Post-Game Talk: GAME 59 - McDavid scores 2 but the BRUINS scored 3 - BRUINS 3 Edmonton 2 F

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1677557984736.png

1677558147946.png

1677558208635.png

1677558233591.png

1677558260084.png

Froggy_Free_Beer-777.jpg

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
2 points! Mainly glad none of the Bs got a serious injury. First Brad, then Krejci, then Begy, then the brutal slash on Pasta. All the major star forwards minus Jake. Glad Hall wasn't in the lineup or he might have aggravated whatever is ailing him given the way things went tonight.

Quality road win. Edm is second in DIFF in the West and is right in the thick of things for best record in the conference. Throw in they have the best player in the world. Bs didn't play their best and still pulled this one out. Difference these kind of wins are happening this year are secondary scoring in combination with timely goal tending.

New guys are doing great. Team continues to leave it all on the ice. Keep it rolling!

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
Caps fan just chiming in. Dima has been my favorite player since we drafted him and he quickly rose up our organizational depth chart. You guys have an incredible player and even better person. Hoping that him and Hath win the Cup with you guys this year.

unkempt

Oct 19, 2006
That was super extra ugly! I think the whole team is slowing down. Playoffs secure, no one wants to get hurt. They are still getting the wins, mind you. Ugly though. But I agree. At this point there is absolutely no reason to take risks, regular season records be damned.

Reactions: Trizz617 and BMC

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
That was super extra ugly! I think the whole team is slowing down. Playoffs secure, no one wants to get hurt. They are still getting the wins, mind you. Ugly though. But I agree. At this point there is absolutely no reason to take risks, regular season records be damned.

What's scary is that they have taken their foot of the pedal and still had the scariest 'close call' serious injury game. In one night, they were inches from losing Marchand, Bergeron and Krejci all in the same night and it had nothing to do with the speed of the game.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Caps fan just chiming in. Dima has been my favorite player since we drafted him and he quickly rose up our organizational depth chart. You guys have an incredible player and even better person. Hoping that him and Hath win the Cup with you guys this year.

Thanks for this and appreciate it! He had a great game today and looked really comfortable with McAvoy on the top pairing.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
What's scary is that they have taken their foot of the pedal and still had the scariest 'close call' serious injury game. In one night, they were inches from losing Marchand, Bergeron and Krejci all in the same night and it had nothing to do with the speed of the game.

When players play at half speed that's when injuries occur.

I've heard a bunch of players reiterate that in interviews/podcasts/etc.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Pastrnak is double-clutching his shot and skating out of wrist shot shooting range. That will also disappear in three weeks.
I’m not buying the whole “top line players are deliberately going at 80%” take. You might be overthinking that, a little.

Edmonton and Vancouver both played pretty well against us. Credit where it’s due.

Yamamoto could have easily had 2 or 3 tonight if he could put a puck on net when he needed to….

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00