Goal-Day Thread Game 6: Former Blackhawks @ Blackhawks - 5:30 PM - FSAZ

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
I'm still concerned with our massive amount of defensive breakdowns that lead to Raanta bailing us out, but for now I will celebrate the fact that we not only scored a goal, we scored four. Fetch me my finest whiskey.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
gH1OsY4.png

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Well, positive is we are in the games and having a chance to win even with the defensive breakdowns(that can and SHOULD be fixed).

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Hadn’t posted till now ‘cause I didn’t want to jinx it. I don’t believe in jinxes but why take a chance , ya know?

I saw great play from the defense from top to bottom. Strome didn’t play bad but he kept getting overmatched by Toewes.

They’re playing defense to make Tippet proud.

A new hope.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
It was a nice win...boys played well. Keller was great tonight, and Hinostroza plays hard every night, same with Grabner. I'd have to say Grabner is the best PKer we've ever had.

Hopefully thoughout the season, we won't have to worry about our 4on4 play. It has never been good, we're really good 3on3, but 4on4 it just seems everyone gets lost with who's got who, it's almost like 1/2 of the guys are playing zone and the other 2 guys are playing man2man.

Anyway, just absolutely love the win. Let's keep it going boys on Saturday.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Clayton Keller's pass to Lawson Crouse's one-time goal was a thing of beauty. Particularly the part where he pump fakes a shot to draw #23 on Chicago (don't know who that is) into sliding over to prepare to block the shooting lane but then he passes to Crouse instead.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
OEL, Stepan, Demers, Goligoski, Panik were still lollygaggin' that game at times. OEL woke up, Stepan did about as much good as bad.

Even Richardson was dumb at times, missed a completely wide open Grabner on the PK... that's what he's there for.

I would expect the Hawks to win 8 or 9 times out of 10 if that game is replayed and they have those same chances.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
OEL got better as the game went on. He was running around like a headless chicken during the first period. Also made some quality poke checks defensively. Stepan, Strome, Perlini, Panik totally invisible in this one, but Stepan was the worst. He's starting this season the exact same way he did the last. Took him 30 games to actually wake up.

Great game for Keller, Crouse, Vinnistroza, Grabner and Raanta. We could have lost this 6-4 if it weren't for Raanta.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
He's starting this season the exact same way he did the last. Took him 30 games to actually wake up.

I think there is one difference, and it's significant enough to matter a bit. He's not slower than usual or out of shape like last season. So if he's not playing well he's not outright a detriment. But he has not been able to handle top line matchups all that well and that's one of his most important jobs. BUT I think with Keller back on that line it will add more of a threat there and should alleviate the situation a bit.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Some quick thoughts:

Crouse looked good on the top line. Not sure that can be a long-term thing but it's worth sticking with for now.

Perlini was invisible after a strong game in Minny. There's that inconsistency.

I think I like Archibald better than Kempe. He doesn't have the speed but he's a little more well rounded.

Oesterle deserves full-time minutes.

Only a matter of time before Grabner cashes in on one of his breaks.

Also thought we deserved at least one PP in that game. Oh well.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Some quick thoughts:

Crouse looked good on the top line. Not sure that can be a long-term thing but it's worth sticking with for now.

Perlini was invisible after a strong game in Minny. There's that inconsistency.

I think I like Archibald better than Kempe. He doesn't have the speed but he's a little more well rounded.

Oesterle deserves full-time minutes.

Only a matter of time before Grabner cashes in on one of his breaks.

We should scratch Demers and bring in Lyubushkin in Winnipeg to send Jason a message.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad