Post-Game Talk: GAME 59 - B's leapfrog past Hogtown for 2nd in Atlantic - BRUINS 4 LA Kings 2 FINAL

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto and Boston have similar schedules but I think the Bruins have a slight edge. How on earth does Toronto still have 3 with Buffalo and 2 with Montreal?

The format is nuts as Tampa should in a logical division format draw #4 Atlantic Montreal in Round 1 - but with the Wild Card crossover they will most likely draw a Metro team which could very well be Pittsburgh or even Washington.

View attachment 187783View attachment 187785
My power rankings
Tampa

Next 4 in alphabet order only all can occupy 2-5

Boston
Calgary
Toronto
Winnipeg

Here’s the MAJOR problem

Boston vs Toronto in itself is nuts and a toss up but then Tampa likely in round 2

This is a horrible road

They could get 105 points and be a loveable likeable very good team and play the second best team in round 1 and if they get by the best in round 2

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Only made it through the first.

Just watched the condensed game.

Looks like Rask won them that game. Unreal performance and exactly what they needed from their number 1 on a back to back against two teams they should beat.

Well done!

EvilElf63

Mar 27, 2012
Catskills
I fell asleep halfway through the 3rd period. Great feeling to wake up to the win! (Even though I fell asleep assuming they'd win at 2-1).

Reactions: Alicat

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
giphy.gif
temper...temper.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Two wins against bad teams, both attributable to their goalies.

If Halak & Rask weren't outstanding, this might be page 40 instead of page 4.

I know, goalies are part of the team. Just making an observation.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Two wins against bad teams, both attributable to their goalies.

If Halak & Rask weren't outstanding, this might be page 40 instead of page 4.

I know, goalies are part of the team. Just making an observation.

All true but you do gotta give them props for doing it without their best goal scorer and on the road against the bigger teams which is always a challenge for this team.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
My power rankings
Tampa

Next 4 in alphabet order only all can occupy 2-5

Boston
Calgary
Toronto
Winnipeg

Here’s the MAJOR problem

Boston vs Toronto in itself is nuts and a toss up but then Tampa likely in round 2

This is a horrible road

They could get 105 points and be a loveable likeable very good team and play the second best team in round 1 and if they get by the best in round 2

Might need to include the surprising Islanders.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
They could have threw in the towel earlier this season when their entire defense was injured.

They could have coasted and packed it in with their best player in Bergeron was injured and missed 15 games.

The hockey gods had given this team so many chances to call it quits.

I know a lot of us are irritated by the high usage of the Acciari line. But to me, they are a microcosm of this team. They work hard, they battle for the puck and despite limitations, they don't quit.

That is this team's identity. They don't leap over the hurdles placed in their way, they just run right thru them like they aren't even there.

Goodnight, all.
You forgot the part about every first and second year player besides Grz having a rough year at points in this season.

Reactions: BMC

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
It's amazing how Bergeron does what he does. There is really no argument for the Selke, he's simply the best. Even if he did miss a few games.
He wouldn't only be in the Selke conversation he probably be in both the Hart and Ross conversations right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad