GDT: Game 6 - Coyotes @ Blackhawks 7:30 PM (CT) NBCSCH - Heeeeeeee's Baaaaaaaaack...I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
They can do both. Saad pays for 6m of Cat raise. If you move Schmaltz in a deal for Nylander then the money you give to him this summer mostly goes to Willy. Then they have cap space on top of that, 6m+ coming off the books, 8m+ in moveable contracts (AA+Murphy). It can be done imo.

Ah, I didn’t realize you meant move Schmaltz and Saad to do it. Then ya, should work financially

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
2019-20

Trade: Brandon Saad for picks/prospects (no cap back, or 1 year cap-dump coming back)
Bridge: Nick Schmaltz 3.65 x 2 (Sam Reinhart deal)
Bridge: Gustav Forsling 1.2 x 2
Bridge: Dylan Sikura 1 x 2
Re-sign: David Kampf .850 x 1
Re-sign: Marcus Kruger 1 x 1
Waive: Brandon Manning (preferably trade if possible, add a 3rd on-top if a team will take)
Call-up: Adam Boqvist
Sign: Artemi Panarin 9.5 x 7
Sign: Backup goaltender @ 1.5-2M
Sign/Call-up: Extra forwards for 23 man roster

Debrincat-Toews-Kahun
Panarin-Anisimov-Kane
Sikura-Schmaltz-Hayden
Fortin-Kruger-Kampf

Keith-Jokiharju
Forsling-Seabrook
Boqvist-Murphy
Gustafsson

Crawford
Backup

The year after, trade Anisimov and Murphy to accommodate Debrincat and Kahun’s raise. (or Kahun walks, and position replaced internally).

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
* I saw Rutta and Manning on the ice for the Yotes first goal.
* Manning was definitely on the ice for the Zona's second goal.
* Kunitz made a blind pass to the middle of the ice for Arizona's third goal.

Rutta and Manning can't get the puck out of our end. Kunitz can't finish and made a huge turnover tonight that finished the game.

Rutta, Manning, and Kunitz are bad.

Reactions: djeck42 and Rolo

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I am not for splitting up a perfectly good line just to get one guy to get his head out of his ass and Q to put the obvious choice at center for Kane, AA.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
AA + Saad were completely useless this game like all other games pretty much this year, $10M in dead cap, this team is going no where unless these two produce 50 goals in between them...

Reactions: djeck42 and Rolo

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
WRT Q vs. Stan:
Q is a good coach. His shelf life is expired here though. Q is a great Point B to C coach. He needs a talented, skilled roster to succeed at the highest level. What he isn't is a coach that can get the most out of a team that is not immensely talented. Q can coach circles around anyone in the league if he has the right pieces. I'd bet you after he leaves here, if he wants to coach again, he could go to Winnipeg or Tampa or some team like that and win a Cup. It is just over in Chicago. He's done here. The Hawks need a new voice in the dressing room.

I would gladly take that bet.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
* I saw Rutta and Manning on the ice for the Yotes first goal.
* Manning was definitely on the ice for the Zona's second goal.
* Kunitz made a blind pass to the middle of the ice for Arizona's third goal.

Rutta and Manning can't get the puck out of our end. Kunitz can't finish and made a huge turnover tonight that finished the game.

Rutta, Manning, and Kunitz are bad.

Joker left Manning out to dry in the 2 on 1 for the first goal. On the second, it was simply a great pass across the ice. Manning tried to get there, but the shot was away. He probably could have played that one better.

Look, he has struggled a bit, so it might be a good time to sit him in the box for Saturday's game. I still think he is better than what he is showing, so maybe a game or two off will be good for him. Don't give up on the Mandog!!

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
But slower. Kinda boring actually.
yes but he has outperformed Fortin in the QMJHL and in Rockford where he was one of the leading scorers. He plays good offensively and defensively, good forechecker and does PK and he was one of the fastest skaters at the AHL all star weekend. oh and he can also play centre and is good at draws.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
I know Joker is slick but young. To me he looked slow in this game. i didn't watch intently so, open to what others saw.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
How did Crow look?

Very good for a guy who has missed quite a bit.

Moved well, very good puck-handling as always, was very calm and was hid old self for example in challenging forward in goal-scoring situation.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
I know Joker is slick but young. To me he looked slow in this game. i didn't watch intently so, open to what others saw.

This game was by far the worst from him. His outlet passes were far off from target and like you said, he kind of looked slow. Obviously one situation was against Michael Grabner who is like the fastest guy out there straight forward. And the other guy started skating from zero, other was already less than half-speed.

Imo speed isn't issue but he definitely need to work on that. But like you and everybody has said, he is very young.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
How did Crow look?

He looked good, but I would say he was about 10-20% slower side to side than he was last year, hopefully it is just rust. For a first game in about a year, it was impressive though. Made a great save on a clean breakaway.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Joker left Manning out to dry in the 2 on 1 for the first goal. On the second, it was simply a great pass across the ice. Manning tried to get there, but the shot was away. He probably could have played that one better.

Look, he has struggled a bit, so it might be a good time to sit him in the box for Saturday's game. I still think he is better than what he is showing, so maybe a game or two off will be good for him. Don't give up on the Mandog!!
Manning should play in the DEL, not NHL. He is really bad.

Joker left him alone on the first but Manning still played it poor. He did not attack the puck, he did not take away the passing lane. It was just nothing.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Think it might be time to seriously consider Schmaltz at RW long term.

DeBrincat-Toews-Schmaltz
Sikura-Anisimov-Kane
Saad-Kampf-Kahun
Kunitz-Kruger-Hayden
Fortin

Ideally they can find a stop gap 3c for a pick and move Kampf to the shutdown line for Kunitz. Maybe Edjsell can be that 3C between Saad and Kahun

Then next year they sign Panarin, trade Saad, slot Sikura down to 3L with Kahun and find them a center. Maybe keep 4th line. Seems like a reasonable long term plan.

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

He played the 2 on 1 like a peewee would. He just stood there like a pylon and froze. He didn't take away the shot, and didn't take away the pass. He was useless. It might as well have been a 2-0.

The second goal he, again, just stood there and did nothing. There's no "probably" could have played that better. My nephews in squirt and peewee "probably" could have played it better.

He belongs in the AHL, and nowhere near an NHL lineup. The guy is easily the worst defenseman the Hawks have iced since drafting Kane and Toews.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Think it might be time to seriously consider Schmaltz at RW long term.

DeBrincat-Toews-Schmaltz
Sikura-Anisimov-Kane
Saad-Kampf-Kahun
Kunitz-Kruger-Hayden
Fortin

Ideally they can find a stop gap 3c for a pick and move Kampf to the shutdown line for Kunitz. Maybe Edjsell can be that 3C between Saad and Kahun

Then next year they sign Panarin, trade Saad, slot Sikura down to 3L with Kahun and find them a center. Maybe keep 4th line. Seems like a reasonable long term plan.

Then move out money in the offseason and sign Panarin for Kane.

At this point, it looks like there may be more value in paying Panarin ~$3 million more than Schmaltz to play with Kane.

Hopefully Schmaltz proves us all wrong in the coming weeks.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Today I'll be putting on my loafers, collared short sleeve polo shirt, tight shorts, my bontrager cycling cap and then I will head straight to the pub. There, in betweenst critiquing the amount of carmel and breadlike overtones in the various craft IPA's I'm served my real tears will be shed for a purpose of far more gravity...

For, last night Edzo/Foley didn't mention a soccer player, boohooooooohooooo.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

I haven't seen any reason to think he's better than what he's shown. Manning flat out stinks.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Dallas pulled Bishop with 7 minutes left 2 nights ago...it is the new trend, coaches are pulling goalies earlier now
It's dumb if you ask me. A team can easily score several goals at ES in that time and can afford to make a few mistakes as well. With the goalie out, one mistake or bad pass and often the game is over with an empty-netter against.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
It's dumb if you ask me. A team can easily score several goals at ES in that time and can afford to make a few mistakes as well. With the goalie out, one mistake or bad pass and often the game is over with an empty-netter against.

One of the dumbest trends I've ever seen in pro sports.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Sorry BWC, Manning and Kunitz have Q's name all over them. You should know Q well enough to know they are his guys. Rundblad/Duclair was definitely Stan but Manning and Kunitz are Q guys. It is pretty obvious to tell who are Stan/Q players. Old washed up vet, guy that has the rep as a SAH defenseman are Q guys.

FFS. Please stop making excuses for Stan's stupidity. Q is not the GM, no matter how much folks want to spin it to put blame on anyone but the guy who does the job.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
FFS. Please stop making excuses for Stan's stupidity. Q is not the GM, no matter how much folks want to spin it to put blame on anyone but the guy who does the job.

And what is Q's excuse for putting Manning and Kunitz on the ice constantly despite f***-up after f***-up? What's the excuse for him trotting Kunitz out there on PP2, and then again, 2 minutes after his stupid ass play leading to the 3-1 goal, for the 6-5 EN situation? What's his excuse for playing Manning every single night, despite him being arguably the worst defenseman that the Hawks have iced in the T+K era? I don't care if Stan f***ed up bringing those guys in(and they're trademark Q guys), but if Q knew wtf he was doing, those two guys would be sitting in the press box as healthy scratches every night. No excuses for that. Sorry.

Reactions: Pez68 and hawksrule
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad