GDT: Game 6 - Coyotes @ Blackhawks 7:30 PM (CT) NBCSCH - Heeeeeeee's Baaaaaaaaack...I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
clayton keller is a stud and chris kunitz is not. gunna be like this all year i would guess. Theres no secondary scoring. Good thing is crawford looks like crawford and that is huge for the future of this team.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I disagree. Schmaltz has all of the tools to be a successful centerman in the NHL except for FO%
He's responsible defensively, he backchecks, he can skate like the wind and he should be more suited for C than W. The lone exception is that he doesn't ever shoot the ****ing puck.

Although I agree about the lack of shooting, it is not Schmaltz's only problem. He invariably turns away from the scoring area on a rush, often stops or turns back or gets chased back to the perimeter where he is most comfortable. Despite his great skating and the ability to carry the puck when he wants to, he is a bottom 6 forward at this point and it's between the ears that is holding him back. He needs a wakeup call badly.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
And what is Q's excuse for putting Manning and Kunitz on the ice constantly despite ****-up after ****-up? What's the excuse for him trotting Kunitz out there on PP2, and then again, 2 minutes after his stupid ass play leading to the 3-1 goal, for the 6-5 EN situation? What's his excuse for playing Manning every single night, despite him being arguably the worst defenseman that the Hawks have iced in the T+K era? I don't care if Stan ****ed up bringing those guys in(and they're trademark Q guys), but if Q knew wtf he was doing, those two guys would be sitting in the press box as healthy scratches every night. No excuses for that. Sorry.
I'm not defending Q's decision making. Quite the contrary in fact but Stan is no better at his own job. Clean house.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
the fact that Q continues to dress Manning and trott him out there like he is a thoroughbred racehorse night after night and not give davidson or any other rockford D for that matter should be enough for Mcd and Rocky to make the move to get Q off the bench.

Not to mention Kunitz dishing a cross ice pass directly to an opposition so that they can score at will and not MOMENTS after that Kunitz is back on the ice for another shift when Q should have stripped the blades out of Kunitz skates and told him to skate the entire length of the Rideau Canal and never ever come back.

Saad is another monster f*** up, this guy needs to be benched for the next 12 games or so and be told that if wants to continue playing that he needs to "figure it out".

And don't fight what is obvious and that is that Anisimov is the best fit for Kanes C in our organization and that Schmaltz and Kane DONT work on the same line.

Access that common sense that is buried someplace deep in that cranium Q, although I truly believe that the guys synapses up there are not firing and connecting so that may be why he is behaving and making the insane decisions that he is making

what a cluster f*** the Stan and Q show has become, both of them need to be let go

the only positive from this game is that Crow looked great!

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Although I agree about the lack of shooting, it is not Schmaltz's only problem. He invariably turns away from the scoring area on a rush, often stops or turns back or gets chased back to the perimeter where he is most comfortable. Despite his great skating and the ability to carry the puck when he wants to, he is a bottom 6 forward at this point and it's between the ears that is holding him back. He needs a wakeup call badly.

Aren’t centers supposed to go inside and toward the net?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
the fact that Q continues to dress Manning and trott him out there like he is a thoroughbred racehorse night after night and not give davidson or any other rockford D for that matter should be enough for Mcd and Rocky to make the move to get Q off the bench.

Not to mention Kunitz dishing a cross ice pass directly to an opposition so that they can score at will and not MOMENTS after that Kunitz is back on the ice for another shift when Q should have stripped the blades out of Kunitz skates and told him to skate the entire length of the Rideau Canal and never ever come back.

Saad is another monster **** up, this guy needs to be benched for the next 12 games or so and be told that if wants to continue playing that he needs to "figure it out".

And don't fight what is obvious and that is that Anisimov is the best fit for Kanes C in our organization and that Schmaltz and Kane DONT work on the same line.

Access that common sense that is buried someplace deep in that cranium Q, although I truly believe that the guys synapses up there are not firing and connecting so that may be why he is behaving and making the insane decisions that he is making

what a cluster **** the Stan and Q show has become, both of them need to be let go

the only positive from this game is that Crow looked great!

The fact Manning is even a Hawk is enough for Mcd and Rocky to terminate Stanley's employment

Not to mention Kunitz another Stanley guy who was handed contract by Stanley

Eventually the Stanley defenders will have to acknowledge it was there boy who gave them contracts and created blunder. The Manning multi year deal at 2.25M is easily one of the biggest jokes in recent Hawks memory

Stanley's time should be up and Q should get to work with an actual quality GM not someone who only has job because of last name

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
The fact Manning is even a Hawk is enough for Mcd and Rocky to terminate Stanley's employment

Eventually the Stanley defenders will have to acknowledge it was there boy who gave them contracts and created blunder. The Manning multi year deal at 2.25M is easily one of the biggest jokes in recent Hawks memory

Stanley's time should be up and Q should get to work with an actual quality GM not someone who only has job because of last name

I have been ready for stan to go since the sharp fiasco. His deals are a major part of the problem as is the disconnect between he and Q

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Q is garbage at this point. If Stan should go, so should Q. Sorry, that's ridiculous that you fire the GM to find a GM that the COACH will work with... That's not how this works.

Q is long past his prime as a coach in the NHL. The guy, and everything he does as a coach, is prehistoric.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
This game truly showed this teams lack of depth up front. The team played well overall, but no one can finish outside of the big boys.

Fortin doesn't belong in the top 6, Kunitz should be on the 4th line, Hayden loooked incredibly slow, Saad was OK in the 1st and then seemed to stop playing.
Kampf looked good, but he's another guy that should be on the 4th line, not the 3rd. We are missing at least 3 top 9 forwards on this team.

I say bring up Highmore or Sikura, put them with Kane, and put Fortin with Anisimov and Saad/Hayden.

1st line
Sikura/Highmore - Schmaltz - Kane (someone who can finish needs to be on this line)
Saad/Hayden - Anisimov - Fortin
Kunitz - Kruger - Kampf

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
This game truly showed this teams lack of depth up front. The team played well overall, but no one can finish outside of the big boys.

Fortin doesn't belong in the top 6, Kunitz should be playing golf, Hayden loooked incredibly slow, Saad was OK in the 1st and then seemed to stop playing.
Kampf looked good, but he's another guy that should be on the 4th line, not the 3rd. We are missing at least 3 top 9 forwards on this team.

I say bring up Highmore or Sikura, put them with Kane, and put Fortin with Anisimov and Saad/Hayden.

1st line
Sikura/Highmore - Schmaltz - Kane (someone who can finish needs to be on this line)
Saad/Hayden - Anisimov - Fortin
Kunitz - Kruger - Kampf

FFY

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I thought he was OK outside of his big blunder. We know he's not going anywhere, so 4th line is the best spot for him in that case.

He's nothing out there. He's, at best, a net zero. And games like last night, where he's a zero, he makes a huge mistake, and then he's a net negative. I'd rather have a young player making 100 mistakes a game out there than Kunitz. Kunitz belongs on a golf course at this point in his career. Nowhere else.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
For the positives:

Crawford looked better than expected. A bit of rust but his positioning and anticipation look spot on. He was almost always square to the shooter.
Gus looked great. So did Toews. Keith, although brutal offensively was completely invisible in the backend, which means he pitched his best defensive effort since February of 2017.
The rest of the team? Lukewarm anal seepage. Rutta, Manning, and Saad were complete pointless waste.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Schmaltz is easily the most frustrating with Saad

I cant believe the shots he passes up to only turn over puck with blind/idiotic passes. Same shit we saw from him last year

And some people want to give this guy a blank check

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
He played the 2 on 1 like a peewee would. He just stood there like a pylon and froze. He didn't take away the shot, and didn't take away the pass. He was useless. It might as well have been a 2-0.

The second goal he, again, just stood there and did nothing. There's no "probably" could have played that better. My nephews in squirt and peewee "probably" could have played it better.

He belongs in the AHL, and nowhere near an NHL lineup. The guy is easily the worst defenseman the Hawks have iced since drafting Kane and Toews.

Your nephews play 2-on-1s better every single game..... ;)

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
It's dumb if you ask me. A team can easily score several goals at ES in that time and can afford to make a few mistakes as well. With the goalie out, one mistake or bad pass and often the game is over with an empty-netter against.
apparently statistics say otherwise...you know those guys like JD that just go by stats and not eye tests have determined that pulling a goalie much earlier is more beneficial for a team....I am not saying I agree with it, but it doesn't look like it worked in Dallas or with us last night...

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
It's dumb if you ask me. A team can easily score several goals at ES in that time and can afford to make a few mistakes as well. With the goalie out, one mistake or bad pass and often the game is over with an empty-netter against.
stupid HF and your damn double posts...I dont need to inflate my post stats that bad lol

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
He's nothing out there. He's, at best, a net zero. And games like last night, where he's a zero, he makes a huge mistake, and then he's a net negative. I'd rather have a young player making 100 mistakes a game out there than Kunitz. Kunitz belongs on a golf course at this point in his career. Nowhere else.
Yeah, but unfortunately Bowman signed him and we know Q is going to play him. He's not going anywhere.

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Yeah, but unfortunately Bowman signed him and we know Q is going to play him. He's not going anywhere.
nope he is not....he is an AMAZING lockeroom guy, I do honestly believe he was brought in for what he does off ice more so than on ice..there was a fear with Toews not being a good leader anymore, they brought in a guy who has been revered in every lockeroom he has been at, so obviously Kunitz brings more to the table than just on the ice, he might have been brought in to help the leadership here and get guys moving again...

if you think about it, Saad is getting dumped to the 4th line and then wearing the scratched jersey at practice...coincidence this is finally happening with Kunitz here??? Not saying Kunitz is running to the coaches and tattle tailing but I guarantee you they are asking him for his thoughts and whatever we can bitch and moan about Kunitz, hustle and effort isn't one of them. if Kunitz is saying Saad or others isn't giving a shit out there, the staff is most certainly listening. Just wish he could contribute more on the ice because he is a good guy and a good soldier...

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Schmaltz is easily the most frustrating with Saad

I cant believe the shots he passes up to only turn over puck with blind/idiotic passes. Same **** we saw from him last year

And some people want to give this guy a blank check

Literally no one has said give him a blank check. Stop making things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad