Post-Game Talk: GAME 57 - We Had 'Em All the Way - BRUINS 6 Seattle 5

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
What a stupid thread on Brad (main board). Sad to see (but not at all surprised) one of the posters from here joining the Brad bashers.

I'm not surprised at all to see Sportsnet posting the video - they go out of their way to do this whenever he does anything. They hate the Bruins just like the rest of Canadian media.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
It was great. Seattle fans were good to yak to. I only had one guy kept chirping me after the game that the Bruins suck. It was kinda odd

Place was loud..longest lineups to mens washroom I have ever seen though..lol
nice, I`ll make the trek next year, thanks

DGS

Jan 21, 2014
Portland, OR
My 11 year old and I had a great time fully decked in black and gold! Sloppier game on our part, but the back and forth scoring kept it super exciting. When Bergy and Marchand had the shorty I may have spilled my beer :oops:.

They gave out these cool posters for their reverse retro night, featuring Ryan Donato lol.

D593DD90-37F5-4C64-A68E-CD85149428DE.jpeg

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
My 11 year old and I had a great time fully decked in black and gold! Sloppier game on our part, but the back and forth scoring kept it super exciting. When Bergy and Marchand had the shorty I may have spilled my beer :oops:.

They gave out these cool posters for their reverse retro night, featuring Ryan Donato lol.

View attachment 655993
Oh to be an 11-year old Bruins fan again.
Cheers!

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
Our new additions are really going to help some of the things that were exposed last night.

Like to see Hall get some confidence. Thought Coyle was quiet. Clifton with some nice hits last night. Had Seattle noticing where he was.

Which C is going to go up against ROR?

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Not true.

I believe even even-strength time counts toward playing time.
Not true.

I believe even even-strength time counts toward playing time.
Yes it does

But the reason why Frederic played more then Hall is because

The bruins had 53 seconds of Pp time last night

And usually hall averages over 2 plus mins of Pp time

Having only 1 abbreviated Pp decreased his normal ice time

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
View attachment 655815

Seattle is going to be an excellent market for the NHL - they should have had a team decades ago but the NBA Sonics blocked any attempt.

The Sonics fled to Oklahoma City when the city and county refused to build a new arena to replace KeyArena. Ironically the Kraken now plays in what was KeyArena after a $1.2 BILLION dollar renovation.

The Kraken owners want an NBA team to become Sonics 2.0 and the locals feel that either New Orleans or Memphis will relocate.
remember, Climate Pledge was and still is the original Seattle Center Coliseum..... Key Arena's official name was Key Arena at Seattle Center..... it's the 2nd renovation on site because the Sonics were forced to Tacoma, just like the Storm were offloaded the last few seasons due to this renovation

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
:biglaugh:

Oh, I have my 2011 sweatshirt hoodie as well.

Working Game 7 in Vancouver was the best experience in my professional career. We all knew the B's HAD to score first in that game and then came the pivotal moment. Vancouver is down 2-0 but gets a power play late in the second period and then THIS happened.

That short-handed goal by Bergeron should be considered the greatest goal in Bruins history. No disrespect to Bobby's goal in 1970 but the Bruins had won the Cup 2 weeks earlier when they swept Chicago.

Bergeron's goal made it 3-0 and everybody knew the Cup was coming to Boston.

What is forgotten is how gracious the heartbroken Canucks fans in the arena were to Boston winning. Outside the arena? There would have been a riot if Vancouver had won.

Absolutely the most important goal in franchise history. It was only 2-0, Vancouver had all the momentum and had not just a PP, but a PP with Chara in the box. Before that faceoff my gut was sinking so bad in fear that the Canucks were going to score on that PP, take the momentum to tie it, then win it in the third period. Bergy changed absolutely everything and won the cup in that moment by being able to beat Ehrhoff's obstruction. The moment also displayed Luongo's fatal mental and perhaps physical weakness, bailing out on contact rather than holding his position.

I also will never get enough of Alain Vigneault's gum chewing thousand yard stare after that either.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Survived a bumpy 30-minute flight from Seattle to Vancouver and the Lyft driver recommended this place - saw Meatloaf and all is good.

Getting some nasty stares because I am wearing my 2011 Stanley Cup Champions hat.
😂

It is 22 F here which is unusual for Vancouver that actually has palm trees.

View attachment 655810
View attachment 655811
You are the Phantom Gourmet of HFboards, and I love your food posts!

Reactions: bruins19

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
The problem with Hall is that he's not getting inside position. He uses his speed very well to the outside, but defenders keep him there, and his dekes aren't working. He works hard, but it's just not happening for him right now.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Great job by the Night Shift Crew.....fun crowd

Interesting. Just shows the regional differences of one language. Thank you for teaching me something new :)

I also spelled it wrong. Cojones is the actual spelling and I heard it first in Spanish class in college
How true....like everyone in the south says "Hey Ya'all" when everyone in Maine knows the proper expression is "Chupta"

Reactions: sooshii

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Just finished watching the replay. I see why people were complaining about the refs. Such BS. Good for the Bruins for putting the pedal to the metal and taking the points. This team never gives up.

Reactions: Gordoff and sooshii

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Nice to get the win, especially after a couple of Seattle goals Swayman usually stops where he had a good look but whiffed. Made the comeback a bit harder.

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad