Post-Game Talk: GAME 59 - B's leapfrog past Hogtown for 2nd in Atlantic - BRUINS 4 LA Kings 2 FINAL

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
giphy.gif

AM Bruin

The Early Worm
Feb 20, 2015
Out on a limb.
I think Heinen has turned a corner in his play the last few games. He's using his size more for an advantage. He's always had the hands and vision but seldom put it all together unlike last year.
I like him as a top six winger now but if Sweeney can pull a second line winger from somewhere Heinen kills it on the third line and almost as importantly staples Backes to the bench...

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I think Heinen has turned a corner in his play the last few games. He's using his size more for an advantage. He's always had the hands and vision but seldom put it all together unlike last year.
I like him as a top six winger now but if Sweeney can pull a second line winger from somewhere Heinen kills it on the third line and almost as importantly staples Backes to the bench...

If they can find a way to have Heinen and Krejci as the third line pairing then this team can actually compete in a best of seven with anyone in the East. Right now it's Tampa Bay then everyone else.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Important wins against some of these weaker opponents. Next 5 are going to be tough. Some of the best teams in the league back to back to back. San Jose, Vegas, St. Louis, San Jose again and Tampa.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
If anyone was looking for a measuring stick this five-game stretch will be it.
Not trying to be a downer here, but we just beat the two worst teams in the Western Conference, so I’m not buying into the whole measuring stick argument just yet. San Jose and Vegas will be the true barometer of where this team currently sits.

I’ll take competitive performances there and be happy, regardless of result.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
If anyone was looking for a measuring stick this five-game stretch will be it.

Although the next games on this road trip will probably be tougher to get a W, I can't remember the last time the B's started a west coast trip 2-0.......I'm thinking it's been awhile

...on to San Jose

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Not trying to be a downer here, but we just beat the two worst teams in the Western Conference, so I’m not buying into the whole measuring stick argument just yet. San Jose and Vegas will be the true barometer of where this team currently sits.

I’ll take competitive performances there and be happy, regardless of result.
I was actually talking about the next 5 games not the last two

Reactions: lopey

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Great victory. Bruins not only leapfrog past Leafs but are also just a single point out of 2nd overall in the league..

Just imagine, if this don't prove how screwed up this beer league playoff format is: It's highly possible for Bruins or Leafs to finish the season with the THIRD best record in the league and NOT have home ice advantage in the 1st or 2nd round of playoffs!! Seriously how messed up is that??

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Great victory. Bruins not only leapfrog past Leafs but are also just a single point out of 2nd overall in the league..

Just imagine, if this don't prove how screwed up this beer league playoff format is: It's highly possible for Bruins or Leafs to finish the season with the THIRD best record in the league and NOT have home ice advantage in the 1st or 2nd round of playoffs!! Seriously how messed up is that??

Toronto and Boston have similar schedules but I think the Bruins have a slight edge. How on earth does Toronto still have 3 with Buffalo and 2 with Montreal?

The format is nuts as Tampa should in a logical division format draw #4 Atlantic Montreal in Round 1 - but with the Wild Card crossover they will most likely draw a Metro team which could very well be Pittsburgh or even Washington.

upload_2019-2-17_3-48-30.png
upload_2019-2-17_3-50-12.png

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If they can find a way to have Heinen and Krejci as the third line pairing then this team can actually compete in a best of seven with anyone in the East. Right now it's Tampa Bay then everyone else.
I honestly think Tampa is such a machine Bruins would be doing well to lose in 6 as stands now

As of this morning Bruins are tired 2 overall with Winnipeg for points and take the tie breaker because Winnipeg plays Joe Morrow regularly and he’d be on Providence third pair

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad