Pre-Game Talk: Game 6 - Leafs at Habs - This time with fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

DutchHockeyGuy

Mar 8, 2007
There is nothing like watching the game live. Even if you watch the next morning, you right away can somehow figure out (because of the total time of the feed) if there will be OT or not.

Yes. Very true. So easy to fix for a streaming service, but they have not over the years unfortunately.

Reactions: Cappuccino

winterwill

Apr 13, 2006
Bear Island
As a Bruins fan, I can only wish ultimate humiliation upon the Leafs (after you humiliate the Smurfs, of course). =D
As a fellow independent comic creator and member of the human race, however, I am compelled to share this for any who might be interested in backing it:

I can't make any endorsements of this person's history on delivering on his projects, but thought I might be able to give him a bump in visibility.
Apologies if it has been posted before.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Have had a pit in my stomach since Thursday night. Can’t stomach the thought of another first round exit. Every time the Leafs have been challenged for top spot all year they came out and dominated. Expecting the same tonight. End it front of their fans tonight

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
We shouldn’t be here but here we are. Bad luck and bounces can change a shift, period and game as it did last game. When it comes to overtime it can be one bad play as we saw. Play like they can. Win tonight and be done with these guys.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
What’s with the 7:30 start time. Habs doing all they can to extend the series ? I just want this series over so I can breathe again. Teams up 3-1 in a series win 90 percent of the time. 80 percent up 3-2. Just win.

Last edited:
Reactions: hoglund

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Time to show up, and dominate, and eliminate, and move on.

Lets get' er done today boys.

We get a chance to look at what disappointment looks like tonight on the faces with fans in their building. :wg:

Reactions: Lumberg

v00d00daddy

Oct 9, 2007
I’m looking forward to seeing how many of the 2500 will be wearing blue and white.

I bet there’ll be more than we’d think. Win for the road trip fans boys!

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Habs are going to come out strong again.

We really need to win this one. I can’t fathom going to Game 7 again, I just can’t.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
62bf511ddfc1124a2cfdf74cfd0c81fa.gif

Reactions: Scion

Westlander

the olden time
Aug 31, 2004
The Netherlands
There is nothing like watching the game live. Even if you watch the next morning, you right away can somehow figure out (because of the total time of the feed) if there will be OT or not.

Well I have a system for that. I watch through Apple TV, the only time you see the time bar at the bottom is if you fast forward. I do that for commercials and between periods, and just hold up something (like a tv remote) so I don't see the time bar, any of it. On the fastest fast forward setting, 1 second = 1 minute so I can count in my head 2 sec for a commercial break, 18 sec between periods. It's low tech, but it actually works.

Have said all that, I may just watch it live this time anyway. I couldn't sleep last Saturday for being nervous so I watched game 2 live as well.

Anyway fingers crossed, I want to celebrate with a cigar in the sun tomorrow afternoon.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Have had a pit in my stomach since Thursday night. Can’t stomach the thought of another first round exit. Every time the Leafs have been challenged for top spot all year they came out and dominated. Expecting the same tonight. End it front of their fans tonight
I suppose that's one advantage of being a 50+ year fan, I am so used to being let down by this franchise, I almost never get that worked up.

Maybe if they actually advance deeper, I'll get that back again.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Hope Matthews and Marner show up tonight, we should be dominating these clowns.

The underdog Jets wiped out the Oilers with the Art Ross trophy and best player in the game McDavid in 4 straight, while our Leafs the heavy favourites playing against the lowest & #16 ranked Canadiens are in a dogfight of a series now in game #6.

The results of these North Div series should have been reversed based on QofC and expectations heading into the playoffs.

So why is that ??

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
The underdog Jets wiped out the Oilers with the Art Ross trophy and best player in the game McDavid in 4 straight, while our Leafs the heavy favourites playing against the lowest & #16 ranked Canadiens are in a dogfight of a series now in game #6.

The results of these North Div series should have been reversed based on QofC and expectations heading into the playoffs.

So why is that ??

Cos Sport isn't predictable. Otherwise sports betting wouldn't be profitable for the businesses.

Scion

May 25, 2012
When the Better team loses over and over year after year maybe they are actually not the better team

Toronto was never better than Boston and finished last year with the same number of points as Columbus. Despite that, they took each series to the limit and if not for poor goaltending probably take a few of them.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
When the Better team loses over and over year after year maybe they are actually not the better team
That's only the case this year and last year. Maybe in 2019 but it was so close when Kadri got the boot it tipped the scales to Boston. Last year was the fluke, this year we HAVE to get it done.

Reactions: Stonehands1990

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Can I recommend to Keefe to give our 1st line a shift or two away from Danault, please? He's a premier shutdown player and we're giving them the edge by matching who they want to matchup. Matthews and Marner being shutdown is on Keefe imo.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Habs are going to come out strong again.

We really need to win this one. I can’t fathom going to Game 7 again, I just can’t.

I honestly don't understand why it's never us
We never come out like we want to win. We are so passive as a team

Reactions: LeafsRus

Statsman1

Oct 31, 2014
Guys, the Leafs will win tonight. How do I know?

I watched Game 1 - they lost.

I deliberately ignored them in Game 2 - they won.

So, you don’t change the luck, right? I ignored them in Games 3 and 4 - they won those too.

I wanted to see them win the series, so I watched the first period of Game 5. Was very unhappy. Turned it off. Leafs came back! Turned on OT. We all know how that turned out.

So....I am going to visit friends tonight, and will not be watching the game.

You’re welcome.

Also, when the Leafs win, I will respectfully ask everyone to contribute to the refund of my Sportsnet Now subscription. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad