Pre-Game Talk: Game 6 -1/26 7:07 PM - March of the Penguins - NESN, SN360, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Devil's advocat here.

So two experiences one personal and another I wasn't there but my colleagues told me about.

1st Lemieux came to the restaurant one night several years ago ( like 20 + years) Super nice, took pictures with everyone bought drinks for the staff, as nice as could be.

Your hero, not so much , was told he was super snob. Didn't even leave a tip!!!

For the record I have it .

Orr
Gretzky
Lemieux
I worked with a woman who was a waitress at a swanky country club in southern Ontario. Gretzky was at this event and was a real asshole. Was rude to all the staff and obnoxious in general. He also never left a tip. Orr was at this event and she said he was total opposite of Gretzky.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Gotta love the way Krejci is playing right now. I don't see how the bruins don't resign him. I can see David taking the home town discount to finish his career.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
when you guys think they are going to let some fans into the games?
I would think they could let at least 2k in there right now.
I was watching the Stars game and they had 4k in there I think. Made alot more noise than I thought. It adds alot to the games.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Gotta love the way Krejci is playing right now. I don't see how the bruins don't resign him. I can see David taking the home town discount to finish his career.

Would tread lightly, lets see how the season unfolds. If we are in it to win it ride it out if not DK would be a nice trade piece at the deadline.

Reactions: rfournier103

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I was watching the Stars game and they had 4k in there I think. Made alot more noise than I thought. It adds alot to the games.
I don’t think we’re going to see any fans at the Garden this season. It’s ultimately up to the governor and mayor to decide when the fans can go back. I’m sure there are fans that want to go, but I’m also sure there are quite a few that will be hesitant to go back.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT

I think its asinine to have fans in the stands right now. The AFC/NFC championships there were WAY too many people in the stands. I kept shaking my head. You mention Dallas... Texas pretty much acts like Covid doesn't exist... thankfully it's viewed differently up here. You're going to need to see the # of cases drop significantly before fans are allowed in the Northeast. If things go well I think April/May is a possibility.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I think its asinine to have fans in the stands right now. The AFC/NFC championships there were WAY too many people in the stands. I kept shaking my head. You mention Dallas... Texas pretty much acts like Covid doesn't exist... thankfully it's viewed differently up here. You're going to need to see the # of cases drop significantly before fans are allowed in the Northeast. If things go well I think April/May is a possibility.
I was thinking definitely by playoff time.
But looking at the numbers going down now and alot of people are going to be vaccinated by end of February, Im thinking by late Feb early March now. I hope they offer cheapo seats.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
I was thinking definitely by playoff time.
But looking at the numbers going down now and alot of people are going to be vaccinated by end of February, Im thinking by late Feb early March now. I hope they offer cheapo seats.

Not enough people are going to be vaccinated by then. I think it's wishful thinking... I think even April/May is a big maybe. We shall see.

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I had Covid back in May, and I can tell you that it was absolutely no fun whatsoever. I was a hair away from needing hospitalization, and I know that if I weren’t as young and healthy as I am, it would have killed me.

As in DEAD.

If that wasn’t the sickest I’ve ever been, it’s definitely number two on the list.

My wife escaped the fever; sweating; fatigue; and coughing, but her senses of taste and smell still aren’t back to normal, and even though that’s not life or death, there are things she’s loved her whole life like peppermint and coffee that now taste like garbage to her. Knowing that your body has been altered in any way against your will is very unnerving, especially many months after the fact. I’ve made a full recovery (as far as I can tell), and I’m thankful that Mrs. 103 survived as well.

We’ve taken this very seriously from Day One, and especially after getting as sick as I was, I just can’t imagine why anyone wouldn’t be as careful as possible.

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
The Bruins can't beat these clowns by enough. After the Canadiens the Ducks and Penguins have always been the teams I hated the most. At least I respect what the Canadiens used to be, I can't say that about the Penguins.

Beat them 0n the scoreboard, the alley and anywhere else.

I don't like any team that isn't the Bruins, really. Let them all...

giphy.gif

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Between your post here, and what @JOKER 192 has said, I’m certainty willing to rethink my opinion of Mario Lemieux. I know very well how great a player he was, but I think I’ve allowed some other factors to influence my opinion of the man himself. I’m not so stubborn that I’m unwilling change my opinion if shown enough evidence to disprove it.

Very VERY true.

When I was in college, I worked with a guy who played baseball against Tom Glavine (at the time the reigning World Series MVP) in high school. I asked him what it was like to play against Glavine, and his exact words were: “three pitches and you sat down.”

Different sport, but it told me that the guys that “make it” are so much better than we could ever think of being, that it’s hard to really get your head around.

At the NHL level, even the guys that suck are really really good. It must be shocking for guys who’ve been the best player everywhere they’ve ever been to get to the NHL and find out they’re not even the best player on their own team!

Guys like Bobby Orr; Wayne Gretzky; and Mario Lemieux come along so infrequently, that we’re all very lucky to have seen them in our lifetime. Everyone knew very early on how great they would be.
You are right. I know a guy who played junior hockey against the late Dale Hawerchuck and he said he was miles better than anyone else on the ice.

Reactions: rfournier103

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Yeah you just know Tom Wilson will go out of his way to hammer Pastrnak, just to see if he'll break.
My thinking too, Wilson and Hatheway will do their best to hurt someone like that, may as well let Pasta rest up for a couple more games and bring him back after the 2 games with the Caps are over.

Reactions: BMC

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
You think so? in what way?

Just does everything right on both sides of the ice, is probably our most creative offensive player and I still feel like our team is unstoppable if he's playing at an elite level.

He still has the ability to take over a game..obviously a lot less, but he is just so underrated all across the board.

I just view someone as Datsyuk who was also an elite talent, but might've been overlooked sometimes because of how deep the Wings were.

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
My thinking too, Wilson and Hatheway will do their best to hurt someone like that, may as well let Pasta rest up for a couple more games and bring him back after the 2 games with the Caps are over.
An extra day or two of rest wouldn’t kill Pastranak. Caution is sometimes the better part of valor.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
An extra day or two of rest wouldn’t kill Pastranak. Caution is sometimes the better part of valor.
I agree. Keep him healthy. I dont want to see him pull another no show like he did in the bubble against tampa because of injury. The guy was brutal. He was on his ass more than on his skates. Dont bring him back until completely healthy

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I had Covid back in May, and I can tell you that it was absolutely no fun whatsoever. I was a hair away from needing hospitalization, and I know that if I weren’t as young and healthy as I am, it would have killed me.

As in DEAD.

If that wasn’t the sickest I’ve ever been, it’s definitely number two on the list.

My wife escaped the fever; sweating; fatigue; and coughing, but her senses of taste and smell still aren’t back to normal, and even though that’s not life or death, there are things she’s loved her whole life like peppermint and coffee that now taste like garbage to her. Knowing that your body has been altered in any way against your will is very unnerving, especially many months after the fact. I’ve made a full recovery (as far as I can tell), and I’m thankful that Mrs. 103 survived as well.

We’ve taken this very seriously from Day One, and especially after getting as sick as I was, I just can’t imagine why anyone wouldn’t be as careful as possible.
Glad you are both feeling better.

Sending a batch of virtual cookies that are guaranteed to taste delicious. :)

best-sellers-cookie-tin-10-pack.2ef56c6db58944960bb36e0694740e84.jpg

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Glad you are both feeling better.

Sending a batch of virtual cookies that are guaranteed to taste delicious. :)

View attachment 388411
Thank you, @Bruinaura!

I’ve made you this offer before, but if you’re ever in the Merrimack Valley, you’re welcome at our house anytime and I’d grill you whatever you like.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Just does everything right on both sides of the ice, is probably our most creative offensive player and I still feel like our team is unstoppable if he's playing at an elite level.

He still has the ability to take over a game..obviously a lot less, but he is just so underrated all across the board.

I just view someone as Datsyuk who was also an elite talent, but might've been overlooked sometimes because of how deep the Wings were.

I don't think the Bruins trade DK at the deadline. He would be an "own rental" at the very least.

I agree with everything here Greek. Very very underrated, IMO.

Reactions: BMC

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Ya I guess I could see that. Obviously Dats is the better player between the two, but I'd agree about being overlooked on a deep team.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Never played against NHL players but I played against a few junior players, man even they made me feel pretty small (talent wise)
Played in a mens league, and we were a bottom tier team. We added a player from the Junior Sabres, and instantly became the best team. Guy could score at will. Wasn't all muscular at all but could shoot. I know some players are muscle and built, but some guys aren't and can rifle the puck. Guess its technique.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Played in a mens league, and we were a bottom tier team. We added a player from the Junior Sabres, and instantly became the best team. Guy could score at will. Wasn't all muscular at all but could shoot. I know some players are muscle and built, but some guys aren't and can rifle the puck. Guess its technique.

Case in point - Phil Kessel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille