Post-Game Talk: GAME 59 - McDavid scores 2 but the BRUINS scored 3 - BRUINS 3 Edmonton 2 F

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I have never understood why goalies literalky sit in their crease when the play
is completely in the other teams zone.

Giving themselves a little breather? I imagine playing goalie is incredibly stressful on mind & body- they have to simultaneously have fierce concentration while making fast movements when the puck is in their end so they probably need to relax a bit before the next rush.

Reactions: hrdpuk

Drift

Jan 9, 2012
Just watched the highlights. I don't know EDM well enough but on the Foligno goal I have no idea what their D was doing. McDavid had a good backcheck and was clearly going after coyle and the D just let Foligno walk right to the net. McDavid gets a lot of crap for his "defensive play" but he seemed fine to me.

Reactions: hrdpuk

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I made it through the whole game.

If Edmonton had scored on a 3 on 5, I was going to wake up the baby with my own crying/fussing just to show him how the other half lives.

So, you were inspired.

That 2-man disadvantage the Bruins had was incredible. Guess Monty was feeling comfortable when he put 5 forwards out and thought "lets see who plays it smart out there". Turned out the only one was Swayman. After the circus calmed down the first guy he put out there was Foligno (who played it smart).

Last edited:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Team needed Gryz for breakouts last night. Would like to see him in for Forbort against faster teams. We will need both.
He should be in 100% of the time.

I guess they might not trust Gryz and Cliffy, but I would. Forbort just stinks.

If they don't trust it, maybe try something to upgrade the right side? Not sure who is available, but Lindholm, Orlov and gryz is your lock left side, no questions asked IMO. Let Forbort and JZ be the backups. Try to upgrade on the right side and let Cliffy be the 4

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Definitely agree but coach had said that he wouldn’t be part of the rotation of defence sitting.

I'm thinking he might be dealing with a low grade LBI. The first couple of games
of the RT he looked like his normal ability of skating was somewhay diminished. Was getting beat several times wide or going to his own goal that hasn't happened as regularly with him.

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
You can see the disappointment on his face. It wouldn’t surprise me to see him walk away from Edmonton if he makes it to UFA. He’ll be 29. Best years of his career being wasted in an organization that just never seems to figure things out. Outstanding player, he deserves a chance to win a Cup.
For sure can see it .That man wants to win and be the best bigtime.I thought Oilers had some looks .Yamamoto missed wide open net.Bruins pp is bothering me.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
He should be in 100% of the time.

I guess they might not trust Gryz and Cliffy, but I would. Forbort just stinks.

If they don't trust it, maybe try something to upgrade the right side? Not sure who is available, but Lindholm, Orlov and gryz is your lock left side, no questions asked IMO. Let Forbort and JZ be the backups. Try to upgrade on the right side and let Cliffy be the 4
Forbert was good last couple games .There was a couple plays where he had to squeeze the forchecker out coming down the wall that Grizz would have gotten flattened on.Orlov McAvoy Carlo Lindholm will eat a ton of minutes come playoffs so that leaves 3rd pair and PK .

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
I didn't have a problem with all the forwards on the 5v3 at the end of the game. It was a risky gamble that almost backfired, but the Bruins score there and it puts the game away, so why not put the game in the hands of your 5 best offensive players. Fortune usually favors the bold and at the end of the game, the good guys did win.
In most instances it is a good idea but not with McDavid and Draisaital on the ice. They stole the puck a couple of times and just missed tying the score.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Just watched the highlights. I don't know EDM well enough but on the Foligno goal I have no idea what their D was doing. McDavid had a good backcheck and was clearly going after coyle and the D just let Foligno walk right to the net. McDavid gets a lot of crap for his "defensive play" but he seemed fine to me.
The real disaster on that play was Poolparty, who let Orlov walk right around him with full possession on what should have been a breakout.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Forbert was good last couple games .There was a couple plays where he had to squeeze the forchecker out coming down the wall that Grizz would have gotten flattened on.Orlov McAvoy Carlo Lindholm will eat a ton of minutes come playoffs so that leaves 3rd pair and PK .

I really want to limit McAvoy, Lindholm and Orlov's PK time as much as possible.
It won't be easy to do with Gryz in there but he is obviously better than Forbort.

Why the hell doesn't the NHL allow 21 of 23 guys to dress?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad