Pre-Game Talk: Game 6 -1/26 7:07 PM - March of the Penguins - NESN, SN360, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

giphy.gif

upload_2021-1-25_13-7-48.png

upload_2021-1-25_13-8-28.png

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I'll be interested to see how these two games go. Jarry has been hot garbage to start the season so get shots on him early and often. He also has struggled with the HD chances so live in the dirty area.

PIT
Stat
BOS
27.8​
SF/60
25.22​
SA/60
2.48​
xGF/60​
GF/60
2.48​
2.31​
xGA/60
3.72​
GA/60
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

BOLDED = Advantage

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
The Bruins can't beat these clowns by enough. After the Canadiens the Ducks and Penguins have always been the teams I hated the most. At least I respect what the Canadiens used to be, I can't say that about the Penguins.

Beat them 0n the scoreboard, the alley and anywhere else.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
The Bruins can't beat these clowns by enough. After the Canadiens the Ducks and Penguins have always been the teams I hated the most. At least I respect what the Canadiens used to be, I can't say that about the Penguins.

You got something against waterfowl?

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
As Bruce said in the interview, Pasta is traveling with the team but not sure if he is jumping in the lineup tomorrow.

Interesting to see that they had him on Krejcis line at practice and had JDB still on the top line.

Has Bruce finally seen enough of Krejci/JDB together?

Edit: Wally had a further blip from Cassidy saying he plans to reunite him on the top line. So scratch that lol.

Last edited:

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

Ever since our playoff matchups this past decade I have hated the guts out of the Penguins. They'll never be as hated as the Leafs and Habs for me, but they're up there.

They used to have a bunch of sneaky dirty players who love to hack.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bergeron, Grzelcyk Stay Off

• Patrice Bergeron and Matt Grzelcyk did not practice on Monday, though Cassidy seemed optimistic about their chances to play on Tuesday night against the Pittsburgh Penguins. Bergeron tumbled awkwardly into the post during Saturday's win over the Flyers and was given a maintenance day. "Expect him to play tomorrow," said Cassidy.
  • Grzelcyk was banged up in back-to-back games last week and did not play on Saturday, but Cassidy said that the blue liner is feeling better and "has a chance" to play against the Penguins on Tuesday. "We'll see how is in the morning skate," said Cassidy.
  • Ondrej Kase remains out with an upper-body injury.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I feel almost exactly the same way except for the part about the Ducks(?).

Pittsburgh has been gifted numerous unlikable stars and rewarded for tanking. Also, I have no issue with tough play, even if it results in injury, but I’ve never seen a bigger collection of headhunters in my time as a fan as that bunch. I’d even take the Flyers over the Penguins.

In terms of playoff misery, nobody will ever hold a candle to the Canadiens. But as you said, I can grudgingly respect their history and success. The Penguins are an a-hole organization, and the only Penguins I ever respected at all were Lemieux and Jagr. The rest of them can eff off.

Especially that little punk Crosby.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I feel almost exactly the same way except for the part about the Ducks(?).

Pittsburgh has been gifted numerous unlikable stars and rewarded for tanking. Also, I have no issue with tough play, even if it results in injury, but I’ve never seen a bigger collection of headhunters in my time as a fan as that bunch. I’d even take the Flyers over the Penguins.

In terms of playoff misery, nobody will ever hold a candle to the Canadiens. But as you said, I can grudgingly respect their history and success. The Penguins are an a-hole organization, and the only Penguins I ever respected at all were Lemieux and Jagr. The rest of them can eff off.

Especially that little punk Crosby.

Lemieux was & is a whiny little shit. Otherwise your post is spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille