Post-Game Talk: GAME 59 - B's leapfrog past Hogtown for 2nd in Atlantic - BRUINS 4 LA Kings 2 FINAL

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I'm going to take back everything I've said about wanting them to trade for Jeff Cater. He's back to The Blue Jackets Carter.

The second funniest thing last night was after Kopitar showed no emotion or battle and lets the goal in off his skate slamming his stick on the net.
But then seconds later Carter does absolutely nothing, no emotion or battle, The Bruins score and he raises his stick just like Kopitar - but doesn't - like it was too much work or something to break - that's Jeff Carter.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Bergeron is the greatest underrated NHL player since expansion

David Krejci also is playing much better then your average 32 soon to be 33 year old

I always think Peter Statsny and Kent Nilsson are the two most under-rated players in my lifetime.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
I like Carlo as a player, but wasnt that trade Carlo for Landeskog straight up.

I would still do that today.

More like Carlo+Heinen/Debrusk+pick. I remember both sides scoffing at the price on here because Lando wasn't playing all that well at the time and despite a strong rookie campaign, Carlo did not have the value he has today and Debrusk and Heinen were both producing good but not great at the AHL level.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
He’s been attacking a lot more this year. McDonagh was also not very offensive early in his career but developed that part of his game later on in the NHL. It would be great if Carlo could follow that path.

There's a big difference in not being very offensive and struggling to hit 10 points in a season. McDonagh had 32 points in his first 82 game season. Carlo has 26 in 208 career games. You need at least 50 points to be in a Norris contention in this era. I'd be surprised to see Carlo have 25 point season in his career.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Did one of the D-men get banged up last night, or is Kampfer's conditioning stint already over?

Divver with the answer:

Last edited:

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I'm going to take back everything I've said about wanting them to trade for Jeff Cater. He's back to The Blue Jackets Carter.

The second funniest thing last night was after Kopitar showed no emotion or battle and lets the goal in off his skate slamming his stick on the net.
But then seconds later Carter does absolutely nothing, no emotion or battle, The Bruins score and he raises his stick just like Kopitar - but doesn't - like it was too much work or something to break - that's Jeff Carter.

I think it was because he didn’t want to give his goalie the Keith Ballard treatment who would have been right in the way.

But he looked absolutely terrible out there last night. I don’t want the Bruins trading for him.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Hard to argue with success, but I still question the ice time the fourth liners are getting. Last night, Kuraly led all forwards in ice time and Wagner was third. Acciari played more than Bergy or Krech. That last fact in particular vexes my mind.
I think this is player management. Both DK and Bergeron are aging. Down the stretch they will play more. And for now it is working. That Acciari line is buzzling.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005

He really was amazing. A cross between Perrault and Lemieux. When he wanted to show up (which was very infrequent) he was simply one of the best players to ever lace them up.
In my books he's probably the 2nd or 3rd most talented players I've ever gotten to see - behind Orr and Lemieux.

Just such a waste of talent - and he's admitted it - but he was actually better than Gretzky when he wanted to be. not hyperbole. Kent Nilsson was very very very good.

but no one ever talks about him -

Reactions: DKH

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Might need to include the surprising Islanders.

Right now you have 9 teams fighting for 7 spots - Tampa Bay isn't going to be caught.

I am including Philadelphia as they have made up a lot of ground but they are a longshot.

Right the biggest unknown is who will Tampa play in Round 1 - and it is impossible to project. It certainly seems as though the Bruins and Leafs are on track to meet in Round 1.

upload_2019-2-17_18-2-46.png

Reactions: smithformeragent

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I think it was because he didn’t want to give his goalie the Keith Ballard treatment who would have been right in the way.

But he looked absolutely terrible out there last night. I don’t want the Bruins trading for him.

No doubt. But it was funny.

- I actually really like Carter but that was just every single way not to endear yourself to another team.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Good thoughts. A couple others are Patrick Elias and Rod Brind’Amour.

The collective even went so far to steal Kent Nilsson's 'Magic Man' nickname and give it to Datsyuk - which annoys me.

I like Elias and Brind'Amour a lot and agree they're under-rated, but I'd have them a tier or two below Statsny and Nilsson. Hawerchuk's another one but I'd have him a bit below the other two also.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad