GDT: NOR vs. FIN May 13, 2024

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I'm kinda confused how much you can play with the stick without getting any penalties. I've felt like Norway should've gotten a couple penaties but no.

E: Of course we get a powerplay after I said that..

Reactions: Summer Rose

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
I'm kinda confused how much you can play with the stick without getting any penalties. I've felt like Norway should've gotten a couple penaties but no.

E: Of course we get a powerplay after I said that..
We have no right to complain tbh, we’ve ben playing clutch and grab as much as anyone

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Helenius has not played in this period but he is sitting on the bench. I don't know if he is benched or is it a precaution because of a small injury

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Helenius has not played in this period but he is sitting on the bench. I don't know if he is benched or is it a precaution because of a small injury
My money is on the injury, he played one shift at the start of the period and left the ice looking very displeased/dissapointed.

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
My money is on the injury, he played one shift at the start of the period and left the ice looking very displeased/dissapointed.
Jalonen said that it wasn't about the injury so he was benched

I thought Helenus benched wasn't right. Puustinen has done absolutely nothing in this tournament and still somhow he plays in the 1st line

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
I thought Helenus benched wasn't right. Puustinen has done absolutely nothing in this tournament and still somhow he plays in the 1st line
In cases like these, it's probably got more to do with two-way play than being ineffective in the offensive end. If Jalonen sees Puustinen less of a liability than Helenius in that regard, then Puustinen is going to get more rope.

This being said, Puustinen has been the biggest disappointment of this squad so far. No matter what I just said about him and two-way play, his main job is still to be an offensive contributor and he's been quite invisible in that regard. I've been slightly ragging on Jormakka, but he did manage to make himself visible today. So I say it's time to yank Puustinen from the lineup and give Puistola a shot.

Sanf

Sep 8, 2012
I wasn´t super impressed about Helenius today (can someone see his faceoff % from somewhere?), but Puustinen wasn´that good either.

It is shame because I did like all the other lines as they were lined today.

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
In cases like these, it's probably got more to do with two-way play than being ineffective in the offensive end. If Jalonen sees Puustinen less of a liability than Helenius in that regard, then Puustinen is going to get more rope.

This being said, Puustinen has been the biggest disappointment of this squad so far. No matter what I just said about him and two-way play, his main job is still to be an offensive contributor and he's been quite invisible in that regard. I've been slightly ragging on Jormakka, but he did manage to make himself visible today. So I say it's time to yank Puustinen from the lineup and give Puistola a shot.
Yeah I said earlier in the game that Puistola <> Puustinen should definitely swap. He should be producing and he has done nothing, super disappointing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad