Post-Game Talk: GAME 59 - B's leapfrog past Hogtown for 2nd in Atlantic - BRUINS 4 LA Kings 2 FINAL

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
My power rankings
Tampa

Next 4 in alphabet order only all can occupy 2-5

Boston
Calgary
Toronto
Winnipeg

Here’s the MAJOR problem

Boston vs Toronto in itself is nuts and a toss up but then Tampa likely in round 2

This is a horrible road

They could get 105 points and be a loveable likeable very good team and play the second best team in round 1 and if they get by the best in round 2

Welcome to NHL's god awful playoff seeding.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
I mean every sport has awful playoff seeding. You look at the NFL and you had a 12 win team having to play against a 10 win team then a 11 win team on the road for both games. Then you had the Red Sox who had to play 2 100 win teams to make it the World Series.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I mean every sport has awful playoff seeding. You look at the NFL and you had a 12 win team having to play against a 10 win team then a 11 win team on the road for both games. Then you had the Red Sox who had to play 2 100 win teams to make it the World Series.

The NHL had it right the first time. The NBA has it right now- 1 faces 8. They overthought things imo

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
If anyone was looking for a measuring stick this five-game stretch will be it.

Teams are using the Bruins as the measuring stick nowadays and have them circled as they haven't gone unnoticed.

Most fan I know of different teams are in awe of the Bruins this year. We might take it for granted but other fanbases talk about how hard The Bruins constantly work out there and wish their team showed half the effort, that the first line is unstoppable, and that they're the only team that injuries don't seem to affect.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I honestly think Tampa is such a machine Bruins would be doing well to lose in 6 as stands now

As of this morning Bruins are tired 2 overall with Winnipeg for points and take the tie breaker because Winnipeg plays Joe Morrow regularly and he’d be on Providence third pair

Tampa's an excellent team but The Bruins are also. Despite the standings I think that just like last year - a series between the two is pretty much a coin toss. And The Bruins, unlike most contenders, could easily take their team to the next level with some easily identifiable weaknesses in their roster. Either the kids upping their game or getting another impact mid-six winger and possibly a #3C - which are the two easiest things to pick up at the TDL.

Reactions: Trizz617

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Agree

The Bruins could pick up 22 year old version of Derek Sanderson and 25 year old Wayne Cashman and be hard pressed to get by both Leafs and Tampa

These are 3 of best 5-8 teams in the game all in one division

Reactions: TCB

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa's an excellent team but The Bruins are also. Despite the standings I think that just like last year - a series between the two is pretty much a coin toss. And The Bruins, unlike most contenders, could easily take their team to the next level with some easily identifiable weaknesses in their roster. Either the kids upping their game or getting another impact mid-six winger and possibly a #3C - which are the two easiest things to pick up at the TDL.
Boston third line is a mess

They need two top 9 players

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Might need to include the surprising Islanders.
They are plucky but I look at them like Tampa Rays or Oakland A’s in baseball or the Chargers or Colts this year in football

Fun team but Washington, Pittsburgh, and Columbus all would concern me more

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Agree

The Bruins could pick up 22 year old version of Derek Sanderson and 25 year old Wayne Cashman and be hard pressed to get by both Leafs and Tampa

Assuming Pittsburgh make the playoffs ( at the moment they are out ) do you consider them a team who could rally together and beat Tampa ? All I personally care about for this year is beating the Leafs . Beat the Leafs and I am satisfied.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Agree

No one is denying Tampa is good but the Hockey Gods certainly worked against the Bruins last year . I thought terrible officiating had more to do with the Bruins losing to Tampa in 5 games last year . The only real stinker of a game they played in that series was game 3 . The noncall on the Charlie haul down cost them game 4 , it would have been tied 2-2 .

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Fun couple of GDT's this weekend. Late night HF is great.

Kind of amazing how good this team has been at overcoming adversity, this year and last. They lose key components and somehow the other guys pick up the slack. Pasta's responsible for a ridiculous amount of their offense this year and yet, without him, they go 3-0 while scoring 13 goals. Just crazy

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
So for fun, I went and read the Kings GDT.

They are not fans of Kopitar right now. Lazy, no emotion, etc. Can you imagine this board ever saying that about Bergeron? They are also not fans of Carter.

I had to laugh when somebody said there were two rule books last night. Apparently the Bruins got away with so much....

Reactions: BMC

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Heinen gets **** for being soft but he does a lot of work down there. That mcavoy goal doesn’t happen without him

don`t forget him doing his job on Marchand`s goal and making sure no King gets to Marchand before he roofed it. In all fairness, seen it called interference a number of times and was thinking he`d get nailed for it.

Heinen does so many things well. I love his passing and puck decisions, guy rarely hands it over to opponents.

Liked Kuhlman`s game with limited TOI, sort of looked as I read here from fans, quick, works hard, seemed in control in his own zone, liked the speed of the line in general, if only they had a winger with some skill other than Nordy to help out there

Streamed this one and was forced to listen to the Kings broadcast team (sorry, can`t recall their names), really liked them, seemed well up to speed on the Bruins, spoke about Kuhlman being in his first game, threw out his stats in Providence, were a rare team who gave praise to the Bruins when warranted and were fair in their assessment of the Kings.

774EVER

& Now 374EVER
Hate to say it, and I know it was one game, but if Kovalchuk comes to Boston and brings the game that he played last night, mark me down. He was lethal with the puck on his stick all with in the O zone all night long. Actually made me cringe - kind of like how Kovalev used to make me cringe in the heyday of the Montreal rivalry.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
What a fun game last night. Well worth staying up for it.

I thought Kovalchuk was their best and most dangerous player.

That Rask save on the 2on1 was brilliant.

DeBrusk is playing his best hockey since last year’s playoffs. Glad to see him finally passing the puck again.

Another strong game from Heinen.

Carlo is going to be a Norris candidate one day.

Best “4th line” in hockey.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
What a fun game last night. Well worth staying up for it.

I thought Kovalchuk was their best and most dangerous player.

That Rask save on the 2on1 was brilliant.

DeBrusk is playing his best hockey since last year’s playoffs. Glad to see him finally passing the puck again.

Another strong game from Heinen.

Carlo is going to be a Norris candidate one day.

Best “4th line” in hockey.

thought Kovalchuk looked dangerous on the PP, invisible while 5 on 5

Reactions: BMC and FanSince72

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I was watching the hi-lites last night of the game on TSN and Sportsnet. All the embellishing the Kings did was not mentioned but they had to show that Marshy/Carter exchange. My god it will never end with them. I know it's tin foil hat territory but this agenda on him is pretty blatant.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Fell asleep after the first and I don’t regret it lol.
I did wake up in time to see Bergy’s goal

I did dvr the game so I’ll be watching it in a bit

Hell yea Bruins!!

Reactions: BMC

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Hate to say it, and I know it was one game, but if Kovalchuk comes to Boston and brings the game that he played last night, mark me down. He was lethal with the puck on his stick all with in the O zone all night long. Actually made me cringe - kind of like how Kovalev used to make me cringe in the heyday of the Montreal rivalry.

Yeah after the game in Boston I was ready to pass...after last night I changed my mind. Who knew that you can’t judge a player off a couple games? ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad