaching staff that dictates the matchups tonight, and I would expect we will see a lot of Danault shadowing Matthews.
Yeah well, it’s time for him to smash his way through it by God! He hasn’t beaten Price cleanly yet, just the one goal off the Holl rebound.

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
I thought the same, but in rural NB where, even though it’s advertised as high speed internet with Bell, there was lagging and actually having to close out and go back on. To me, that’s a waste of money and definitely not worth the aggravation.

Totally fair. Can you get starlink where you live? Might work better

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
The Leafs had zero shots in OT. The Habs scored on their first shot in OT.

There were obviously chances to score for both teams during the game, but you are being extremely liberal with the word "opportunities" here.
That was the intention. It’s not just about the one game. Leafs are the better team and have been the better team throughout the series. This series should’ve been over 2 games ago.

Yet careless giveaways and stupid mistakes have made this series longer to the point where a choke is possible. This is on the leafs wasting opportunities.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
That was the intention. It’s not just about the one game. Leafs are the better team and have been the better team throughout the series. This series should’ve been over 2 games ago.

Yet careless giveaways and stupid mistakes have made this series longer to the point where a choke is possible. This is on the leafs wasting opportunities.

The Leafs dominated games 2-4.

The Leafs were better in games 1 and 5 but not by a lot, and were particularly bad in the first periods of both those games and had to play catch up the rest of the way. Both games they caught up but then both times got burned by a glaring mistake at the end.

Reactions: Gallagbi

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
The Leafs dominated games 2-4.

The Leafs were better in games 1 and 5 but not by a lot, and were particularly bad in the first periods of both those games and had to play catch up the rest of the way. Both games they caught up but then both times got burned by a glaring mistake at the end.
dl.php

The only time in this series where “game flow” favoured the Habs was period 1 game 1. We trended down last game but overall we’re still better. Doesn’t mean jack over a short period of time, especially if it comes down to OT, but we should be able to win according to stats.

Anything can happen but Leafs just have to keep playing the way they do and hope for better luck.

Also....yes “close this shit out”

Reactions: SeenSchenn2

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
If Sandin hadn't played in this series it would have been over in 4. Simple as that.
I agree.

I wish they would play Dermott. He's earned it, and most importantly it would be better for the whole team.

Leave Sandin's development for the pre-season and the regular season.

And don't trade Rielly. Sandin might be the future -- or not -- but he's not ready yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad