GDT: Game 58: Avs vs Blues | 1 PM MT | February 16, 2019

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Avs didn't play bad at all and had their chances. Allen was great for the Blues today.

We got the full Barrie adventure. Good early on and created chances when jumping into the play. Then also horrific at times and playing a role in a goal and chances against.

Something needs to be done about the PP.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Yeah it’s a damn shame that Bednar couldn’t make a few trades to bring in some competent personnel.
While that's not on him, I do believe the only strategic plan he has in the offensive zone is to get the puck in deep, battle for it, get it back to the point and get shots.

The Avs aren't a creative hockey team.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
While that's not on him, I do believe the only strategic plan he has in the offensive zone is to get the puck in deep, battle for it, get it back to the point and get shots.

How could you say that when they’re shooting more from high danger areas than pretty much other team.

mattand1mixtape

Apr 2, 2013
Its getting there in the first place thats the problem. The midgets cant get there and the skilled players rather get a highlight reel goal.
I agree with you, but thats what I dont understand. Thats gotta be the mindset in tight games like this. Put pucks to the net, anticipate a rebound and get a greasy one. Could be a coach thing but at this level I put that on the players.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Avs didn't play bad at all and had their chances. Allen was great for the Blues today.

We got the full Barrie adventure. Good early on and created chances when jumping into the play. Then also horrific at times and playing a role in a goal and chances against.

Something needs to be done about the PP.

I was watching some of the early season successes they had on the PP and alot of it was due to the fact people were moving and the passes were crisp. When they moved around it opened up lanes and guys werent hesistent to get the puck across. Both Mikko and Mackinnons passing on the PP was clean. Now you look at it and Mikko cant make a simple pass. I cant recall the last time I said wow that was a nice play by Mikko. I dont know whats up with him but im gonna feel some type of way when they ink him to an 11 mill contract if this keeps up.

Reactions: Avs_19

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Same shit, same results. Teams simply aren't going to let MacKinnon's line beat them. They focus everything they have into stopping that line.

Because we have nothing else, Soderberg 2 point blank chances in the 3rd nothing to show for it. Our depth lines are just a f***ing joke and everyone knows it.

Our defense is a joke, namely Barrie who should be better than what he is giving us. You've been in the league for a long time, the errors he makes are that of a first year player playing in their first month of action.

It's not a surprise that the only game we won over the last month was the one fluke game where it depth guys actually scored.

Varly is showing me more by the day that he was hurt for a month and a half because he is back to being very reliable. Nice game by him lots of big saves.

Until we can start rolling it 4 NHL lines and a NHL defense instead of one NHL line and 3 random assortmemt of AHL caliber/ KHL caliber lines, it's going to be the same old shit.

Reactions: sethro109

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow

They try to keep it simple because outside of the first line we do not really have forwards who can make a difference. Not enough skill - as pointed out many, many times before.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I agree with you, but thats what I dont understand. Thats gotta be the mindset in tight games like this. Put pucks to the net, anticipate a rebound and get a greasy one. Could be a coach thing but at this level I put that on the players.
You have to wanna be in that area. Not enough guys on this team want it that bad. Landeskog, Mackinnon, Soderberg, Calvert all go to that area. Not many other guys do on a regular basis on this team and in the case of Jost and Kerfoot its a death wish to be hangin around that area so thats why they hardly venture there.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Get a 2nd line, improve the goaltending somehow, get guys like Bourque and Calvert out of the lineup.

If those things happen then next season will be better.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Colorado Avalanche Playoff Chances - Sports Club Stats

Our playoff chances are down to 29.5% after today's loss.

We need to go 14-6-4 just to have a 75% chance at making the playoffs.

If we go 11-11-2, we have a very high chance of a top 5 pick.

I can't see us even winning 11 of the final 24 games.
Thats why selling at the TDL is most likely what we should be doing. I rather we make the playoffs but damn if nothing changes between now and the TDL im gonna be pissed at Joe. Either add something to help us get in or shed yourself of the dead weight.

Reactions: S3rkie and AvsFan29

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It was also painful to watch them continuously try to give the puck to Jost on the PP to set up. I think he fumbled it almost every single time.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Get a 2nd line, improve the goaltending somehow, get guys like Bourque and Calvert out of the lineup.

If those things happen then next season will be better.
Calvert is fine. He hasn't been signed to score 30 goals, he's been signed to be a pest. And that exactly what he is. And Bourque hasn't even been in the lineup for a while.

But i would be fine with getting rid of Ghetto/Kerfoot/Jost - just to name a few.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Thats why selling at the TDL is most likely what we should be doing. I rather we make the playoffs but damn if nothing changes between now and the TDL im gonna be pissed at Joe. Either add something to help us get in or shed yourself of the dead weight.
Especially with so many contracts ending. He needs to see what he can get for Nemeth / Varly / Kerfoot etc

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad