Post-Game Talk: GAME 59 - McDavid scores 2 but the BRUINS scored 3 - BRUINS 3 Edmonton 2 F

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
This team is going to be tested physically tomorrow night. Very taxing game tonight against Edm then have to play 24 hours later. Calgary Flames are fighting for their playoff lives and can bring the physical. Sure is nice to have two great goalies for these back to backs.
I am going but 45 mins outside city and of course calling for some snow.Flames will throw body knowing Bruins tired I agree.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The hard wack that Pasta took in the back should be looked at by the league. If Marchy had done that, the refs would have made him hand over $5,000 right after the wack.
Yes. That was bad. Hopefully Pasta is OK.

Also, DK, Brad and Bergy hurt but OK.

So, I thought we had guys to take care of some of this crap?

mg08

May 30, 2013
Enola, Pa
I’m sure this is going to be redundant as many have posted along the same lines…..
But every team seems to get up for the B’s and try to beat the best in the league.
Other team’s Forums often note how their team is “really bringing it tonight” against the Bruins and “love the effort” compared to other games.
So helluva run thus far for the Bruins who are being battle tested most every game.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

One of the few posters I hold in high regard I think said in the GDT when this goal was scored that it was a "playoff style" goal.

Couldn't agree more.

You bet, been thinking a lot about this the past few seasons. Bruins have been relatively healthy this year and I think it’s because they’ve been driving the play more often than not

Yea that's when players are soft on the puck, not keeping their head up, not moving their feet to get out of the way of the big hits, admiring their casual dump in too long, taking an awkward fall, etc.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010

The only play that seemed really malicious with intent was the slash on Pasta, and that was at a time in which the Bs were on the PP and only up a goal. In fairness I don't think any B was about to risk getting a penalty given the situation.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
The top six is not skating at 100% speed. It's pretty obvious (and clearer in person) and I choose to believe that you cannot play 100% each night and not expect a total meltdown or burnout. If you are managing time and energy, you bring your intensity down in late Feb, early March then ramp back up after St.Patrick's Day.

If that isn't the case like you say, then they are starting to totally wear down as a top six and show serious signs of fatigue.
I think it’s the latter and I think it’s time to start managing minutes and giving players like 46 and 37 an odd night off.

I don’t see players like Zacha, DeBrusk or Pastrnak going 80%.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I’m sure this is going to be redundant as many have posted along the same lines…..
But every team seems to get up for the B’s and try to beat the best in the league.
Other team’s Forums often note how their team is “really bringing it tonight” against the Bruins and “love the effort” compared to other games.
So helluva run thus far for the Bruins who are being battle tested most every game.
Agreed.

Lost in all this is that every team is playing the Bruins like they are in the playoffs which can either harden them and have them ready or wear them down.

Time will tell.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

Kostin's likely looking at the same fine Brad got in Seattle after the fact.... glad that the officials at least called a major on the DK hit before reviewing it... that's rarely called but wish it was done more of for accountability purposes....

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The only play that seemed really malicious with intent was the slash on Pasta, and that was at a time in which the Bs were on the PP and only up a goal. In fairness I don't think any B was about to risk getting a penalty given the situation.
IDK but we cannot have that crap happen every night unless we plan on our star players getting injured.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Not specific to anything tonight, but I can’t help but be impressed at how well JDB has developed into a really solid player in all three zones.
He's gone from the doghouse to the penthouse in record time. He's definitely a difference maker on this BRUINS' team.

Reactions: Spjutmuren

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Pup that is a grizzly bear size . Perfect bruin we need to put him in a black and gold jersey with chara name on the back.
You can put this guy on his wing…..He’s already got the sweater and he’s strong, tenacious and good in the corners.

1677559916959.png

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Boston 3 McDavid 2 Oilers No Score.

I was glad to see they can play against that sort of speed (on a road trip no less) and Zacha's goal was great. True Bruin's hockey there, but that 5 on 3 was ridiculously bad. Have to question Monty's decision to put 5 forwards out there in a situation like that. He put the D men on after but really, that was dumb and the puck possession on that was horrible. Arrogance? idk, but glad it didn't cost us.

On to Calgary.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2