Goal-Day Thread Game 6: Former Blackhawks @ Blackhawks - 5:30 PM - FSAZ

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Pretty even game, but Hawks did outplay us by a little, glad we scored a few goals.

Bottom line: Raanta>Crow=Game over

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
I feel like OEL plays so bad because Demers is hot trash. You always see him cheating towards Demers's man because he misses coverage so much

Reactions: Sthlmyote

justin323032

Oct 12, 2018
What in the hell is Fischer saying/doing at 0:18? :laugh:

8XFT0K.gif

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Vinnie and 2 yutes with the goals tonight. Might be time to dust off the goal horn button at GRA.

Lol nice ! Literally just watched that 2 days ago.

I fgured we would get outshot... But was way closer than I expected
And we put up at least 3o again. .

On the Blackwahws board someone put up the following :

Shot atempts. 73 to 56. Hawks
( Yotes blocked 27 shots )
Scoring chances. 38 25 Hawks
High dangerous scoring chances 14 to 14.
Not sure where they got that from..

I do think we have some serious issues defending in our own zone.. And i think Rantaa masks it

I dont know if the defense arent communicating with each other or what ... But there are so many times where the other teams forwards are always alone in front of our net .. I think our D coach needs to overhaul the way we defend. We do good at blocking shots and limiting the chances ....but there always seems to be a breakdown.

Last edited:
Reactions: GiveAFlyingPuck

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
OEL, Stepan, Demers, Goligoski, Panik were still lollygaggin' that game at times. OEL woke up, Stepan did about as much good as bad.

Even Richardson was dumb at times, missed a completely wide open Grabner on the PK... that's what he's there for.

I would expect the Hawks to win 8 or 9 times out of 10 if that game is replayed and they have those same chances.
Time to give it a break. You b---- and moan about every small thing. You do know there are two teams on the ice, both trying to win. Hockey is a fast sport, mistakes happen. It's easy watching the game on TV eating popcorn and say he should have or could have, but these players have to make a split second decision. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't, and it's the team that makes the least mistakes usually wins.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Lol nice ! Literally just watched that 2 days ago.

I fgured we would get outshot... But was way closer than I expected
And we put up at least 3o again. .

On the Blackwahws board someone put up the following :

Shot atempts. 75 to 56. Hawks
Scoring chances. ( cant remember but it was almost 2 to 1 for the Hawks.
High dangerous scoring chances 14 to 14.
Not sure where they got that from..

I do think we have some serious issues defending in our own zone.. And i think Rantaa masks it

I dont know if the defense arent communicating with each other or what ... But there are so many times where the other teams forwards are always alone in front of our net .. I think our D coach needs to overhaul the way we defend. We do good at blocking shots and limiting the chances ....but there always seems to be a breakdown.
We are tied for second in GAA this year, I know it is still early. We had the best goal tender last night for the first time this year. Raanta had a lot to do with the win last night but our D has been good overall. The scoring chances were even, though Hawks outplayed us but only by a little. Our forwards deserve some credit for the team D, actually the forwards have been better on D then the D themselves. This, in my opinion is the biggest improvement by far from last year. Our forechecking, back checking, and puck possession is so much better. Make no mistake the D has been way above average as well, have to be with a 2.0 GAA.

Reactions: Sthlmyote and MIG

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Time to give it a break. You b---- and moan about every small thing. You do know there are two teams on the ice, both trying to win. Hockey is a fast sport, mistakes happen. It's easy watching the game on TV eating popcorn and say he should have or could have, but these players have to make a split second decision. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't, and it's the team that makes the least mistakes usually wins.
I 100% agree with your last sentence. The NHL is a game of mistakes, you make less of them, you win. The Hawks were a little better last night but not by much. Raanta>Crow carried the game, crow wasn't horrible either. We beat the Hawks in Chicago 4-1, tell me what there is to complain about again?

Reactions: Imaravencawcaw

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
I 100% agree with your last sentence. The NHL is a game of mistakes, you make less of them, you win. The Hawks were a little better last night but not by much. Raanta>Crow carried the game, crow wasn't horrible either. We beat the Hawks in Chicago 4-1, tell me what there is to complain about again?

I expected us to go 0 and 4 on this road trip, with Minny possibly being a win , so things are looking up.

We now have a couple of players with more than 1 point.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
All the yabbering about the vets mailing it in..... Haven’t seen anyone mention it was Keller who had the brain fart which let Gustafsson go to the net unchallenged for the Hawks goal.

There were times it appeared Demers was floating a bit, but he also sold his body out and took a puck to the ankle which stopped one of the Hawks’ rushes.

This was the best offensive team we’ve faced yet and we still held them to a single goal.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I like how Keller took ownership of his blunder and told Tocchet that he was going to get the goal back for him. That kind of maturity is nice to see in a young player. Also nice that he came through.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad