Pre-Game Talk: Game 6 - Leafs at Habs - This time with fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
There is nothing like watching the game live. Even if you watch the next morning, you right away can somehow figure out (because of the total time of the feed) if there will be OT or not.

Not only live, but non-streaming live.

We watch the games outside on the deck. My millennial neighbour does the same, but he uses his dads cable account on some fire stick.

We have about a 50 second gap. He actually had the nerve to ask us to be more quiet, so he doesn't know up front what is going to happen.

Watching a game live, and watching a game with a 50 second time delay, is different.

Told him to poney up and pay for some cable...but I guess stealing and streaming from Dad's account is the way it's done these days.

Reactions: DutchHockeyGuy

Scion

May 25, 2012
As a Bruins fan, I can only wish ultimate humiliation upon the Leafs (after you humiliate the Smurfs, of course). =D
As a fellow independent comic creator and member of the human race, however, I am compelled to share this for any who might be interested in backing it:

I can't make any endorsements of this person's history on delivering on his projects, but thought I might be able to give him a bump in visibility.
Apologies if it has been posted before.

I am going to thoroughly enjoy watching Bruins fans reactions in the coming seasons when the team drops off due to age. There isn't a more deserving fan base.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Time to show up, and dominate, and eliminate, and move on.

Lets get' er done today boys.

We get a chance to look at what disappointment looks like tonight on the faces with fans in their building. :wg:
That's always a HUGE (another) motivation point sire in every sport. Especially if there are rich, arrogant fans at stands at the same time. I remember playing hockey etc at one point during my career, and this was always, always the saying when we travelled and played against some real dorks and fools during that period of life and time (time has been searched and studied if we could one point during our lives choose to go past or even in the future to do something, but it doesn't look like us human beings will never, ever be able to touch that subject. (doesn't surprise me at all of course, it's just too much for us to handle.). Way too much. Should just stop that kind of thang sire.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Can I recommend to Keefe to give our 1st line a shift or two away from Danault, please? He's a premier shutdown player and we're giving them the edge by matching who they want to matchup. Matthews and Marner being shutdown is on Keefe imo.

Imagine blaming the coach for 22+ million dollars being shut down.

Reactions: Beleafer34

Scion

May 25, 2012
I honestly don't understand why it's never us
We never come out like we want to win. We are so passive as a team

They won 3 straight games after losing JT and have been the better team in every game. What are you talking about?

Reactions: Lumberg

Westlander

the olden time
Aug 31, 2004
The Netherlands
On Android it was fixed, simply by not showing the total time of the feed. Life can just be so easy at times...
Was that just on android tablets and phones or other devices as well? I have a smart TV that uses Android for its apps but there’s no NHL app, I assume because it’s European (Philips)

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
What’s with the 7:30 start time. Habs doing all they can to extend the series ? I just want this series over so I can breathe again. Teams up 3-1 in a series win 90 percent of the time. 80 percent up 3-2. Just win.
I agree, they're the only 1st round series left so no one to compete with, this should be an afternoon game.

Reactions: LeafsRus

Scion

May 25, 2012
Imagine blaming the coach for 22+ million dollars being shut down.

Matthews and Marner aren't being shut down by anyone but Price, but that isn't the point. If you can better exploit a Matthews v. Chiarot match up as opposed to Weber why wouldn't you do that?

Cappuccino

Aug 18, 2017
the Netherlands
Was that just on android tablets and phones or other devices as well? I have a smart TV that uses Android for its apps but there’s no NHL app, I assume because it’s European (Philips)

I know for sure it was at least on phones. Even then it was possible to make an estimation of the total time by looking at the lenght of the ... (don’t know the exact word I am looking for lol)

Reactions: Westlander

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
Not only live, but non-streaming live.

We watch the games outside on the deck. My millennial neighbour does the same, but he uses his dads cable account on some fire stick.

We have about a 50 second gap. He actually had the nerve to ask us to be more quiet, so he doesn't know up front what is going to happen.

Watching a game live, and watching a game with a 50 second time delay, is different.

Told him to poney up and pay for some cable...but I guess stealing and streaming from Dad's account is the way it's done these days.

Lol paying to watch hockey on tv is a waste of money. Just stream it.

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer

How do you suggest I handle the following encounter I just had with my neighbour (literally 10 minutes ago)? (seriously, I need some millennials input here)

10am in the morning here. Just had the neighbour knock on my door....for the first time ever.

So this neighbour is behind my house. Our backyards (with a fence) line up with each other. He moved in last December. We hadn't spoken yet...

We have been watching many of the NHL playoff games on the back patio (when it's nice weather).

I have a cable outlet I installed in the garage. Works great.

Apparently millennial neighbour uses his dads cable account and uses a firestick (?) to access it. I'm looking at him thinking.....so?

Well, I guess we have a 50 second to 1 minute gap....and he had the nerve to ask us to either not watch the game outside, or keep it down, just so his crew didn't hear what was going to happen a minute in advance.

Now obviously the answer is to tell this little twerp to pound salt, and cheer louder than ever. But you know, Canadians, neighbours, we try to be decent to one another. But It's not like I'm going to stop watching outside, or stop cheering. Clearly this is a "him" issue and not a "me" issue.

But is there any way I can handle this in a more friendly manner? I was seriously considering seeing if those old school cable splitters were still available, and send him my cable line across the fence...but I think that's a bit ridiculous.

f***ing "cord cutting millennial cable thieves", lol. Can't pay for a proper TV service so you ask your neighbour to keep it down, or not watch it outside.

The nerve. :)

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
I thought the same, but in rural NB where, even though it’s advertised as high speed internet with Bell, there was lagging and actually having to close out and go back on. To me, that’s a waste of money and definitely not worth the aggravation.

Reactions: Garthinater

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I suppose that's one advantage of being a 50+ year fan, I am so used to being let down by this franchise, I almost never get that worked up.

Maybe if they actually advance deeper, I'll get that back again.
I'm the opposite. Not 50+, but the constant disappointments, especially of late, are making this worse than say the Sundin and Gilmour teams.

Scion

May 25, 2012
How do you suggest I handle the following encounter I just had with my neighbour (literally 10 minutes ago)? (seriously, I need some millennials input here)

10am in the morning here. Just had the neighbour knock on my door....for the first time ever.

So this neighbour is behind my house. Our backyards (with a fence) line up with each other. He moved in last December. We hadn't spoken yet...

We have been watching many of the NHL playoff games on the back patio (when it's nice weather).

Apparently millennial neighbour uses his dads cable account and uses a firestick (?) to access it. I'm looking at him thinking.....so?

Well, I guess we have a 50 second to 1 minute gap....and he had the nerve to ask us to either not watch the game outside, or keep it down, just so his crew didn't hear what was going to happen a minute in advance.

Now obviously the answer is to tell this little twerp to pound salt, and cheer louder than ever. But you know, Canadians, neighbours, we try to be decent to one another. But It's not like I'm going to stop watching outside, or stop cheering. Clearly this is a "him" issue and not a "me" issue.

But is there any way I can handle this in a more friendly manner? I was seriously considering seeing if those old school cable splitters were still available, and send him my cable line across the fence...but I think that's a bit ridiculous.

f***ing "cord cutting millennial cable thieves", lol. Can't pay for a proper TV service so you ask your neighbour to keep it down, or not watch it outside.

I'd just invite them over, but if that isn't an option for whatever reason I'd tell them politely that they are the ones that need to accommodate by going inside since they are the ones with the problem.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
No we have had one “game” to put them away. We’ve had several opportunities.

The Leafs had zero shots in OT. The Habs scored on their first shot in OT.

There were obviously chances to score for both teams during the game, but you are being extremely liberal with the word "opportunities" here.

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
I'd just invite them over, but if that isn't an option for whatever reason I'd tell them politely that they are the ones that need to accommodate by going inside since they are the ones with the problem.

so that was exactly my thought, but when the covid rules, I'm pushing it having my dad, brother, and a couple friends. They have at least 10 people. Also is the age gap (which I have ZERO problem with). They are 20 somethings, we are 40 somethings, and my dad is a 60 something. Certainly in normal times it would be a great Leafs party. But that isn't an option. I know I'm going to feel awkward tonight.

I really think trying to split my cable line, and running a 50' cable over the fence to his yard, may be the best solution. I wonder if he knows what a cable splitter is, lol.

Scion

May 25, 2012
We have trailed in every game ?

Game 4 was a shutout and game 3 they scored first and lead almost the whole way. And game 2 the Habs lead for less than 5 minutes before the Leafs went on a 5 goal run.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

Honestly I feel for the kid. He got all set up and now it's being ruined.

Get him to buy the cable and splitter.

Conversely - I could pm you a fast streaming link for you to give the kid and he should be able to figure out how to get it on his TV screen.

Reactions: Beleafer34

Scion

May 25, 2012
so that was exactly my thought, but when the covid rules, I'm pushing it having my dad, brother, and a couple friends. They have at least 10 people. Also is the age gap (which I have ZERO problem with). They are 20 somethings, we are 40 somethings, and my dad is a 60 something. Certainly in normal times it would be a great Leafs party. But that isn't an option. I know I'm going to feel awkward tonight.

I really think trying to split my cable line, and running a 50' cable over the fence to his yard, may be the best solution. I wonder if he knows what a cable splitter is, lol.

Do you have PVR? If so the easiest option is to run the game on a slight delay yourself. It may even make it more fun that way if everyone is cheering together.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

FYI if you're 40 and he's 20......you're the millennial, not him.

Funny but true.

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
Honestly I feel for the kid. He got all set up and now it's being ruined.

Get him to buy the cable and splitter.

Conversely - I could pm you a fast streaming link for you to give the kid and he should be able to figure out how to get it on his TV screen.

I would take the PM. I really do want to play nicely with my neighbours. The Tavares situation was bad. All of a sudden we erupt, go quiet....and they are thinking what the heck happened....

I'm also going to see if I can get a cable splitter....he can buy the 50' coax cable, but I think the splitters are quite cheap. Heck, I think we have one at my parents place.

Talk about 1st world problems, eh.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005

Can you pause your game and match timing before puckdrop, then just let it run.

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Keefe...

-Sit Thornton
-Get Kerfoot out of the Faceoff circle
-Split up Matthews and Marner as they are doing nothing offensively
-Nylander should be on the 1st PP
-Tell EVERYONE to put the puck on the net and stop passing so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad