GDT: Game 58: Avs vs Blues | 1 PM MT | February 16, 2019

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
I'm down for a Poolparty for Jost swap, I wouldn't even be mad if he became a PPG player on McDavid's wing.

This team needs a shake-up.
Trading one f***-up for another f***-up is not really a "shake up", don't you think.

But Barrie for Hubi (which is not going to happen) - sure, sign me up.

StLAvsFan

Feb 8, 2015
Calvert is fine. He hasn't been signed to score 30 goals, he's been signed to be a pest. And that exactly what he is. And Bourque hasn't even been in the lineup for a while.

But i would be fine with getting rid of Ghetto/Kerfoot/Jost - just to name a few.
Ghetto/Jost/Kerfoot/Nemeth/Barrie/Bourque/Varlamov—-All need to be gone!

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Andrighetto had his best game in 75 years.
Meh, I thought he held on to the puck way to much in most situations. He will make a nice play then immediately negate all of it by usually just skating into traffic. He's the hockey equivalent of a dog who chases cars, if they ever caught it, they wouldn't know what to do with it.

Reactions: mapletreemarty

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Meh, I thought he held on to the puck way to much in most situations. He will make a nice play then immediately negate all of it by usually just skating into traffic. He's the hockey equivalent of a dog who chases cars, if they ever caught it, they wouldn't know what to do with it.
That's what's concerning about it being his best game.

Reactions: S3rkie

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
That's what's concerning about it being his best game.
We got lucky with his production last year. Considering we traded that useless plug for him, it was a nice surprise. But that ship has sailed, and he shouldn't be on this roster.

You aren't taking a serious run at the playoffs with Andrighetto / Bourque / Nemeth in your line up

Reactions: klozge

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
We got lucky with his production last year. Considering we traded that useless plug for him, it was a nice surprise. But that ship has sailed, and he shouldn't be on this roster.

You aren't taking a serious run at the playoffs with Andrighetto / Bourque / Nemeth in your line up
Yeah, I agree with all of that. Just saying he did better than lately.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I'm just about done with Barrie. He causes so many of our goal against right now. That second goal...oh man! That is basic defensive assignment right there...and nothing. He just let him slide right to the net...yeah slide not even skate. The problem with Barrie is that Bednar can't bench him because he needs his offense to try to tie it up.

Jost is an other one that had a bad game.

Too bad for Varly he had a very good game again.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
This kinda throws the whole prevailing narrative (which I also bought into) of If-they-only-had-league-average-goaltending-! into the dumper. Can't win if you don't score.

0-for-23 on the power play. That's inexcusable.

Bednar low-key (as he does everything) called out the Roomies line twice during his presser. Also doesn't appear pleased with Mikko.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
What a stupid and frustrating game. Avs didn't look bad, but every single prime scoring chance the effin' player missed the net.

Everyone looked kind of dumb today, Landeskog with a low percentage shot on a 3-on-2, Rantanen didn't even get a shot on his breakaway, and I thought MacKinnon should have beat Allen on the outside instead of trying to go 5-hole.

Blues played a good road game, they have the strengths and weaknesses to be a very good road game, but Avs should've done more with their chances.

I got another aspect which i hate about Barrie, the dude is so gun-ho and reckless for the sake of offence that he CONSTANTLY runs around the defencive zone to try and press the game that it often leads him out of position. This out of position makes it really tough because the other players are trying to cover for him leading other players open like Blues first goal. Barrie caught in no man's land which makes EJ go on his side to cover for him where Landeskog goes down low to cover for EJ leaving Tara****ingsenko wide open. Absolutely unacceptable.

I thought EJ and Nieto have been the Avs two best players lately, which isn't going to get you many wins. Nemeth and Rantanen in particular have been dreadful.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This kinda throws the whole prevailing narrative (which I also bought into) of If-they-only-had-league-average-goaltending-! into the dumper. Can't win if you don't score.

0-for-23 on the power play. That's inexcusable.

Bednar low-key (as he does everything) called out the Roomies line twice during his presser. Also doesn't appear pleased with Mikko.

Makes sense. They were the Avs worst line and Rantanen got worse and worse as the game went on.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Makes sense. They were the Avs worst line and Rantanen got worse and worse as the game went on.

He had Greer and the 4th line out there in the closing minutes. If that wasn't a sign...

Don't have any idea what the organization's goal is with Jost. I don't care if Wilson's injured or sick or just plain sucks, they should've called up someone else, OR made a deal for a depth forward instead of calling him back up to do what he's done the whole season...nothing.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
He had Greer and the 4th line out there in the closing minutes. If that wasn't a sign...

Don't have any idea what the organization's goal is with Jost. I don't care if Wilson's injured or sick or just plain sucks, they should've called up someone else, OR made a deal for a depth forward instead of calling him back up to do what he's done the whole season...nothing.

Yeah, this isn't helping anyone. As I said earlier, watching him on the PP was especially rough. He kept bobbling the puck on what should've been simple plays. That's not a skating or strength issue, which is what makes the whole thing more concerning and frustrating. Even on the one good scoring chance he had he waited and waited until he ran out of room and it was broken up. He has zero confidence out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad