Post-Game Talk: GAME 59 - McDavid scores 2 but the BRUINS scored 3 - BRUINS 3 Edmonton 2 F

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
That was...something. A win is a win but my goodness. Lucky to get out of there with our limbs still attached. If any Edmonton folks read this, please let me know if that music that was playing in your arena is something you folks listen to up there on the reg because...that was atrocious.

Idk what else to say here. Fire Sacco already.
Get y'all in some ice baths. And take some neosporin. Tylenol. And rest. Because woof. That was something.

You know the drill
giphy.gif

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I’m not buying the whole “top line players are deliberately going at 80%” take. You might be overthinking that, a little.

Edmonton and Vancouver both played pretty well against us. Credit where it’s due.

Yamamoto could have easily had 2 or 3 tonight if he could put a puck on net when he needed to….

The top six is not skating at 100% speed. It's pretty obvious (and clearer in person) and I choose to believe that you cannot play 100% each night and not expect a total meltdown or burnout. If you are managing time and energy, you bring your intensity down in late Feb, early March then ramp back up after St.Patrick's Day.

If that isn't the case like you say, then they are starting to totally wear down as a top six and show serious signs of fatigue.

Reactions: mg08

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
This team is going to be tested physically tomorrow night. Very taxing game tonight against Edm then have to play 24 hours later. Calgary Flames are fighting for their playoff lives and can bring the physical. Sure is nice to have two great goalies for these back to backs.

aguineapig

Back to the 70's. Orlov is like all those Red Army defenceman, stout, skates and handles the puck well, good stick and plays with a little edge. Hathaway coulda been a Broad Street Bully, not a Schultz more a Saleski, Won't pass up a hit or a shot ( to the opponents mug or on net). Does all the little things and doesn't mind the dirty work. Kills penalties too, gotta like it come playoffs. Zacha with the extra effort diving chip shot for the GWG. Classic 70's street hockey move. Got to eat some gravel sometimes to score the goal.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Back to the 70's. Orlov is like all those Red Army defenceman, stout, skates and handles the puck well, good stick and plays with a little edge. Hathaway coulda been a Broad Street Bully, not a Schultz more a Saleski, Won't pass up a hit or a shot ( to the opponents mug or on net). Does all the little things and doesn't mind the dirty work. Kills penalties too, gotta like it come playoffs. Zacha with the extra effort diving chip shot for the GWG. Classic 70's street hockey move. Got to eat some gravel sometimes to score the goal.
Zacha has a found home for sure . The kids gonna get over 60 points. Woah.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
I feel like I'm having an out of body experience after those last two minutes.

Was that real? Were they trying to throw the game? Did they forget they were up a goal? Did the mob have someone's kid in an abandoned factory?

Monty should have just kept rolling the regular lines and pairs out there at that point.

They can afford to get cute but i’d prefer we use our brains a little

Reactions: BBruins

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany