Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Angelina Jolie circa 1999/2000

Ingrid Bergman 1942

WarmheartedCanineGuanaco-small.gif

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
Remember back in November when McGuire was gushing about the Avs on NBC about how we were potential cup contenders, how electric the building was again and how 'hockey is back in the state of Colorado' ? Good times.
Don't put this on McGuire. I remember at least half of the posters here were gushing the same thing, you included:laugh:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Kim Novak (specifically from the film "Picnic") or Jennifer Connelly from "The Rocketeer" are in the Top Five IMO, but the ex of former NHLer Mariusz Czerkawski, Izabella Scorupco, in Pierce Brosnan's first 007 film "Goldeneye" will always be my pick. Took a mediocre film (though the video game sure was amazing) and made it very entertaining. Doesn't hurt that Famke Janssen plays a woman who kills men by crushing them with her superhumanly powerful thighs.

This is a much more enjoyable subject than the actual game.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
What a frustrating loss. Avs play a very strong 59 minutes of hockey, Varly plays like vintage Varly again, and two mistakes cost them another two points.

Landy gets caught out of position straying towards the slot where he doesn't need to be, and leaves Tarasenko wide open. That was the second time they left him wide open in the circle and he's not gonna miss twice.

Then Barrie with another brutal defensive play. Just completely stops covering Sanford and lets him skate in for the tip in. Tying up the mans stick there is defense 101. I don't know why he just stops covering his defensive assignment so often. His sub par defensive play isn't just flying under the radar like it usually does, it's directly leading to goals and losses lately.

MacKinnon hasn't looked right since his bench blowup. Ever since that game, the top line hasn't been the same, he hasn't been anywhere near as effective, his passes look like hope passes too often, and his finish just isn't there. The PP just isn't clicking either. Bednar needs to sit down and have a long talk with him, because his head is still getting in the way. Without him on top of his game, there's no way the Avs make the playoffs.

The Avs forwards have a severe lack of poise. I've been talking about this all year, but it's just not getting any better. It's a direct result of the max out effort for skating they have to do in Bednar's system IMO. They just can't settle themselves down, pick spots to shoot at, and hit that spot. 3 or 4 times there was open net to shoot at in this game, with an Av forward with the puck a few feet away, and they missed.

Reactions: MacBradley

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The Avs are relying on a perimeter offense, both at even strength and on the power play, to win them games. That's just not cutting it. Defensive mistakes aside, you expect to give up a couple to a STL team that is currently clicking on all cylinders. But if you're not going to score, or not even generate shots on the power play, then why bother coming to play at all?

This is why I've pretty much turned on Bednar. The ES offense and the goaltending collapse is not on him, however the litany of dumb penalties and special teams implosion absolutely IS on him and his staff.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I think it´s safe to say we traded the wrong person in O´Reilly. Should´ve been Duchene back then.

Doesn't make sense. We didn't trade ROR because we had to trade someone.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
The Avs are relying on a perimeter offense, both at even strength and on the power play, to win them games. That's just not cutting it. Defensive mistakes aside, you expect to give up a couple to a STL team that is currently clicking on all cylinders. But if you're not going to score, or not even generate shots on the power play, then why bother coming to play at all?

This is why I've pretty much turned on Bednar. The ES offense and the goaltending collapse is not on him, however the litany of dumb penalties and special teams implosion absolutely IS on him and his staff.
Because landeskog and Soderberg are pretty much the only players with size and skill who will go to the front of the net. The smurfs cycle around the boards. JTC sometimes gets in front.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
The Blues are great right now, impressive, considering this fact I guess this loss wasn't terrible but it's time for a push.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I was talking to my Avs friend yesterday and I am still pissed off that the team left Tarasenko open and alone like five dangerous times before he actually scored. Lol.

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Note to Sakic

After a coaching change Blues are a completely different team.

Last edited:

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
It wasn't the coaching change...it was the goalie change. But Yeo was indeed a terrible coach so...
Both Avs goalies have had better stretches than STL goalies for the most part.

Bednar also has a horrid record as a coach. He's not that great.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

If he was a better in game manager I think he’d be a good coach. But he can’t adapt to other teams at all mid game and it’s somewhat obvious imo.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Not here to defend Bednar. I'm done doing that. Just saying about 90% of the Blues' turnaround had to do with them finally admitting that Jake Allen sucks (except against the Avs) and Jordan Binnington playing out of his mind.

FTR I don't think Berube is all that great a coach either. Better than Yeo or Bednar, but not that great either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad