Pre-Game Talk: Game 6 - Leafs at Habs - This time with fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
I agree.

I wish they would play Dermott. He's earned it, and most importantly it would be better for the whole team.

Leave Sandin's development for the pre-season and the regular season.

And don't trade Rielly. Sandin might be the future -- or not -- but he's not ready yet.

Yeah I've said it from the start, I know Sandin is likely good for the PP... But Dermott is literally your best rush defender, against a team that only has rush offense lol. He's been solid the whole season.

Reactions: Ciao

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Key game today.

Let's see if this team is for real.

Nylander didn't score, and they lose. Need the big guy to step up.

upload_2021-5-29_9-2-22.png

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
dl.php

The only time in this series where “game flow” favoured the Habs was period 1 game 1. We trended down last game but overall we’re still better. Doesn’t mean jack over a short period of time, especially if it comes down to OT, but we should be able to win according to stats.

Anything can happen but Leafs just have to keep playing the way they do and hope for better luck.

Also....yes “close this shit out”

This pretty much matches what we’ve all seen. We’ve been the far better team this series, and if that continues tonight, we’ll be in good shape.

Price is playing extremely well, but he’s still beatable.

I trust in Campbell to bounce back today, and we’ll close this thing out

Reactions: Burnie97

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I agree.

I wish they would play Dermott. He's earned it, and most importantly it would be better for the whole team.

Leave Sandin's development for the pre-season and the regular season.

And don't trade Rielly. Sandin might be the future -- or not -- but he's not ready yet.
I have a hard time believing they will put Sandin in again today.

Reactions: Ciao

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Dermott could have had a cup of coffee before giving chase to Byron on his game winning goal and he still would have caught him.
I really thought Sandin could skate faster until I saw that goal in Game 1.

If he doesn't have another gear then its not good for him or the Leafs.

He can't survive in the NHL as a small, slow defenceman. It won't work.

Reactions: Optimist

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yeah I've said it from the start, I know Sandin is likely good for the PP... But Dermott is literally your best rush defender, against a team that only has rush offense lol. He's been solid the whole season.

Put Muzzin on PP1. Marner can carry the puck up the ice. Rielly on PP2.

Seems like an easy solution.

Sandin has shown a lot of flashes. Gonna be a great player for us. Dermott is the guy we gotta go with right now.

Reactions: Beleafer34

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Fairly certain Sandin will come out of the lineup for Dermott.

He barely played in periods 2 and 3. So yeah, I imagine Keefe is putting Dermott back in lol.

I am more curious about whether Foligno is good to go, and who comes out. I imagine Brooks.

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Well, we have to look at last game as a "growing pain".
Let's get back to behaving like pros and just WIN this game. Don't care how.

Let's do it for the fans boys! ;)

Reactions: Rob Brown

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Totally fair. Can you get starlink where you live? Might work better

This was the first time I’ve heard of it. Doesn’t appear to be cost-worthy yet.

Upfront costs, however, could be a barrier to some. Rekounas paid $820 for the required Starlink hardware, a satellite receiving dish, modem, power supply and 100 feet of cable. The subscription fee is $130 a month.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Completely different sport, but the Toronto Raptors jumped out to a 3-1 series lead against the Golden State Warriors and had the chance to close out out at Scotiabank in Game 5 and lost on a missed buzzer beater. A lot of doom and gloom scenarios raced through ones mind at that point. What would their chances be winning one on the road? Surely Game 7 is a 50/50 at best against a defending champion?

Similar dynamics here from a psychological point of view, but keep in mind the Montreal Canadiens are the farthest thing possible from a defending cup champion, and their ace in the hole Carey Price has been doing "excellent" work spotting Toronto 3 goals on average since Game 2.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I really thought Sandin could skate faster until I saw that goal in Game 1.

If he doesn't have another gear then its not good for him or the Leafs.

He can't survive in the NHL as a small, slow defenceman. It won't work.
He was on for an ~80 second shift, changing direction against one of the fastest skaters in the league.

While he's not fleet of foot, I wouldn't use that single instance as a measuring stick

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
The Leafs dominated games 2-4.

The Leafs were better in games 1 and 5 but not by a lot, and were particularly bad in the first periods of both those games and had to play catch up the rest of the way. Both games they caught up but then both times got burned by a glaring mistake at the end.
Yup. This whole series has been there's to lose. It's somewhat unsettling. Leafs should have had the sweep instead of Winnipeg. Montreal has been extremely opportunistic. That's how they have survived through this series so far. Incredibly opportunistic. That and f***in Price.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Expected Goals, All Situations:
Habs - Leafs
G1: 2.66 - 3.33
G2: 1.41 - 5.43
G3: 2.44 - 3.39
G4: 2.51 - 5.05
G5: 2.57 - 3.17
T: 11.59 - 20.37
Habs have scored 10 goals this series, Leafs 15.

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
Can someone please clarify: the winner of the second round, Leafs/Habs vs Jets, faces the winner of Avs/Golden Knights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad